Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 05:02 PM

33 posts, read 66,332 times

Advertisements

I am going with my grown kids to garden city we all have went in together and rented a beach house there. MY dil use to go there when she was young and hope it is still the same. We will have my 7 year old grandson with us. What are any must see in garden city bside enjoying the bech.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2011, 10:34 AM

215 posts, read 545,705 times
The pier
The arcade

Some tourist shops across from the pier.

aaahhhhh.....................

?

David

Old 05-31-2011, 04:57 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,954,027 times
I used to like to stay in Garden City because it's away from the tackiness of Myrtle Beach, but if you want that, it's a short drive. If you like seafood, you're 10-15 minutes from Murrell's Inlet; also, there's Brookgreen Gardens with its great outdoor sculpture gardens near Murrell's Inlet and nearby Huntington Beach State Park if you'd like a tame introduction to the local wildlife. Charleston SC is a couple of hours away and definitely worth a day trip. There are a lot of other beaches within a half hour drive of Garden City if you get tired of the beach there. Pawleys Island is 20 minutes or so away and I used to love going to the beach there as well.

Old 05-31-2011, 05:35 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,132,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4tweety View Post
I am going with my grown kids to garden city we all have went in together and rented a beach house there. MY dil use to go there when she was young and hope it is still the same. We will have my 7 year old grandson with us. What are any must see in garden city bside enjoying the bech.
I lived on the beach in Garden City for 12 years and it has changed since Hurricane Hugo in 1989. We now rent out our beach house to tourists.

Go to Sarah Js for fried seafood and enjoy the great views of the creek (it's a marsh, a tidal creek and the locals refer to it as The Creek).

Eat at Gulfstream Cafe for excellent food and amazing views of both the creek and the ocean. Go at sunset.

You must do The Marshwalk in Murrells Inlet. All the restaurants are locally owned and quite delicious. Bubbas Love Shack, Bovines, Divine Fish House, Wahoos are just a few but they are all good. Stroll the Marshwalk after dinner and sit outside on the water by a tiki torch and listen to the bands.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:17 AM

1,019 posts, read 2,894,785 times
For the 7 year old, and kids of all ages , I would recommend Wild Water & Wheels. It is just a hop, skip, and a jump away from Garden City in Surfside Beach. He may be a little small for some of the bigger slides, but there are plenty of other things to keep him busy.

Old 06-01-2011, 11:44 AM

33 posts, read 66,332 times
thanks fr all your replys will write down the sugeestions so I will have them with me. thanks Tweety

Old 06-01-2011, 12:23 PM

3 posts, read 14,689 times
Default Things to do..

We're still pretty new at visiting that area. But check out Watchawasee (Spelling?) Zoo on 701 at Murrells Inlet. It's cheap and your 7 year old will LOVE LOVE LOVE it. They have sooo many animals it's really neat AND they sell feed so you can actually feed most of the animals. They also have a boat ride you can go on.

Old 06-01-2011, 04:35 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,132,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by APFMOM View Post
We're still pretty new at visiting that area. But check out Watchawasee (Spelling?) Zoo on 701 at Murrells Inlet. It's cheap and your 7 year old will LOVE LOVE LOVE it. They have sooo many animals it's really neat AND they sell feed so you can actually feed most of the animals. They also have a boat ride you can go on.
Waccatee Zoo in the Wacca Wache area.

www.WaccateeZoo.com

Old 06-11-2011, 06:54 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,685,933 times
The zoo is a great idea and there is a brand new show opening where Dollys Stampede was....
Pirates! Its suppose to have a big boat out in the middle of water. I think it will be a wonderful change even though I loved Dollys Place.

Old 06-11-2011, 06:57 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,685,933 times
Have a picnic at Huntington Beach State Park. ( on the ocean)
Use the batting cage in Surfside for some good baseball practice.
Lots of minature golf everywhere.
New things going on at Broadway at the Beach.
Magic Quest if you don't mind spending the funds for it, the kids love that place.
They love, love, love Alligator Adventure that is a fun place for all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area