Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 05:48 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,469,463 times

Advertisements

Well what about what jimj said about all violations being misdemeanors punishable by jail?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2008, 05:36 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
Well what about what jimj said about all violations being misdemeanors punishable by jail?
You really want an interesting one.... In our city you go before the city court which is run by an appointed "judge" who is really not a judge at all except in title. She's never been an attorney, never been to any type of law school and has no experience except that she is real friendly with the person who appoints this position and it's my understanding has been arrested for DUI and "other" offenses.
Now you might say "well get rid of this person"! Well, that'd be great except if you lead that charge and happen to lose you better be able to get out of town or never drive again.....
I hear the theme from deliverance playing, need to go shut if off.

Old 03-05-2008, 07:49 AM

Y'know something like this could be a dealbreaker with me & MT

Old 03-05-2008, 07:57 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,041,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
Y'know something like this could be a dealbreaker with me & MT
Don't let it sway you one way or the other. It's not as bad as it is made to believe.

Old 03-05-2008, 09:08 AM

That sounds a little stiff,going before a non-sanctioned judge for a speeding ticket that's considered a misdemeanor with the option of jail? Sounds kinda corrupt to me...
I guess most states have their 'strange laws',it's just that living in PA where there doesn't seem to be much law at all to traveling in NJ alot where there's ALOT of laws but nothing really strange kinda weirds me out when I hear about things like that.

Old 03-06-2008, 08:51 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Stuck, it is a "little" corrupt but all the time I've lived here I've had one ticket and that was by the MHP for no seatbelt and my wife got one for 38 in a 25 which she deserved. You also need to know that the police are few and far between for the most part (we have 2-3 on duty at any one time) and I haven't seen a MHP car in a while. Sheriffs are more common but don't usually do traffic unless you're really doing something stupid. Most times when I'm caught speeding it's on the highway and the cop either waves his hand for me to slow down, flashes his headlights or does a quick turn on of the lightbar. If you actually are paying attention and acknowledge him and slow down they will mostly leave you alone.
That being said where you do need to be careful is in the small towns because tickets are a revenue generator.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana