Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2021, 09:17 AM

3,328 posts, read 2,284,919 times

Advertisements

The Sixth Sense (1999) on Prime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2021, 02:30 PM

29,532 posts, read 22,783,643 times
The Marksman with Liam Neeson.

Agree it's formulaic, but enjoyable nonetheless. To me, Liam has a remarkable streak going back to when he became a reliable leading man in motion pictures. Most of the roles he plays are all very similar, and he does them very well. Maybe that's why I like him so much.

And of course, the general go to bad guys these days are cartel members. These things, just like in real life, seems to go in cycles. Back in the early 90's it seemed like the bad guys were the Colombian drug cartel types. Then a few Middle Eastern terrorists, then Chinese, then Middle Eastern terrorists again, then Russians, and now back full circle but this time they are Mexican cartels.

Old 05-31-2021, 02:53 PM

13,585 posts, read 15,711,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
The Marksman with Liam Neeson.

Agree it's formulaic, but enjoyable nonetheless. To me, Liam has a remarkable streak going back to when he became a reliable leading man in motion pictures. Most of the roles he plays are all very similar, and he does them very well. Maybe that's why I like him so much.

And of course, the general go to bad guys these days are cartel members. These things, just like in real life, seems to go in cycles. Back in the early 90's it seemed like the bad guys were the Colombian drug cartel types. Then a few Middle Eastern terrorists, then Chinese, then Middle Eastern terrorists again, then Russians, and now back full circle but this time they are Mexican cartels.
I liked Cold Pursuit, also starring Neeson.

Old 05-31-2021, 05:32 PM

10,195 posts, read 1,042,128 times
Where Eagles Dare - 1968 - Richard Burton, Clint Eastwood (Eastwood was upset that Burton got top billing)

Old 05-31-2021, 06:00 PM

29,532 posts, read 22,783,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
I liked Cold Pursuit, also starring Neeson.
That'll be next as it's on Amazon movies (have to rent it though, doesn't come with Prime).

Old 05-31-2021, 06:38 PM

5,610 posts, read 6,546,352 times
I just watched "Mr. Church" starring Eddie Murphy yesterday at a friend's house. It was sappy, one that brought tears. I don't like sappy movies. Based on a true story. I wouldn't see it again.

Old 06-01-2021, 08:11 AM

177 posts, read 131,270 times
I watched a couple movies over the weekend.

The first was called Crazy 2 Crazy on Netflix. It was about a psychopath who gets involved with a psychopath family. It kept me entertained for sure. It was supposed to be a thriller, but I laughed a lot at some parts.

The second was called The Special. I think it was Amazon Prime. That one was completely ridiculous and I laughed a lot watching this too. I can't unwatch it, but it was extremely far-fetched to say the least.

Old 06-01-2021, 02:13 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,543,766 times
I watched Fear Eats the Soul,it is available on Youtube,German with English subtitle.
Fear eats the soul is an Arab saying-a Polish/German cleaning lady stepped into a bar catered to Arabs and ordered a coke.
One Arab man asked her to dance and they become friends,lover and husband/wife.
He is much younger than she is,she has 3 adult children.
The movie is about racial discrimination against Arabs working in Germany.
First it was the neighbors ,then the storekeeper ,then the landlord,and her children ,they became very disgusted and one of them even kicked and broke her TV set in the living room.
One by one,they came back to her-her neighbor could use her large storage space in the basement as her son is going away to Norway,her son needs a babysitter so his wife can work and bring in some bacon,storekeeper is losing an important customer and now wants her back so she wont be giving away her money to the big box supermarket.
Her Arab husband wants to eat Couscous but she does not know how to prepare them so she insisted in Germany,eat what GERMAN eATS !
He walked out on her and found a place where Couscous is served PLUS more ,it is up to you to find the ending !

Old 06-01-2021, 03:41 PM

2,993 posts, read 1,762,978 times
Double feature last night.

The Whole Truth...a 2016 courtroom drama starring Keanu Reeves as a defense lawyer. Kind of formulaic, but it was enjoyable.

The Lost Bullet...a 2021 fast cars, crooked cops, etc. French film dubbed into English. It was gritty and also pretty good.

Old 06-01-2021, 05:48 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,543,766 times
Double JEopardy,Sabrina,not the Audrey Hepburn one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies