Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 03:02 PM

236 posts, read 387,016 times

Advertisements

Hello,

For last two years I've been trying to find ways for immigrating to Canada. We tried Quebec Skilled Worker program. But no success yet... We live in Azerbaijan. Can anyone help? Share thoughts maybe?
Would muchh appreciate...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2012, 03:06 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,280,097 times
Can only point to this official government site and hope you find some way to achieve your objective
Welcome to Citizenship and Immigration Canada
You could search Google for other forums specific to Canadian immigration and ask there..
Or contact some aspect of the Azerbaijani community in Canada to see if you can get some help or better yet sponsorship.https://www.google.ca/#hl=en&safe=of...iw=853&bih=510

Old 10-25-2012, 03:27 PM

Hello jambo101,
Thanx a lot for prompt response. I'm trying all options.
Reading the forums you've just suggested. We have savings, we have apartment, we have a car and jobs.
I work in transnational oil & gas company, my wife is a senior bank employee. Let' see what do we eventually find for ourselves...

Old 10-25-2012, 03:45 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,280,097 times
I can only suggest legal avenues of immigration and wish you best of luck..

You'll need one of these=

And one of the new Canadian citizenship cards

Old 10-25-2012, 04:20 PM

Wow! Thank you for your kind wishes and advise.

By the ay - my daughter's name is Yasmin... just a coinsidence...

Old 10-25-2012, 05:14 PM

Can someone help to find a job in Canada?
I'm an experienced Learning/Training professional, working in oil sector.

Old 10-25-2012, 10:40 PM

4,865 posts, read 10,522,039 times
Are you dead set on Montreal? I love it, it's my hometown and one of the best places in Canada, but it has really almost no jobs in that industry. Most of the oil and gas jobs in Canada are in Alberta, and they definitely need qualified immigrants and might be willing to hire you. Newfoundland and Saskatchewan also have growing oil industries. Perhaps you could get jobs in these places, build up funds and time in Canada, and eventually find jobs in Montreal, which will be easier once you have permanent residency in Canada.

Old 10-27-2012, 04:27 PM

Hello BIMBAM,

Thank you forthe advice. I'll look into opportunities in those provinces. Can you share some useful websites?

Old 10-27-2012, 05:18 PM

1,264 posts, read 3,860,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Negresco View Post
I'll look into opportunities in those provinces. Can you share some useful websites?
Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program | Alberta Canada - Alberta, Canada

Alberta Gateway Employment Services Inc. :: Home

p.s.:
as BB said, there are opportunities in other provinces, Saskatchewan etc.

Old 10-29-2012, 07:21 AM

194 posts, read 422,957 times
Forget about immigrating to Quebec. It used to be relatively easy and straightforward to apply for the Quebec provincial program but not anymore. Try applying trough Alberta, Saskatchewan or Manitoba provinicial immigration programs.These are the provinces that have faster immigration programs and are actively looking to attract skilled immigrants. Quebec bureaucrats are busy with their language laws and the way they treat the new arrivals went from bad to worse in the recent years.

I came to Quebec through the provincial immigration program a while ago when everything was more relaxed and they were really pushing hard to attract immigrants. I stayed here because in my line of work Montreal still has most of the jobs in Canada. If I would have to go through the process now I would choose one of the central provinces just for the ease of process. Once in Canada after you get all the resident documents you can move wherever you want.

Saskatchewan Immigration - Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program
Immigration Home | Immigrate to Manitoba, Canada
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal