Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 10:05 AM

8,090 posts, read 15,176,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzycabbie View Post
Very true Reziac, so close to florida it kinda hurts a bit, lived in lots of places for short periods of time, this used to be home, still is for a lil while longer, but as the liberals take over. The home part kinda dissapears....With all the new regulations and taxes, I'm hoping to still be able to grow the business enough that it will support me after we make the move to Montana.
Yeah, I hear ya there... so are you actually a cabbie?

I have no idea what that market is like, but I imagine where there's a significant retirement or veterans community would be the place to be in business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2010, 10:14 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,592,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezetron View Post
Funny, there are people that would rather be shot dead then live in a state like Montana, for one reason or another.
Starting to sound like you are one of them.

No guards on the boarder, no one is forced to live here if they don't want to, but those that do have the option of finding a place that just may be heaven to them.

I had to spend some time in New Orleans a few years ago, I was also stationed in San Diego, Monterrey, and had to do business in LA and San Fancisco.
For some reason, Dante's Inferno seemed more understandable after that experience.

Lots of amenities available, but the crowds, the noise, the heat, the people walking around in bubbles and refusing to interact with each other in any way besides fighting,yelling obsceneties or simply ignoring each other, the horrendous taxes levied against people, the restrictions on constitutional rights such as free speach, the draconian laws against owning firearms, the attacks against people who leagally recreate by hunting.

Really made me appreciate Montana.

Weather can be harsh in Montana, but I can live with that. Much better than some of the alternatives.

Old 12-10-2010, 12:31 PM

19,818 posts, read 22,716,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
Weather can be harsh in Montana, but I can live with that. Much better than some of the alternatives.
Yeah, but it's a dry harsh.

Old 12-10-2010, 01:09 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,089,307 times
I smile.

Old 12-10-2010, 01:29 PM

84 posts, read 169,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
Starting to sound like you are one of them.

I live in Montana you dimwit. Missoula with all the liberal hippies to be precise.

Old 12-10-2010, 02:06 PM

54 posts, read 121,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Yeah, I hear ya there... so are you actually a cabbie?

I have no idea what that market is like, but I imagine where there's a significant retirement or veterans community would be the place to be in business.

Yeah, I'm actually a cabbie, well more of glorified cabbie, I get the headaches of paying the bills, keeping the vehicles running, listening to complaining customers. Business isnt what it used to be, seems like the harder times get the more people think this is an easy business....

Brunswick has about 80k population, we have 14 taxi companies, cuts the pie rater thin, then you always have one that wants to undercut everybody's prices...no big deal it always catches up to em in the long run.

Old 12-10-2010, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Funny, there are people that would rather be shot dead then live in a state like Montana, for one reason or another.

Guess i'm not one of those people.

Old 12-10-2010, 03:08 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,592,381 times
Quote:
I live in Montana you dimwit. Missoula with all the liberal hippies to be precise.
Insults and steriotypical Missoula behavior aside, I already knew that from the zip code on your profile.

So, now that we have established you are actually living in the one place in Montana that most of the rest of the state avoids, do you have something to contribute or just more ranting against the state or perhaps some more low level insults??

Old 12-10-2010, 06:13 PM

1,219 posts, read 3,171,794 times
Quote:
Too bad for you... Hope you don't catch a case of Cranial Recatalitus... That disease seems to be rampant round those parts..

Old 12-10-2010, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf232 View Post
Too bad for you... Hope you don't catch a case of Cranial Recatalitus... That disease seems to be rampant round those parts..

seems like it can spread pretty fast too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana