Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2009, 03:39 PM
GLS

1,985 posts, read 5,382,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Yeah, I've got relatives in Grass Valley and Auburn and Pleasanton -- it's changed there so much since the disease of urban blight began devastating cropland that it's unrecognizable. In 1971 most of the area was still quiet farmland. By 1981 it was solid blight from Auburn to Sacto and Sacto to Fresno. I was through there again in 1999 and 2007, and the blight continues to spread. But in 1999 the remaining farms still looked healthy. In 2007, what farmland wasn't yet paved over mostly lay fallow and dead. The number of failed and dying farms was shocking. Farms that looked productive were relatively few. At least a couple stockyards along the freeway sat empty.

Hey folks, when the farmers are all gone, what do you plan to eat? We've exported all our industry already; what's left to buy foreign food with, even if it's fit to eat? (Which some has proven not.) I guess we could sell a couple of those states we're not using. What would California be worth to China??
I live in wine country outside Placerville. We can't grow much to eat anymore, but after visiting 15 to 20 wineries, we don't care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 09:07 AM

1,219 posts, read 3,171,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS View Post
I live in wine country outside Placerville. We can't grow much to eat anymore, but after visiting 15 to 20 wineries, we don't care.
Ha.. Until the next morning when you need that greasy hangover breakfast!

Old 05-13-2009, 09:41 AM

448 posts, read 1,071,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS View Post
Placerville used to be just a quiet sleepy little town and now wineries? Geese. That's great, at least that and apples we can survive
I agree totally with Reziac "Hey folks, when the farmers are all gone, what do you plan to eat? We've exported all our industry already; what's left to buy foreign food with, even if it's fit to eat? (Which some has proven not.) I guess we could sell a couple of those states we're not using. What would California be worth to China??"
WAKE UP AMERICA !!!!!!

Old 05-14-2009, 08:34 PM

305 posts, read 870,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janab View Post
Still So Cal carries a lot more weight with money and population whens it comes to voting. N Cal tried parting ways but all the votes are south.
Growing up in Southern Oregon I used to hear a lot of talk about the State of Jefferson.

Jefferson - The 51st State - Northern California / Southern Oregon - A State of Mind

Old 05-20-2009, 10:29 AM

11 posts, read 24,058 times
Hello, I am a professional fire fighter, 29 yrs. now, and my wife works for one of those oil related co..I will be retiring in about 4 yrs. NO not about, but in 4 yrs. We want to move to Montana. I think I found some land, acres, just south of Roundup. I now it seems that everyone is moving to Montana but if God hadn't made this his country you wouldn't have a problem with people moving there. We live very close and work in a very large city. No names but I'll give you a hint. Fourth largest city in the USA,in the southwest and I admit, I hate it here but need to wait to retire to move. But I want to go ahead a buy some land to build on later. You might say "They won't survive it here." Well, my wife is from a upper east coast state, colder and worse winters there than there. I use to live in Northern Calif in a mountainous region, cold winters are no problem. We prefer that neighbors are far apart, like 1/2 mile or more. Don't get me wrong, we are very friendly and polite people but where we are now, even though they say southern people are nice, it must have been a southern person who said that, It, please excuse me but,it SUCKS here. Two many people, who are mostly self-centered SOB'S. I use to help anyone and everyone I could but now its too dangerous. My wife and I need to be around real people. Believe or not ,I was born here where we live now and I still need to evacuate this hellhole. Please help use to acclimate to your life still of slow, loving and friendliness. We just want to be around real human beings once again. Maybe you'll see us soon but won't recognize use because we have transformed into people like you, real,friendly,humanized,and down to earth NEIGHBORS. Be safe...............Steve

Old 05-20-2009, 02:43 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,283,554 times
Some of you Montanans are living in the past. The USA has changed. Our leaders are pushing GLOBALISM on all of us and your business leaders have sold everybody out! It's just a matter of time before the northwest is consumed by globalism and all of its problems (immigration, crime, higher taxes, inflation, unemployment, overcrowding, you name it). You can arm yourselves all you want and yell, scream, and kick until your vanes bust but this is just the tip of the iceberg! Get used to it

Old 05-20-2009, 03:20 PM

8,092 posts, read 15,177,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve104c View Post
Hello, I am a professional fire fighter, 29 yrs. now, and my wife works for one of those oil related co..I will be retiring in about 4 yrs. NO not about, but in 4 yrs. We want to move to Montana.
And I'm sure you could apply your professional skills to a local volunteer fire department once you arrive!!

Old 05-25-2009, 06:57 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,091,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
Some of you Montanans are living in the past. The USA has changed. Our leaders are pushing GLOBALISM on all of us and your business leaders have sold everybody out! It's just a matter of time before the northwest is consumed by globalism and all of its problems (immigration, crime, higher taxes, inflation, unemployment, overcrowding, you name it). You can arm yourselves all you want and yell, scream, and kick until your vanes bust but this is just the tip of the iceberg! Get used to it
You've never been there, have you?

And the country will keep going to seed if you let it.

Old 05-25-2009, 07:13 PM

15 posts, read 10,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post

The poster made a good point, Obamanation ( and before him Bush, and before...1913 Federal Reserve, CFR, Bilderburg, United Nations, north American Union) is pushing globalism and Montana has yet to become a sovereign nation and install boarder guards. Alaska slowly became domesticated and turned into a police state. Vote for Constitutionalists like Bob Barr, Chuck Baldwin, Ron Paul, Stan Jones... let's restore the Constitution!

I can see almost every off grid location in the state, even my own - the fence line, building, shacks, and all. Check out Google Earth.

Old 05-29-2009, 10:53 AM

8,092 posts, read 15,177,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post

"Get used to it" is one of the most deadly phrases. Eventually you'll arrive at "It's the new Soviet Union, western style. Get used to it."

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.
-- Dylan Thomas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana