Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 01:15 PM

29,250 posts, read 22,538,979 times

Advertisements

Dad has more vocal chops than his daughter, and is a so-so song writer. Miley can't write a song to save her life, and has a much narrower vocal range, and she really needs to learn how to slow down her speech and speak more clearly. That's easy enough to accomplish in Hollywood, but it takes time and dedication.

But both are Disney creations, and Disney has a lock on knowing which kids will work out for them; Miley is just another Disney kid, just as Annette Funicelo, Kurt Russell, Jody Foster, Ryan Gosling, Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, Lindsay Lohan, Raven Simone, and Hillary Duff were. And for each of this group, there were a bunch of others who were in the same shows these kids were in that never went anywhere after they hit adulthood.

Disney is a great start for any child actor. What happens next is unpredictable as to how long any child star will remain popular. Hollywood is full of former child stars who went on to full long-lasting success and equally full of failure. By age 30, it's all settled out one way or the other.

Personally, I don't think Miley can do it unless she follows a similar route taken by Russell and Foster. Both left the business for a few years to get an education and solid training as actors before they came back as young adults. Now that Miley is getting married, this step would come at a perfect time for her, but she has a lot to learn about acting before she has a solid career.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2012, 02:18 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,360,734 times
First off, by "Hannah Montana" I assume you actually mean Miley Cyrus, correct? Reason I ask is that she does have a music career outside the Disney character.

I always kind of like Billy Ray, I think he kind of gets unfairly dissed just because he was the Achy-Breaky Man but he's actually put out some decent music over the years.

Miley has some talent. When she first started performing I thought she was going to develop into a decent singer/songwriter type even if her material might have been a little light. Now that she's shown flashes that suggest she could develop into the next trashy ho-bag pop singer I'm not so sure.

For the moment I'll vote for Billy Ray.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music