Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 04:09 PM

21,882 posts, read 25,146,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarborRat View Post
No you won't tough guy. Waaawaaawaaa.
Pretty much. For every 10,000 keyboard warriors there's only 1 person that will actually attempt to use their car to block you. I've experienced it only a few times in years or riding, most of it splitting as I'm in CA... although I'll also do it in OR/WA when the traffic is stopped on the freeway whereas in CA it's more like whenever it slows down, most stop lights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2015, 06:55 PM

1,646 posts, read 3,026,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Pretty much. For every 10,000 keyboard warriors there's only 1 person that will actually attempt to use their car to block you.,,,,,,
Exactly, and that 1 person usually ends up very, very sorry for being so stupid. If "brownbagg" did that to me or one of my friends he would have to change his name to "bodybagg".

Old 08-09-2015, 09:59 PM

281 posts, read 368,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarborRat View Post
Exactly, and that 1 person usually ends up very, very sorry for being so stupid. If "brownbagg" did that to me or one of my friends he would have to change his name to "bodybagg".
I dunno, now it sounds like there are two internet tough guys...

Old 08-09-2015, 10:56 PM

1,646 posts, read 3,026,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloppyRunner View Post
I dunno, now it sounds like there are two internet tough guys...
Just telling the truth pal. I doubt bodybagg would last 10 minutes in a biker bar, let alone have the balls to actually try and harm a biker or his ride by "kicking his door open" in front of an oncoming rider. All talk. He would have serious problems if he tried it on the wrong person like me (the least of which is a folded backwards door). Do you disagree? Do you think I am bluffing when I say I would teach him a lesson, if I was still alive that is? If so, you are not that smart. No internet tough guy here. My post was a warning to brownbutt, don't write checks your ass can't cash.

Old 08-10-2015, 12:36 PM

Ahhhh yes, surviving 10 minutes in a "biker bar", the ultimate test of masculinity and toughness. Hang out with a bunch of fat balding dudes dressed as pirates drinking beer before riding home and hopefully not crashing on the way.

Is it about riding, or is it about stroking your "tough guy" ego?

Your internet message board "warning" holds as much weight as his: none.

Old 08-10-2015, 04:02 PM

21,882 posts, read 25,146,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloppyRunner View Post
Ahhhh yes, surviving 10 minutes in a "biker bar", the ultimate test of masculinity and toughness. Hang out with a bunch of fat balding dudes dressed as pirates drinking beer before riding home and hopefully not crashing on the way.

Is it about riding, or is it about stroking your "tough guy" ego?

Your internet message board "warning" holds as much weight as his: none.
Depends on the bar. There's a couple I frequent where I've definitely kept my head down as they're where the Vagos hang out. I mean, generally they're not that bad and the bar had a mix of dentists/lawyers on Harleys, Vagos, hipster cafe riders, and non riders mostly blue collar types outside the bikers. As long as you ride or just keep your mouth shut you're tolerated. If you came in there talking big about how you'd open the door on someone because you think your special, I wouldn't expect you to last much more than ten minutes there depending on what the crowd was like that particular night. Yeah, the dentists and most of the cafe hipsters and the old BMW guys wouldn't rearrange your face, but I wouldn't bet on the Vagos not doing it.

Old 08-10-2015, 05:53 PM

3,463 posts, read 5,660,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Depends on the bar. There's a couple I frequent where I've definitely kept my head down as they're where the Vagos hang out. I mean, generally they're not that bad and the bar had a mix of dentists/lawyers on Harleys, Vagos, hipster cafe riders, and non riders mostly blue collar types outside the bikers. As long as you ride or just keep your mouth shut you're tolerated. If you came in there talking big about how you'd open the door on someone because you think your special, I wouldn't expect you to last much more than ten minutes there depending on what the crowd was like that particular night. Yeah, the dentists and most of the cafe hipsters and the old BMW guys wouldn't rearrange your face, but I wouldn't bet on the Vagos not doing it.
I agree. People who laugh at bikers have never seen real ones. I came from Pagan / Warlock battleground in the North East. I remember when the Angels were coming in the the Philly area. It was scary, scary stuff . . . National Guard at any bike night or show. State Police everywhere. If you read about the Pagans and their mansion, they are very very bad people. Definitely to be feared. They were a strong presence at bike events, and most people always stayed far away, gave them wide berth. I guarantee cars would split like the red sea to let a bunch of them through.

Old 08-10-2015, 06:06 PM

Let me be clear. I'd never open my door on anyone; as a rider, if I were in my car I'd go out of my way to get OUT of the way so a rider could lane split.

I just let the skeptical prick part of my personality get the best of me.

But nobody wants to read to dudes bickering about something off topic...so...carry on.

Old 08-10-2015, 06:15 PM

3,463 posts, read 5,660,766 times
Ive passed people on the shoulder before, if they were going horrifically slow. Sometimes I would go into the right turn lane to get around pokey's, but go straight when the light turned. People never too happy about it. It just sort of baffled me why they were content going 15-20 miles under the limit for 5 miles or so, then when I straight-on-right, they sped up to chase me.
Car people. Never too smart.

Old 08-10-2015, 09:32 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,695,888 times
The last people I mess around with are bikers. There is this one guy who I always would give space to lane split me then one day. I walk into their home bar and he was there. While everyone was staring me down he comes out from the crowd and greets me. He introduces me to them and now I'm a friendly face to them.

However that initial staredown from about 40 bikers made me nearly brown my pants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles