Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2009, 11:57 PM

223 posts, read 1,801,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by square peg View Post
Welcome to the board, Paul!

Presently listening to The Animals from 1963.

Almost Grown - Live
Thank you, Square Peg, for the friendly welcome. I haven't had this much fun, this much laughter, recalling good memories, enjoying the music in decades.

Listening to the Animals reminds me of how sophisticated we felt with pocket transistors, snapping our fingers to the beat, complete with plastic earplugs in our ears.

I thank the heavens for returning my youth to me, if only for a couple of days.

Old 01-20-2009, 01:28 AM

21 posts, read 61,813 times
Well, The song I am listening to is 'The summer of sixtynine'.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:32 AM

2,051 posts, read 9,335,993 times
Thank you Square Peg, Shadowcaver, and Double H for the personal comments made. I appreciate it! :-)

Sir PaulG_1, I am grateful to have shared meaning and inspiration with you. I'm sorry you are sick during this time and if I didn't know you were already well taken care of, (I am not in the city) would have sent someone toward your care Sir. You gave so much to me and I am happy to have inspired meaning back into your life. Thank you Sir :bows deeply:

And Thank you all that gave rep points this way. I forgot about them! lol
(It was only after staring at my name over and over did it hit me what had changed and I clicked the new messages...)

I wished I had had time to make a list this morn but alas could not. I am now in a great crowd of people viewing the Inauguration on CNN and maybe you too? If not, I look forward to later playing your pick of music during this time.

In a couple of hours, Obama will be our President tho I think France, Germany, Kenya and England are claiming Obama belongs to them... :chuckle:

Last edited by MadAtMcCain; 01-20-2009 at 09:45 AM..

Old 01-20-2009, 06:11 PM

18,218 posts, read 25,861,807 times
Listening to Van Dyke Parks first lp on Warner Brothers, from 1968; Song Cycle. Song playing-"Donovans Colours".

Old 01-20-2009, 07:19 PM

52,691 posts, read 47,963,336 times
Storms Never Last - Waylon Jennings/Jessi Colter

Old 01-20-2009, 08:14 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAtMcCain View Post
Thank you Square Peg, Shadowcaver, and Double H for the personal comments made. I appreciate it! :-)
So, what am I, chopped liver? -Lower lip quivering-

Old 01-20-2009, 08:18 PM

Watching the inauguration made me pull out some Stevie Wonder-Fufillingness' First Finale-entire CD

Old 01-20-2009, 08:53 PM

2,051 posts, read 9,335,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
So, what am I, chopped liver? -Lower lip quivering-
:eyes grow wide and checks... how could I have missed such a delightful name!???? a large hand grabs head with a groan and quickly decides to do something about this!:

:crosses the rotunda, flipping open a traceless cell, descending the grand staircase into an indoor garden... picks the most delicate of bouquets, re-crossing into a side room selecting a lightly perfumed pastel tissue... wraps all ... encloses with an Art Nouveau velvet ribbon... :

:cell rings, answers and agrees to meet the caller at City-Data and leaving quickly arrives at Kshe95girl's doorstep... rings the bell and turning nods to the spotter:

:sees you, Kshe95girl... and holding out the flowers sings:

"You're more than chop liver, and your words are held true... forgive my oversight, let me make it up to you..."

:mariachi trumpets sound as they stride into view:

"receive this small gift, of perfect flowers in winter bloom... I appreciate your comment and your joy of the playlist too! Forgive me and Thank you..."

:bows then rises with a smile as the yard fills with musicians singing and people responding to the band's horns:

Mariachi Dance

YouTube - Mariachi Dance

Old 01-20-2009, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAtMcCain View Post
:eyes grow wide and checks... how could I have missed such a delightful name!???? a large hand grabs head with a groan and quickly decides to do something about this!:

:crosses the rotunda, flipping open a traceless cell, descending the grand staircase into an indoor garden... picks the most delicate of bouquet, re-crossing into a side room selecting a lightly perfumed pastel tissue... wraps all ... encloses with an Art Nouveau velvet ribbon... :

:cell rings, answers and agrees to meet the caller at City-Data and leaving quickly arrives at Kshe95girl's doorstep... rings the bell and turning nods to the spotter:

:sees you, Kshe95girl... and holding out the flowers sings:

"You're more than chop liver, and your words are held true... forgive my oversight, let me make it up to you..."

:mariachi trumpets sound as they strive into view:

"receive this small gift, of perfect flowers in winter bloom... I appreciate your comment and your joy of the playlist too! Forgive me and Thank you..."

:bows then rises with a smile as the yard fills with musicians singing and people responding to the band's horns:

Mariachi Dance

YouTube - Mariachi Dance
-Kshe smiles in delight at the lovely bouquet, wonders to herself how MadatMcain knew Art Nouveau was her favorite, smiles and nods at the musicians, and proceeds to dance with joy.-

Old 01-20-2009, 09:17 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,539,581 times

YouTube - Sandra - Maria Magdalena
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music