Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 12:53 PM

8,534 posts, read 7,414,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mica View Post
It's not that hard to NOT put your finger on the trigger when you don't want to. You are ignoring the fact that there are millions,millions! of loaded guns everyday in America that do not accidentally go bang.

Seriously, more children drown in backyard pools than die by guns every year. I am talking about real children, not using the 'stats' that the anti gun crowd uses which include up to 19 years old, which of course include gang bangers and such.

The good thing about the 4 rules of firearm safety is you can screw up and not adhere to 3 of them and you will still not accidentally shoot something you do not intend to.

I sold one of my handguns today to another citizen of my state, no background check required. All legal and NOT part of the mythical 'gunshow loophole'. God Bless America!

Excellent post!!! It's our constitutional RIGHT to "bear arms"!!!!

Old 02-06-2010, 02:24 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,991,765 times
Like I said (post 285) if you want to see what ruins the culture and flavor of a place you think you might like, move there and bring your garbage with you. This was done in NH and this place isn't 1/2 as nice as it was pre 1990.

In NH there is rather alot still rural, and the comment on guns is nuts. Even in the most rural places crime comes to you. I mean with out a neighbot for a mile in any direction crime can come right to your door step.

Then lets say in winter when the roads are the best in rural places becuase the frozen ice tends to level them, town can still be 35 minutes away.

So if there is a criminal threat and tou call the cops, even if they drop every other problem, with a man force of maybe 3 if it is a big Cop Shop, it will take them something better than 35 minutes to arrive.

While I am not a criminal...... yet, since the Govt seems to be trying to make one of me anyway, I know that in 35 minutes I alone can create a hell of a lot of mayhem.

In 05 I passed thru places like Mt and Az touring the USA armed on a motorcycle, and most of the people I asked directions from were in open carry mode, and that made me feel a lot more secure. Criminals are not known for open carry a bit.

NH has the over blown fancy houses too, the most ugly things possible, that do not blend well with the land or the local tradition. The ugly sins create some wild artificial tax rates, because people pay upwards of 5 million bucks for what they call a summer shack. I wouldn't give 2 cents for one on a bet.

Sometimes I get to do labor, yeah labor at these places, and the owner will have his 'man' direct me as to what needs done, his 'man' not capable of any labor either it seems.

While I do what ever I do, the two of them will strut around like 2 peacocks, as if they are gods.. Then when I am done they act as if they did it with their own 2 hands. I just get a pricey penny for what ever from folks like that. I found out long ago if you don't ask enough it is an insult.

I coined the name sting for this fee, a Sting Fee added to my regular fee, which appears to not be cheating, and infact seem to add value to what ever labor was done.

Ok by me, but the reality is i wish these folks could fit in and dwell like locals do, and quit postin every inch of land.

As to motorcycle ridin, you just keep out of the law unless you ride. In Nh there is no lid law for over 18, and I decide if I want to wear a lid on a given day or not. I have 2 and wear them as i see fit.

Go make such a law and I may break it as I see fit.

I was armed on the mc tour in 40 states i hit, and i didn't pull that guns trigger once, but camped out crossing the USA both ways with my wife we were secure.

LOL, and it isn't me you need to fear with a gun either, but you might not want to tick off my wife, as she shoots dang straight.

Old 02-14-2010, 07:21 PM

406 posts, read 1,361,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatvermonter View Post

6) Don't blast hip-hop or wear your pants around your ankles. NO ONE here wants to hear it, believe me!
What?! You have a whole rule devoted to this? I see kids blasting hip hop and wearing baggy jeans everyday, and I just laugh at them because they are hilarious. My life would be much less entertaining if they weren't around.

Old 02-22-2010, 01:20 AM

418 posts, read 488,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geonerd View Post
If it isn't fear that makes you want to carry a weapon everywhere you go then what is it? Isn't your stated purpose to fend off would-be attackers? That is fear of being attacked.

Some fear is good. If you go to Afghanistan, I hope you're going to be very well armed. If, however, you're going to the Loaf-n-Jug on a Sunday afternoon in Conrad, MT, the amount of fear a reasonable person would have in that situation does not justify carrying a firearm for protection.

We are all afraid because we're human. But that doesn't mean we have to submit to it.
That's like saying I shouldn't keep a spare toolbox in my trunk. A gun is just a tool, it's really not that magical.

Old 02-22-2010, 02:55 PM

99 posts, read 317,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geonerd View Post
If it isn't fear that makes you want to carry a weapon everywhere you go then what is it? Isn't your stated purpose to fend off would-be attackers? That is fear of being attacked.

Some fear is good. If you go to Afghanistan, I hope you're going to be very well armed. If, however, you're going to the Loaf-n-Jug on a Sunday afternoon in Conrad, MT, the amount of fear a reasonable person would have in that situation does not justify carrying a firearm for protection.

We are all afraid because we're human. But that doesn't mean we have to submit to it.
I wear clean underwear every day. Not because I'm espessially fastideous but maybe I get stuck in an amulance and my mom would be mortified to hear I had skid marks. I don't plan on needing an ambulance but want those clean skivvies just in case. Ditto my side arm. I can't plan an emergency situation. If the lead starts to fly and all I can do is cower behind the piano, I'll need a backup pair of shorts even if I survive.

What's your specific objection to others going healed? Fear that they may interfere with your crime spree?

Old 06-18-2010, 07:01 AM

37 posts, read 62,450 times
Well, I have a Jeep which is good since the weather up there gets snowy & I have anti-Obama bumper stickers, U.S. Army bumper stickers & I love politics but I don't usually bring it up until I know the politics of another person & if I know I can talk to them.

Old 06-18-2010, 09:35 AM

8,094 posts, read 15,184,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepVeteran View Post
Well, I have a Jeep which is good since the weather up there gets snowy & I have anti-Obama bumper stickers, U.S. Army bumper stickers & I love politics but I don't usually bring it up until I know the politics of another person & if I know I can talk to them.
I think y'all found some folks you can talk to

Old 06-18-2010, 04:52 PM

With the plan I've got brewing up in my head for my future move, I want to know as much as possible about where I'm going to & making friends or at the least associating myself with some local folks is helpful. Once I'm there I will have no "idea" where to go to so to speak.

Old 06-18-2010, 08:55 PM

8,094 posts, read 15,184,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepVeteran View Post
Once I'm there I will have no "idea" where to go to so to speak.
Well, that's what your mouth is for, ya opens it and asks You'll soon have plenty of instructions on where to go

So what kind of jeep do you drive? To me it's forever going to mean a WW2 type jeep, not the newfangled SUV-like contraption.

Old 06-18-2010, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Well, that's what your mouth is for, ya opens it and asks You'll soon have plenty of instructions on where to go

So what kind of jeep do you drive? To me it's forever going to mean a WW2 type jeep, not the newfangled SUV-like contraption.
It's a 2000 WJ Grand Cherokee 4x4 with 2wd too. Nothing fancy but it's gotten me through some tough times weather wise & it's big enough to live in if need be. I have a picture of it on my profile if you want to take a look at it. Thanks too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana