Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2009, 07:34 PM

74 posts, read 231,412 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I will be visiting Montreal with my wife late september. Never been to this city in Canada, I am from the USA. Could anyone give basic pointers of what to do, expect, sight seeing..? Are there any zoo's or wildlife photography opportunities up there? Seems as if I may need a wide angle lens for some good city shots, seeing from pictures it looks like a pretty dense place. Thanks!

What will the temperatures be like around that time of the year?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 08:29 PM

323 posts, read 1,393,170 times
I would rent a bike and get helmets and go on the bike paths. You can get a biking map probably at some tourist place. Old Montreal is worth walking around in. China town is very close by if you are
into that sort of thing. Downtown is close to that too. If you bike along the St. Lawrence in Lasalle or
Verdun you will see how beautiful it is. There is a bird sanctuary in Lasalle. Not a lot of wild life but
you may see a crane or two. I saw an Otter once. Some ducks. Geese in season.

It's hot in late September but the weather has been cooler and very rainy up until three weeks ago.
Strange weather. I like the old architecture in Montreal. I would take shots of that for sure.
Attached Thumbnails
Visiting Montreal-100_1453.jpg   Visiting Montreal-100_1454.jpg   Visiting Montreal-100_0224.jpg  

Old 09-01-2009, 02:24 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,693,872 times
I have family in Montreal ( I am from Boston ) and I've been to the city several times. I looooooved it.

Take a coat with you! It might be cold, after all it's Canada!

Old 09-02-2009, 06:49 AM

1 posts, read 2,774 times
Default Re:Visiting Montreal

Regards to all, One of the most famous cities in Canada is Montreal and I was there too a few days back. The experience was just great there and the accommodations facility provided was a feather on the hat.

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 09-02-2009 at 07:25 PM.. Reason: advertising is not permitted

Old 09-03-2009, 10:34 AM

1,595 posts, read 2,997,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saywhuut View Post
Hello,

I will be visiting Montreal with my wife late september. Never been to this city in Canada, I am from the USA. Could anyone give basic pointers of what to do, expect, sight seeing..? Are there any zoo's or wildlife photography opportunities up there? Seems as if I may need a wide angle lens for some good city shots, seeing from pictures it looks like a pretty dense place. Thanks!

What will the temperatures be like around that time of the year?
Ahh, my new favorite city. We live in Michigan and have visited Montreal and Quebec City the last two summers and love them both. So much to see and do. The Old Port/Old Montreal is a must. Mount Royal Park is a large, lovely park that sits in the middle of town and has some great views of the city and the river. Olympic park area is nice. There is the Biosphere that is interesting and a botanical garden (we haven't been there yet but want to).
Fairly easy city to get around just remember right turns on red are illegal. Language shouldn't be a problem. Most people know English even if it is not there first language. But it helps and is considerate if you attempt some French if you know any. In the least say "Bonjour" instead of "Hello" when you are greeting someone at a hotel, restaurant, shop, etc.
Great city for people watching. Plenty of attractive women. As a married man I had to look without looking like I was looking!
As far as weather, we were there in late July/early August. It was in the 70s maybe even low 80s, 60s at night. Obviosly it will be cooler when you are going but still should be pleasant and the autumn colors will be nice. Montreal gets a fair amount of rain (at least in the summer) so always have an umbrella or raincoat handy.
Hope this helps a bit. Here are some websites that might be useful as well;
Traveller | Tourism Montreal
Montreal Tourism Information
Bonjour Québec.com: Tourist information and reservations to help you plan your trip to Québec
Bonne chance!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal