Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 09:50 AM

23,857 posts, read 71,374,746 times

Advertisements

I don´t eat food when I go to the movies,just some snacks or candy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2008, 06:54 PM

335 posts, read 1,535,504 times
Popcorn and Mike & Ike's Hot Tamales. Yum!

Old 03-01-2008, 06:56 PM

335 posts, read 1,535,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuharai View Post
I've always brought Taco Bell into the theatre. It really makes people's mouths water when I pull out Chalupas, Quesadillas, etc.
I sat next to a guy who brought in a hamburger once, and the smell filled up the place. I thought it was horribly rude and inappropriate to bring an entire meal into a theater. In the first place, it's not allowed.

Old 03-18-2010, 05:34 AM

113 posts, read 176,511 times
Popcorns and cold drink...

Old 03-18-2010, 06:54 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,651,820 times
I go to Harris Teeter and get a Coke and a bag of mini Oreos or something like that. I'm not paying those movie theater prices!

Old 03-18-2010, 09:19 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,699,573 times
Gummy bears or sourpatch kids

Old 03-18-2010, 01:41 PM

1,642 posts, read 4,100,767 times
My closest theatre is one of the full kitchen kinds with waitstaff, I like to get the fresh grilled hot dog with grilled onions and seasoned fries.

There's not much I like at the regular concession stands besides soda. I used to like to get nachos, but now they just give you a tiny bag of chips with a little sealed container of cheese, where's the fun in that? I could bring that myself under my jacket

As far as sneak-in food, I sometimes take beef jerky or hard candies.

Old 03-18-2010, 09:47 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,235,622 times
H2O. Its free and easily available. Prices for anything else are absurd. Hit the snack bar and you can easily spend as much as the ticket to get in cost. Darned if I will get suckered, spending 3 hours without stuffing your face is not exactly a hardship. Eat before or after the show.

Old 03-18-2010, 09:53 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,108,737 times
For the longest time my old stand-by snack at the movies was a medium popcorn and a small coke and a box of Milk Duds. And even though movie concession prices have always been exorbitant, I bit the bullet for the longest time and paid the price--often against the advice of my more frugal friends--because I just always felt that snacking on that stuff while watching a good flick was an important part of the movie-going experience.
But finally, around a year ago,he prices just got too high for me to justify anymore. Jesus! $12 for the snack I just mentioned above? Absurd. So, nowadays, I sneak stuff in. If it's winter and I am wearing a coat I can sneak in a can of Dr. Pepper or Coke, along with my Milk Duds or Red Vines, usually purchased at the Dollar Store. But since it's hard to sneak in popcorn I'll still spring for it at the concession stand.

Old 03-24-2010, 10:34 PM

2,271 posts, read 5,155,271 times
I usually get gummy bears...

I work summers at a movie theater and I want to offer some words of advice, even though I understand where you're coming from (it's still overpriced even after I get a discount). I can take a price complaint, outright laughter, heck, even a little snootiness when you tell me you want "fresh popcorn." I once had a lady who laughed and snorted for about 2 minutes when I told her a small popcorn was $6, though it didn't stop her from buying 2 bags with extra butter. Please don't be that person. Also, no stories about how you could get a whole meal for $2 when you were a kid, not only does it me off, it's just not possible in these times.

Most people can't resist a bag of popcorn. I usually eat some, but not much. Sometimes it really stinks to me, other times I can't smell it at all. That's how movie theaters make their money though. We pop gold. Oh, and thank the guys who buy stuff in the theater for keeping your ticket prices low.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies