Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 08:54 AM

2,614 posts, read 5,856,558 times

Advertisements

... and why I luv 'em.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2014, 11:58 AM

10,113 posts, read 11,008,528 times
LOL ...ahhh PD, I see you are stirring the pot.

I have a set of the Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka mason jars from SC's very own distillery located on Wadmalaw Island, South Carolina. You can visit the distillery Tuesday thru Saturday 11:00 AM til 5:00 PM and check out their tasting room. Hint ... try to avoid the weekend and visit during the week.

.::The Original Firefly ::.

Old 10-04-2014, 08:55 PM

2,614 posts, read 5,856,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
...ahhh PD, I see you are stirring the pot.
Moi??

Old 10-05-2014, 07:31 AM

1,492 posts, read 3,654,699 times
Too funny! As someone who was raised in upstate NY by two Southern Transplants, I am southern by osmosis.

My hubby and I have just 17 months here in NYS before we put our house up for sale and head on down. Can't wait!

Old 10-05-2014, 08:49 AM

28 posts, read 56,820 times
Ok, here is a question for all you southerners out there. We are having our house built on Dogwood Lake in Surfside Beach. We will be living there full time. Up here in Jersey people who visit the beach are known as “Bennies!” What will we be known as? Transplants, Northerners, or Yankees with a southern address, or something else? Just curious. I myself would say, a very smart couple who escaped out of New Jersey. In fact that is what we say. We are planning the “Great escape!”

Old 10-05-2014, 01:16 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,033 posts, read 6,578,942 times
Being born and raised in NJ and living most of my life at the Jersey Shore, I know full well what "Bennies" are. Bennies are weekenders or day trippers from Philadelphia or NY City or the suburbs there of. You will find more New Yorkers, New Jerseyians, mid-westerners and the like on the Strand then you will true Southerners. During the time I have spent in SC (we purchased our townhouse in Murrells Inlet over 5 years ago), I have never felt uncomfortable about being from NJ.

Old 10-06-2014, 11:03 AM

161 posts, read 239,576 times
We were visiting our future permanent home a month ago (coming back in a week) and went to a car wash. The guy looks at our plate and says, "Ah. a damn Yankee." I felt like saying, but didn't, "But you'll take my damn Yankee money."

I don't pay attention to any potentially negative comments. Call me what you want but in July 1 when I'm asked I can say I'm from South Carolina...who knows, maybe my Ohio accent will come back and I won't sound like a New Yorker!!

Old 10-06-2014, 04:18 PM

253 posts, read 472,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PawleysDude View Post
Moi??
You are just too funny! I now have this as my desktop background - looks really cool

PD, I am finally retiring in December and once we find a place when we come down for a month in February, we are heading out of Texas - cannot wait to get back to the beach

Old 10-06-2014, 05:38 PM

1,019 posts, read 2,902,363 times
LOL @PD

I gave birth to all mine up North but if I wasn't there when he was born I'd swear my oldest was a [right-wing, gun carrying, southern drawl talkin', dip chewin', moonshine drinkin'] SOUTHERNER!

Old 10-06-2014, 07:10 PM

1,544 posts, read 1,713,120 times
I was raised "up north" but my Momma was a southern lady through and through. I can hear her now with "A lady never..." or "A lady always ...", but my all time favorite was "The only thing you should hear when a lady walks is the click of her heels and the swish of her skirt".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area