Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2017, 12:21 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,042,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUmatt View Post
One less manufacturing plant (Mylan owned) the Morgantown Mylan plant has to compete with.

Mylan confirms plan to close Meda Soma plant in Illinois
The article infers that Meda Soma had workers in Morgantown. I was not aware of that. I'm wondering if they actually meant workload was shifted to those locations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2017, 10:30 PM

255 posts, read 391,366 times
Has anyone heard anything new about the second Aldi's that was supposed to be built across from Golden Corral. One of the articles announcing it in the DP had listed an opening date in Spring 2017. Has the deal fallen through or has it just been delayed?

Old 04-13-2017, 05:43 AM

193 posts, read 281,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowWin View Post
Has anyone heard anything new about the second Aldi's that was supposed to be built across from Golden Corral. One of the articles announcing it in the DP had listed an opening date in Spring 2017. Has the deal fallen through or has it just been delayed?
I read something about it being scrapped. Apparently someone had the brilliant idea of turning prime commercial real estate into a WVU transit parking lot. WTF?

As for Aldi's, I don't think a second one is planned. With a super Kroger's going in at Westview I doubt Aldi's would go in there.

Old 04-13-2017, 06:25 AM

1,854 posts, read 2,227,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchunk View Post
I read something about it being scrapped. Apparently someone had the brilliant idea of turning prime commercial real estate into a WVU transit parking lot. WTF?

As for Aldi's, I don't think a second one is planned. With a super Kroger's going in at Westview I doubt Aldi's would go in there.
They probably did catch wind of the super Kroger and the quiet rumblings of giant eagle maybe expanding.

Supposedly WVU medicine is only temporarily renting that land for parking. Who knows how long "temporarily" is though.

Old 05-01-2017, 03:19 PM

891 posts, read 1,053,573 times
The old Grainger on the Mileground and Airport Rd. is fixin to be a NAPA Auto Parts, theyve got it painted and some signage up.........Which is weird to me cause I thought that building was going to be eventually torn down to make room for the extra lanes and supposedly a roundabout at that intersection. But I had also heard in the past that a Sheetz was eyeing that spot, guess not!

Old 05-02-2017, 07:44 AM

193 posts, read 281,864 times
Yes I saw that yesterday. Looks to be open or very close. I too thought that would be demolished for a proposed roundabout. Also, the Napa that used to be on Don's Knott's Blvd has moved and is now open on the Green bag Road in the old Carpet store building below Center Service.

Old 05-02-2017, 08:14 AM

1,854 posts, read 2,227,866 times
Unfortunately the roundabout got nixed because some weenies complained about another round about in the area. So instead of getting four lanes with a barrier in the middle and a roundabout, we now are going to get a traffic light with 5 lanes, 4 travel lanes and one turning lane.

Old 05-02-2017, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUmatt View Post
Unfortunately the roundabout got nixed because some weenies complained about another round about in the area. So instead of getting four lanes with a barrier in the middle and a roundabout, we now are going to get a traffic light with 5 lanes, 4 travel lanes and one turning lane.
Too bad, really. I like the roundabouts ... every efficient, and if it weren't for the rest of the road being inadequate and causing backups, traffic would smoothly flow through there. I've seen them used in the Northeast, and once people get used to using them they are definitely far better than conventional intersections.

It is interesting that for some strange reason, we have an auto parts store building frenzy around here. Could it be due to the increased number of repairs our cars need as a result of the disgustingly inadequate, 3rd. world quality state roads?

Old 05-02-2017, 11:05 PM

286 posts, read 348,551 times
Anything new on the VFW Site?

Old 05-03-2017, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wvu2016 View Post
Anything new on the VFW Site?
The detractors are at it again. I was told by a ranking local politico that the opponents found somebody connected with the state who managed to get a delay on granting the access permit to the state highway from there. That is the only thing needed to get the project rolling. As anybody who has watched our state government operate for any length of time will tell you ... money talks there. Whoever comes through with the largest birthday present will win the day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown