Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 09:57 PM

634 posts, read 2,922,639 times

Advertisements

What are some current teen music singers/groups that your children, nephews, neighborhood kids, or even you, etc. listen to?

Here are some newly popular children/teen singers/bands:

Jonas Brothers

Miley Cyrus

Aly & AJ

NLT

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2008, 04:43 PM

Any replies?

Old 03-14-2008, 09:04 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,244,782 times
Im not a huge fan of the type of music the Jonas Brothers play but they certainley are loved by pre-teen girls.
Miley Cyrus AKA Hannah Montana is definetley a little cutie but like the Jonas Brothers, her music doesnt interest me.
Aly and Aj Ive heard that one song they had earlier this year, Ive also heard they sing Christian songs as well, theyre okay I guess, better than Rihanna or Chris Brown though thats for sure, but you wont find any of there stuff in my CD player.
I've never heard of NLT.
I have a younger sister who loves Hannah Montana and Aly@AJ, sometimes listens to High school musical. She's also interested in a group called Pure NRG, no idea who they are though.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Im not a huge fan of the type of music the Jonas Brothers play but they certainley are loved by pre-teen girls.
Miley Cyrus AKA Hannah Montana is definetley a little cutie but like the Jonas Brothers, her music doesnt interest me.
Aly and Aj Ive heard that one song they had earlier this year, Ive also heard they sing Christian songs as well, theyre okay I guess, better than Rihanna or Chris Brown though thats for sure, but you wont find any of there stuff in my CD player.
I've never heard of NLT.
I have a younger sister who loves Hannah Montana and Aly@AJ, sometimes listens to High school musical. She's also interested in a group called Pure NRG, no idea who they are though.
I wasn't into this type of music at all a year ago... In fact I staunchly hated any type of pop music. But now I love it!

Each of these artists I put up are better than that T-Pain, Flo-Rida, Usher, Soulja Boy, Chris Brown, etc. crap

Old 05-28-2008, 07:50 PM

1 posts, read 151,267 times
Default NlT By:peque2

No flaws

Loveable

Totally HOT!!!

Old 06-06-2008, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peque2 View Post
No flaws

Loveable

Totally HOT!!!
haha
They're growing in popularity and will be a summer hit most likely.

Anyways, for these musicians...
I just like them a lot better than rap music and R&B. I've gotten very tired of rap and R&B dominating...

Old 06-08-2008, 01:03 AM

10,214 posts, read 15,927,883 times
TAYLOR SWIFT!!!! Technically she's country but her songs are all about high school and especially about high school girl crushes and heartbreaks. Im' a 23 year old guy and I love her and I'm not gay!!! I just think she's very talented and her music is simply amazing!

Old 06-08-2008, 12:35 PM

898 posts, read 2,895,728 times
I hate this stuff, but my cousin likes the montana girl. I just hope they save their money, cause in 3 years people are going to be saying...."I think I remember them"

Old 07-15-2008, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
TAYLOR SWIFT!!!! Technically she's country but her songs are all about high school and especially about high school girl crushes and heartbreaks. Im' a 23 year old guy and I love her and I'm not gay!!! I just think she's very talented and her music is simply amazing!

Taylore Swift's music is wonderful!

Old 07-15-2008, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony78201 View Post
I hate this stuff, but my cousin likes the montana girl. I just hope they save their money, cause in 3 years people are going to be saying...."I think I remember them"

NLT hasn't really even gone mainstream yet and the Jonas Brothers huge popularity has been going for about a half a year with no end in site.

Hannah Montana has sold 10 million albums worldwide and she is only 15.
Similar in Britney Spears path. She has sold 90 million albums.

So they will definitely be talked about 3 years from now because they'll be around then.

Anyways, I of course don't like them because they're popular... I listen to more underground music than you do most likely.

But isn't there music so much better than rap music or other songs even in other genres that talk about how bootylicious some girl is the whole song? Or how that one club girl got low for me and I touched her sexy sweatpants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music