Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 09:44 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,903,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughguy View Post
I hate how all these children's groups are pandering to the Jesus freak crowd to boost their record sales.
The Jonas Brothers' dad is an ordained minister. Perhaps they are genuine "Jesus Freaks" (how about sincere Christians) themselves and there is no pandering going on, just an outflow of what is their personal belief system.

With a ten year old daughter gaga over this group, I like that I don't have to scrutinize them and wonder what kind of message is being transmitted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2008, 12:58 AM

396 posts, read 1,278,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
The Jonas Brothers' dad is an ordained minister. Perhaps they are genuine "Jesus Freaks" (how about sincere Christians) themselves and there is no pandering going on, just an outflow of what is their personal belief system.

With a ten year old daughter gaga over this group, I like that I don't have to scrutinize them and wonder what kind of message is being transmitted.
Personally I'd rather have my kids listening to music about having sex.

Just my personal opinion.

Old 10-07-2008, 06:50 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,903,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob rulz View Post

I see from your profile that you don't have kids. Until your personal opinion becomes one that cares for others more than yourself, please remain childless.

Just my personal advice.

Old 10-20-2009, 01:57 PM

428 posts, read 621,876 times
Default Just Dance (house remix) Lady Gaga

YouTube - Just Dance (house remix) Lady Gaga

Old 10-20-2009, 11:40 PM

18 posts, read 33,297 times
All the younger kids are in fact into the Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus, and all that other disney channel/pop music. I dont think their music is bad, but there are better songs i'd prefer. Though, on the new show Jonas,(which yes i do watch ;D) the music isnt half bad. Like "The Pizza Girl" song. It always gets stuck in my head!! A band that is becoming very popular is Owl City. I LOVE THEIR MUSIC. It's mellow, calm and not full of crappy lyrics like the nowaday 99.1 music. So, yes, everybody has their own favorites :B

Old 10-20-2009, 11:44 PM

18 posts, read 33,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob rulz View Post

My personal advice as well is wait until you are in that actual situation until you make a smart remark or judgement. Would you REALLY want your 9 year old to listen to music about sex? Just think of what you would be teaching them. Would you really want to be a grandparent so soon?

Just my personal advice as well

Old 10-21-2009, 11:31 AM

19,801 posts, read 12,356,956 times
Teen pop music has always been crap but it's listenable crap suitable for kids. I don't know why people insist on pushing their musical tastes on their kids - it's a new generation and they can decide what they like. It seems a little helicopterish to be in their faces about that - my parents didn't like my music and that was cool with all of us. It's not really "yours" when you are at that age and your parents like it too. Its like some parents worry about their pre-teen kids not being cool enough or that their tastes are not musically sophistocated enough at 10.

Old 10-21-2009, 12:00 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,442,918 times
When I was 10 I listened to Poison, Bon Jovi, Firehouse, Nelson, Slaughter, Warrant, and all those goofy hair bands that sang about getting laid. I remember "Unskinny Bop" by Poison was my favorite song. hahaha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music