Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 06:13 PM

811 posts, read 1,386,203 times

Advertisements

I had always worn HJC, which is really a fine helmet. Then I tried an Arai, and that's all I'll wear now. Not only is it comfortable for me, bur the much lighter weight is very noticeable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2015, 04:16 PM

8,302 posts, read 13,437,323 times
I have tried half a dozen other brands from different price ranges but the one that I like and wear the most is HJC. As far as one piece helmet style goes, HJC's size Large fits me the best.

If I could offer just one advice on helmet, it'd be (whether solid color or design):
Use a light and bright colored helmet!

This is my current fav:

Old 07-12-2015, 12:56 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,013,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyslo View Post
Definitely a fan of full-face, non-modular. The more safety, the better.

As for brand, finding helmets that fit my XXXL noggin' and are still SNELL or ECE-rated (another must for me) is tough. I used to wear a lot of HJCs, but the fit was so-so, they were loud, and they were heavy. But they were cheap, so I'd pick one up any time I found a design I thought was cool. My newest helmet is a NEXX, a smaller brand I came across at the Long Beach Motorcycle Show a few years ago. I'm mostly happy with it since it's better than the HJC in fit, weight, and comfort, but it seems to be falling apart a bit quicker than I'd like and the customer service is a bit lacking. Still, given my selection options, I'd probably go with them again.

Somewhat-related, but one thing I'll never go without again is Pinlock. The NEXX helmets have this option and it's such a GREAT feature.

Mike
Omg i went for a drive from the NH seacoast to the White Mountains in my XXXL (HJC sizing snug) and my neck was killing me.. I wanted to throw them out, bad enough my back and balls were hurting. lOL.

My non full face helmet are super comfy Biltwells. Drove to dealer but they did not have XL in stock in full face. argh.

Old 07-12-2015, 09:38 AM

3,463 posts, read 5,657,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
Omg i went for a drive from the NH seacoast to the White Mountains in my XXXL (HJC sizing snug) and my neck was killing me.. I wanted to throw them out, bad enough my back and balls were hurting. lOL.

My non full face helmet are super comfy Biltwells. Drove to dealer but they did not have XL in stock in full face. argh.

lolz-- what kind of bike?

Old 07-12-2015, 09:46 AM

3,463 posts, read 5,657,461 times
Here is my ICON. I got it because a friend of mine who passed used to love to play Street Fighter for hours and hours. Its called "Kung-Fu fighting B****" (really) and only 100 were made. It came with a certificate too, lol, an ICON collectable? ha ha
Attached Thumbnails
Helmets?-photo-29.jpg  

Old 07-13-2015, 02:17 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,346,772 times
Default Helmets?

How about the inside sun shade, I like them myself how about anyone else? My last helmet was a HJC with the flip down sunshade, it sold me on them.

Old 07-13-2015, 11:15 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,836,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
How about the inside sun shade, I like them myself how about anyone else? My last helmet was a HJC with the flip down sunshade, it sold me on them.
+1

I have the HJC IS-Max2 Style (IS-MAX 2 Style) with this feature. I love it. I have two Arai helmets and this HJC...and I find myself wearing this one any time I don't ride 2-up (with headset communicators). Great helmet.

Old 07-14-2015, 02:06 PM

1,296 posts, read 1,120,183 times
Shoei Hornet, Shoei Multi-Tec and Shoei RF-1100. The hornet for dual sporting, the Multi for around town, errands and short trips (under 200 mi), the RF for day rides and long haul rides, the most comfortable lid I've owned. The Hornet is comfy but noisy and the Multi, as versatile as it is, starts to feel heavy at about 300 miles so it gets to stay home when I don't know how long I'll be gone.

Old 07-20-2015, 03:15 PM

1,767 posts, read 1,741,766 times
Kbc

Old 09-09-2015, 07:59 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,244,991 times
which ever helmet you look at, you should remove the lining at the store and put it on to feel for hotspots. By removing the lining you quickly feel where the helmet is shaped wrong for your head. This avoids purchasing it and wearing it for an hour before discovering that you get a terrible headache somewhere because the liner has finally compressed and now you can't think straight because of the burning pain in your head.

I must have gotten dropped on my head as a child and have not been able to find a well fitting helmet. My favorite helmet was the ismax but it gave me a headache on top of my head so I sold it after wearing it 3 times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles