Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2020, 11:06 AM

456 posts, read 603,651 times

Advertisements

Finally!!!! I had contacted the city early last year and it was supposed to be done then. Has any work been started on Bass Pro Shops it was supposed to have been started now in westridge. I don't look for much else to happen in westridge till mid next year. I contacted the developer twice this year and they said announcements were coming soon both times and still nothing. Drury Inn which has been announced I doubt builds anywhere till next year. I'm anxious to see what the supposed factory is that is coming but like all the other things in the development I wouldn't hold my breath on announcements.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2020, 01:45 PM

1,854 posts, read 2,230,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D T WV MOUNTAINS View Post
Finally!!!! I had contacted the city early last year and it was supposed to be done then. Has any work been started on Bass Pro Shops it was supposed to have been started now in westridge. I don't look for much else to happen in westridge till mid next year. I contacted the developer twice this year and they said announcements were coming soon both times and still nothing. Drury Inn which has been announced I doubt builds anywhere till next year. I'm anxious to see what the supposed factory is that is coming but like all the other things in the development I wouldn't hold my breath on announcements.
If we don’t see something start by end of October/beginning of November, we probably won’t see it until March/April. But nothing with bass pro yet. The other day they were drilling and putting a bunch of concrete in the ground to the left of Menards where a bunch of other box stores are supposed to be (you can see it easily from chick-fil-a and behind rural king). They have also been moving a bunch of dirt in front of Menards right on the hill near the highway where more retail is supposed to be and they recently cut down a bunch of trees on the hill. Also, the mysterious gas station has been putting in their tanks recently it seemed.

Old 09-22-2020, 05:30 PM

219 posts, read 248,332 times
Nothing mysterious about that gas station. It's a Defazio Exxon/Dunkin similar to the one off of the saltwell exit on 79.

Old 09-22-2020, 06:21 PM

1,854 posts, read 2,230,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djaerial View Post
Nothing mysterious about that gas station. It's a Defazio Exxon/Dunkin similar to the one off of the saltwell exit on 79.
And there it is lol. By mysterious I meant there has been zero signs put up and they deleted Exxon off the page (only Dunkin remains), so it was just weird to me. Wasn’t sure if it was going to end up a par mar store or what. Great to see it’ll be owned by a local family/company.

Old 09-30-2020, 11:35 AM

3,187 posts, read 1,510,539 times
Just read this Sept 2020 article about WestRidge being sued for non payments to contractors. Nothing in the paper about this yet that I have seen. Any other info about this? This looks serious. Several liens have been filed.

(excerpts)

Since June 3, 2020, the two unpaid work claims have been filed against the project’s general contractor in WestRidge Commons Development, LLC, an affiliate of the property. A mechanics lien is used to force payment to unpaid contractors by preventing the property’s refinancing or sale until the claim has been settled.

(skip)

2 Contractors Owed $907.8K at WestRidge Project
The two contractors are allegedly owed a total of $907,861.98 for work taking place at the WestRidge business and retail center, located at 100 Swiss Pine Way, Morgantown, WV.

According to the lien affidavits, the largest lien was filed by subcontractor Marks-Landau Construction, LLC on August 27, 2020, against WestRidge Commons Development, LLC.

The subcontractor claims they are still owed $842,559.14, which accounts for 93% of the total funds withheld from the two combined lien claims. Marks-Landau Construction last serviced the job site on June 3, 2020 – two days prior to Gov. Jim Justice’s appearance at the WestRidge development – subcontractor Graybar Electric Company filed their lien claim against the property. According to the lien affidavit, the subcontractor is still owed $65,302.84 from WestRidge Commons Development, LLC.

Graybar Electric Company’s lien affidavit also states that the subcontractor has been owed payment since December of 2019 from the general contractor.

https://www.levelset.com/blog/westri...rly-1-million/

Old 10-21-2020, 06:50 AM

36 posts, read 51,453 times
Seen that Menards is hiring finally so hopefully they are opening in the near future. I haven't seen anything being done to the Bass Pro in a while, it concerns me. Has anyone heard anything?

Old 10-21-2020, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbohon View Post
Seen that Menards is hiring finally so hopefully they are opening in the near future. I haven't seen anything being done to the Bass Pro in a while, it concerns me. Has anyone heard anything?
I saw some discussion on Facebook about the lower lot for bass pro shops did not have the appropriate connection to the sewer system. Not sure if it's true and how that could've ever fallen through the cracks. Probably just another useless rumor.

Old 11-05-2020, 06:01 AM

Any word on when Menards is opening? By the looks of it pretty soon.

Old 11-05-2020, 11:25 AM

14 posts, read 12,989 times
I’ve given up hope on west ridge. Bass pro shops will probably be the best thing we get out of it, if we even get it at all.

Old 11-06-2020, 06:25 AM

1,384 posts, read 2,513,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowBird View Post
I’ve given up hope on west ridge. Bass pro shops will probably be the best thing we get out of it, if we even get it at all.
I have a feeling the pandemic is going to stunt commercial growth for a while. I think for West Ridge, it will be "right place, wrong time".

I will say that if that ends up being the case, I certainly won't blame the developers. Who would have known this time last year, let alone years ago when they started digging, all of this would happen. Things were looking great in 2019.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown