Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2011, 04:46 PM

599 posts, read 5,733,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightShadow View Post
Baby...*stop shoveling a moment, leaning on the handle* The way people handle lovemaking here is putting sexy songs next to each other! *Roaring with laughter*..I guess thats the PG-13 Marketing Darling.
Like this?
*trying my very hardest to look innocent...fails horribly and burst out laughing* Oh. Darling Sir. I never knew that being innocent is so much fun. I have been laughing all day!

Flight of the Conchords- Business Time - YouTube

Gunther - Ding Dong Song - YouTube

Quote:
Songs are okay but TEXT? In a time of sextexting, and the like? Love, you're gonna give people heart attacks...And never mention do-do...er poo...*lean head back roaring with laughter*
I'm truly sorry for any heart attacks I might have caused, but anyone that actually listen to the song would know that I merely cited the lyrics...which is a common practice at CD. Well...maybe I added some of me in he mix too...so again, I'm sorry for any painful chests I might have caused.

Old 12-07-2011, 05:32 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,167,293 times
Foo Fighters tonight
The thing I like about Grohl in particular is he gives everything, everytime.. 100% all in. Doesn't leave anyone wondering

FOO FIGHTERS 10 - I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN - YouTube

Old 12-07-2011, 06:05 PM

52,764 posts, read 48,138,117 times
A few songs just happen to be on my mind this very evening. I've got four pieces from my Country Gold "library". My first offering puts the spotlight on a uniquely American institution known as the auctioneer. Can you just imagine having to be one? Have you ever been to an auction? I went once when I was a kid in the Webelo scouts, but it wasn't anything like what you're about to hear. Get your tongue tied around this one, folks.

The Auctioneer - Leroy Van Dyke

LEROY VAN DYKE-THE AUCTIONEER.wmv - YouTube

This next is a song anyone can hum, and you couldn't beat this quartet with their brand of harmony.

Atlanta Blue - Statler Brothers

Atlanta Blue - The Statler Brothers - YouTube

Okay, I can't help it. Let me do another one by these guys if you don't mind. This time, here's one of their occasional "plays on words". Where the title and overall subject is concerned, this one, you'll need to think about.

You Can't Have Your Kate And Edith, Too - Statler Brothers

Statler Brothers You Can't Have Your Kate and Edith Too - YouTube

Speaking of plays on words, country music through the years has had so many catchy titles that fans oftentimes remember with their favorite singer(s). My final piece for this post happens to come from one of country's great singer/songwriters of yesteryear. Even though he did not write this selection, he sang it and it did well for him, anyway, rising to become his only number one hit.

You're The Best Break This Old Heart Ever Had - Ed Bruce

Ed Bruce "You're The Best Break This Old Heart Ever Had" - YouTube

Old 12-07-2011, 08:48 PM

1,022 posts, read 11,566,021 times
Default Fraulein Joox and Wednesday

Come in checking whether its My day to cook, Fraulein's or a day We go out to eat.

Fraulein comes bouncing in with that gleam in her eyes...Uhoh...I, still with coat and backpack, fold arms leaning back on the kitchen counter...Grinning*

Alll right Might as well let it out...whatever have you...*Fraulein Joox wiggles a disc in the air...Me being directed to listen*

Quote:
Originally Posted by joox View Post
*Not a full sentence is sung before The Twix commercial flashes through My mind...
You know stuff your mouth quick when asked a question you don't want to answer and mumble...ack no candy nearby so grab the first thing...a dish towel...Stuff it in My mouth...Eyes watering trying to keep a straight face

*...muffle hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaa er cough*

Is this what you meant when...

Quote:
*Nodding head but not sure if I'm nodding yes or no...omgawd...knees weaken...try to pinch Myself HARD chanting do not laugh do
not laugh...I will NOT...spit towel out holding belly...howling, sinking to the
floor!!*

OO gawd girl I can't talk...you gon killed Me dead! ROFL

And the next one is even worse...HHHHHHHAA!!! A person got to be HARD UP Desperate to knock knee both of these songs together! rofl...

Quote:
*trying my very hardest to look innocent...fails horribly and burst out laughing* Oh. Darling Sir. I never knew that being innocent is so much fun. I have been laughing all day!
Hey at least I can hear Synthpop in Gunther... *bobbing head like a puppet* but Dear no you're not to take both love positions...only one THEN the object of your affection posts the next song...*wiping eyes...grinning*

O yes I get it...its Wednesday! Let's Go! *Gathering your things heading to the door, laughing*

There's some Friends practicing in the Barn...For Real! I want you to hear them... Ghana and Alabama...We call them...quite the pair I'd say...

KnightShadow

Old 12-07-2011, 09:10 PM

1,022 posts, read 11,566,021 times
Default BIG SYSTEM with special guest, trumpeter Ryan Mizuno - Used To Ride That Train

*Fraulein gives Me a quizzical glance*

O forgot!...they needed a practice space for a couple hours tops! The horses didn't seem to mind at all...*Cheshire grin* If they're too loud...*fish in pocket holding up a pair of earplugs!* I'm sure you won't need these will you...Let's run down and see what they're doing now! We won't stay...I have too much work to do tonight. Come on!

I want you to witness their Joy in playing! Feel their Joy! Unorthodox sound so be prepared!

*Music heard from the barn...a trumpet with Ghana drumming...I push open a smaller door off to the side where a small room for farm helpers would live*

"BIG SYSTEM is the two-man band comprised of Winchester Nii Tete and Samm Bennett. They bring to the stage a shared love of propulsive rhythm and no-holds-barred, gut-level musical expression.

BIG SYSTEM with special guest, trumpeter Ryan Mizuno - Used To Ride That Train

Used To Ride That Train (Big System live, 9/9/2011) - YouTube

Winchester's deep background in traditional Kpanlogo and other varieties of African drumming (from his native Ghana) mix with Samm's folk/blues stylings (informed by his deep-south upbringing in Alabama) and improvisational prowess...create a cross-cultural dialogue that is fresh and exciting."
- written by youtube submitter -

KnightShadow

Old 12-07-2011, 09:20 PM

1 posts, read 2,822 times

Old 12-07-2011, 09:23 PM

19,808 posts, read 20,401,739 times

The Flamingos - I Only Have Eyes For You (good quality) - YouTube

Old 12-07-2011, 09:45 PM

599 posts, read 5,733,546 times
Quote:
O yes I get it...its Wednesday! Let's Go! *Gathering your things heading to the door, laughing*
I'm only going if you are wearing your business socks! Haahahaa
*bouncing after you out to the hallway...catch up...give you a big hug before we head out* Let's go to the barn!

*start singing like Pippi, my heroine*

Pippi Långstrump - Lilla Gubben - YouTube (from the original Swedish TV-serie)

Quote:
There's some Friends practicing in the Barn...For Real! I want you to hear them... Ghana and Alabama...We call them...quite the pair I'd say...

Used To Ride That Train (Big System live, 9/9/2011) - YouTube
*dancing to the drum and trumpet* Oh. I like this. Thank you Sir, for bringing me back to the barn a second time today. I must say that I rather dance than shovel manure..

Old 12-07-2011, 10:15 PM

5,431 posts, read 29,190,310 times
Default You

Hearts embrace...

...Love flows like a river

from me...

...to You

...whisper softly...goodnight my Love...

i Love You...

~BloomingArtist~
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music