Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2014, 10:59 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,315,264 times

Advertisements

Surrender (1987)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094078/

Sean Stein: Your honor, is this justice?
Judge: You're asking the wrong guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2014, 07:57 PM

229 posts, read 382,899 times
Denzel in Remember the Titans to the assistant coach: "You're not helping them. You're crippling them."

Old 03-19-2014, 12:01 AM

7,121 posts, read 5,232,235 times
THE SUBJECT IS: BROTHERS

On the Waterfront (1954) ~ one of the most-famous scenes with the most-quoted lines
"Remember that night in the Garden you came down to my dressing room and you said, 'Kid, this ain't your night. We're going for the price on Wilson'? You remember that? 'This ain't your night'! My night! I coulda taken Wilson apart! So what happens? He gets the title shot outdoors on the ballpark, and what do I get? A one-way ticket to Palookaville! You was my brother, Charley. You shoulda looked out for me a little bit. You shoulda taken care of me just a little bit so I wouldn't have to take them dives for the short-end money. ... I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody instead of a bum, which is what I am. Let's face it: It was you, Charley."

A Clockwork Orange (1971)
"So I waited, and, O my brothers, I got a lot better munching away at eggiwegs and lomticks of toast and lovely steakiwegs, and then, one day, they said I was going to have a very special visitor."

Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986)
"In a nutshell: I hate my brother."

Josh and S.A.M. (1993)
"What can I do? I'm a wanted man with a screwed up brother."

Sam: You're not my brother anymore!
Josh: What?
Sam: I just decided it, the same way Dad isn't Mom's husband anymore.
Josh: You must be dumber than Dad's stepsons. You can't divorce me!
Sam: Uhhunh. He can take you away like he took the lawnmower and the barbecue.
Josh: Doesn't matter. I'd still be your brother wherever I was, even if I was a thousand million miles away!
Sam: I wish you were!

Legends of the Fall (1994)
"Don't mind my brother. Your dog has more breeding than he has."

X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009)
"We could never be done, James. After all, we're brothers. And brothers look out for each other."

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (2010)
"Family, the bond between brothers, that is the sword that defends our empire. I pray that that sword stays strong."

Rain Man (1988)
"What I said about being on the road with you I meant. Connecting. I like having you for my brother."

"Why didn't he tell me I had a brother? Why didn't anyone ever tell me that I had a brother? Because it'd have been nice to know him for more than just the past six days."

"What you have to understand is four days ago he was only my brother in name. And, this morning, we had pancakes."

Finding Neverland (2004)
"It seems to me that Peter's trying to grow up too fast. I imagine he thinks that grown-ups don't hurt as deeply as children do when they... when they lose someone. I lost my older brother David when I was just Peter's age, and it nearly destroyed my mother."

From Dusk Till Dawn (1996)
"Peachy, Kate. The world's my oyster except for the fact that I just rammed a wooden stake in my brother's heart because he turned into a vampire even though I don't believe in vampires. Aside from that unfortunate business, everything's hunky-dory."

The Lost Boys (1987)
"Look at your reflection in the mirror! You're a creature of the night, Michael, just like out of a comic book! You're a vampire, Michael! My own brother, a goddamn, sh*t-sucking vampire! You wait till Mom finds out, buddy!"

Gandhi (1982)
"What do you want me not to do? Not to meet with Mr. Jinnah? I am a Muslim and a Hindu and a Christian and a Jew, and so are all of you. When you wave those flags and shout, you send fear into the hearts of your brothers. That is not the India I want! Stop it! For God's sake stop it!"

Tommy Boy (1995)
"Brothers don't shake hands. Brothers gotta hug."

The Darjeeling Limited (2007)
"I want us be become brothers again like we used to be and for us to find ourselves and bond with each other. Can we agree to that?"

Die Hard: With a Vengeance (1995)
"There's a difference, you know, between not liking one's brother and not caring when some dumb Irish flatfoot drops him out of a window."

The Ten Commandments (1956)
"The evil that men should turn their brothers into beasts of burden, to be stripped of spirit, and hope, and strength~only because they are of another race, another creed... If there is a God, he did not mean this to be so."

Old 03-19-2014, 09:57 AM

9,238 posts, read 22,909,654 times
"It could be worse...It could be raining"
--Marty Feldman in Young Frankenstein

Old 03-27-2014, 03:41 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,523,229 times
From Gravity:

"I hate space."

Old 03-30-2014, 10:23 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,986,422 times
" say hello to my little friend ". Scar face

Old 04-05-2014, 05:06 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,523,229 times
From Jobs:

Hey, Steve, you're real good. But, you're an *******.

Well...that.

Old 04-05-2014, 05:12 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,790,352 times
Jerry Lundegaard: You're darn tootin'!
~Fargo

Old 04-06-2014, 08:23 AM

2,709 posts, read 6,317,297 times
I was just watching Hello Dolly and had to laugh when Dolly tells Horace, "No use arguing; I've made up your mind." Ha!

Old 04-06-2014, 10:46 AM

368 posts, read 396,406 times
Am I hallucinating here? Just what in the hell do you think you're doing? - Mr. Hand
Learning about Cuba, having some food. - Jeff Spicoli
Mr. Spicoli, you're on dangerous ground here. You're causing a major disturbance on my time. - Mr. Hand
I've been thinking about this, Mr. Hand. If I'm here and you're here, doesn't that make it our time? Certainly there's nothing wrong with a little feast on our time. - Jeff Spicoli Fast Times at Ridgemont High

Game over, man. - William Hudson Aliens

Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things. -Jack Burton Big Trouble in Little China

Groovy. -Ash Evil Dead 2

Damn, he had a lot of friends, didn't he? -Junior
If they had cremated that son of a b----, I could've been kicking that Mr. Bandit's a-- around the moon by now. -Buford T. Justice Smokey and the Bandit

Oh, you were wonderful. Are all nerds as good as you? -Betty Childs
Yes. -Lewis Skolnick
How come? -Betty Childs
Cause all jocks ever think about is sports. All we ever think about is sex. -Lewis Skolnick Revenge of the Nerds

Disturbing the peace?!?! I got thrown out of a window! What's the f------ charge for getting pushed out of a moving car, huh? Jaywalking? -Axel Foley Beverly Hills Cop

I love you. I love you, Tommy. -Brendan Conlon Warrior

Put...the bunny...back...in the box. -Cameron Poe Con Air

I am an F...B...I... agent! -Johnny Utah Point Break
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies