Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 02:16 PM

236 posts, read 902,126 times

Advertisements

So what would you think of a move to this area for a family that has a 5year old boy, 83 year old woman and three ladies in between. We need safe and clean. Errands and shopping not too far away? ANy suggestions?? Any developments someone knows of??
All suggestions would be helpful!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2007, 02:57 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,970,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue717 View Post
So what would you think of a move to this area for a family that has a 5year old boy, 83 year old woman and three ladies in between. We need safe and clean. Errands and shopping not too far away? ANy suggestions?? Any developments someone knows of??
All suggestions would be helpful!

I wish I had done it years ago. Look at Carolina Forest. It has everything and then some.

Old 09-07-2007, 06:25 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,792,709 times
Myrtle beach and surrounding area is great for young and young at heart! There's so much to do for kids here and lots of senior activities. Shops everywhere and like Sheena suggested, Carolina Forest is an area that has everything close by. There are lots of developments but it depends on what you are looking for, how close to the beach you want to be and price range. Closer you get to the beach, more expensive it gets - taxes & insurance.

Old 09-07-2007, 07:28 PM

I will definately look into that area. Dont have to be right on top of the beach, being near is good enough for me. Does anyone have any idea on the cost of taxes and insurance. Living in Florida they are thru the roof and then some! Thanks for your help!!

Old 09-07-2007, 07:44 PM

Quote:
I will definately look into that area. Dont have to be right on top of the beach, being near is good enough for me. Does anyone have any idea on the cost of taxes and insurance. Living in Florida they are thru the roof and then some! Thanks for your help!!

If you pick the side of Carolina Forest closest to the 31, like The Farm or Bell Grove you will be about 6 miles from the first beach access.

I was told someone at the Farm was paying 600.00 a year in homeowners insurance but a lot of people seem to think it's double. It is on the other side of the Intercoastal waterway, which I'm told is cheaper. I heard something about taxes for new home buyers went up and others that are staying in their homes are going down. I'm not sure maybe someone can help clear that up.

We are renting right now so I don't have first hand info.

All I know is Carolina Forest is the most convienient place I've ever lived in.

Old 09-08-2007, 05:02 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,792,709 times
For a three bedroom house in Carolina Forest insurance is $1100 and up. Even 5/6 miles from the beach some insurance companies won't cover. Taxes depends on the house but same area between $1000 & $1500. If you move into a place that needs flood insurance (which a lot of places do here) it's about $400 a year. I shouldn't say need but it's suggested. Three of my neighbors are from FL and moved because of the same reason.

Old 09-08-2007, 06:34 AM
GJM

465 posts, read 1,882,646 times
I live in Carolina Forest in The Farm. We have a 4 bedroom house and pay about $1100 in Homeowners insurance, we did get flood insurance, we haven't lived here and I just felt better getting it, we didn't have to. We pay $250 a year for that and is paid separate.

We just filed as full time residents at the tax office and our taxes with the new tax law she told us should be about $900 - this year we are only be taxed as a lot she said, since we just had our house built. I was happy with the $900 and she said it may be less, that would be great.

I love Carolina Forest, plus the school is right outside our development, they are building 2 grocery stores at our end - YHEA! I can't wait, a Food Lion and then I just saw a sign for Loews Food - but they build slower here then were I came from NJ - but a house they put up fast!

Our development has young & old, all my neighbors are great and my 7 year old son loves it.

Old 09-08-2007, 11:01 AM

All you folks are being so helpful! It is much appreciated! So far it seems like a really good place for our family. I'm from Jersey, (area turned into a ghetto), lived in Lancaster County Pa, ( great family place but too much snow) and then moved to FL. ( need I say more??) I hope this is the last move and that I can find someplace nice for my 83 year old Mom, by the way are you close to medical offices?? My 2 daughters, and my 5 year old grandson, there is no one for him to play with in this area. I think I am going to make a trip there later this month, and see what this area is like. Thanks again and keep those suggestions coming!!!!

Old 09-08-2007, 11:24 AM
GJM

465 posts, read 1,882,646 times
Yes we are close to medical offices here, in fact I think they are building a new medical center with senior living, with different areas of care. Plus the hospital isn't far.

In my development there are plenty of kids to play with and it is nice to see them outside playing. Plus the pool is great.

Where were you from in NJ - we lived in Bergen Cty. and just moved here in March. We don't regret it at all.

Old 09-08-2007, 04:43 PM

Quote:
All you folks are being so helpful! It is much appreciated! So far it seems like a really good place for our family. I'm from Jersey, (area turned into a ghetto), lived in Lancaster County Pa, ( great family place but too much snow) and then moved to FL. ( need I say more??) I hope this is the last move and that I can find someplace nice for my 83 year old Mom, by the way are you close to medical offices?? My 2 daughters, and my 5 year old grandson, there is no one for him to play with in this area. I think I am going to make a trip there later this month, and see what this area is like. Thanks again and keep those suggestions coming!!!!
Every medical thing possible popping up in Carolina Forest. Very convenient.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area