Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2014, 08:13 AM

84 posts, read 147,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InPlaneSight View Post
Buyers should look at more than the models!
Meaning what? I thought you were happy with the development?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2014, 08:55 AM

126 posts, read 269,726 times
Before anyone buys at Riverstone, I suggest you go out and take a look at the Quick Delivery homes. We looked at the Biltmore. OMG, what shoddy work and inferior materials! On the roofline on front of the home (selling for $582,900) has really bad looking lumber (knot holes, nail holes, etc.) that is very poorly pieced together (instead of a standard single piece). On some of the pieces, you can actually see through the paint. Shoddy work on the inside of this home includes some of the door hinges have actually been painted over; you can even see brush strokes on them (feel the texture of the paint on the doors also.) The tile on the front side of the tub in the master bath is off center causing irregularly cut pieces. Work has been done around the AC vent in the dining room and not repaired. These are just a few of the obvious defects in one finished Riverstone home that is on the market for more than a half-million dollars. Buyers should look at more than the models!

Old 03-24-2014, 02:43 PM

84 posts, read 147,642 times
So you are saying that the typical build is not the same quality as the models? You bought a home in this development, how is the construction on your home?

Old 03-24-2014, 09:14 PM

87 posts, read 305,999 times
My home is almost complete and I've been watching the construction and checking on it while being built. Everything has been going well and I don't see any problems with materials used, etc. As a matter of fact my stepfather who is very knowledgeable about construction said it looked well built.

Old 05-18-2014, 01:20 AM

109 posts, read 122,490 times
I just moved here from NJ and in a completely different demographic but have older (60s) family friends who are both REALTORS here in town and bought at riverstone. I went to their house for dinner last week and jaw was dropping. So lovely the homes, and the community feels so safe and there were families walking their dogs as well as older couples, nice mix. Its nice and spread out so you can go for walks (which is what i miss about living in NJ-walking in neighborhoods) I went there on a Saturday so traffic was no issue, but really you cant lose being that close to 75 and shopping. Most of the traffic is west towards 41 and pine ridge. I am so shocked about how much time i spend on this road and currently deciding to buy a bike because i hate driving. But that area is not as bad.And again the house was straight out of Better Homes and Gardens with the lanai and pool. Of course she has a hobby as decorator and staging is part of her job. But hope that helps

Old 05-18-2014, 08:23 PM

20 posts, read 36,823 times
Did you made the move? How did it turn out? We are considering it too. Family with kids living in Wisconsin right now.

Old 05-18-2014, 08:37 PM

87 posts, read 305,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mar_mdq View Post
Did you made the move? How did it turn out? We are considering it too. Family with kids living in Wisconsin right now.
We moved in to Riverstone about 2 weeks ago and love the house! There is still a lot of construction going on in our area but the people we have met are nice and the community is beautiful. We can't wait until the community center opens in August. Everything has gone pretty smoothly and we're happy we made the move!

Old 05-19-2014, 01:53 PM

Thanks for your reply. I am very anxious about changing my life and my kids life specially. Do you see families with young kids in the area? That is my stronger fear. That it won't be kids around. Here they go outside and have kids from the houses around us to play with. But of course they only can do that fron May to October

Old 05-22-2014, 06:57 PM

2 posts, read 3,887 times
My fiancé and I just moved here from Newport Beach, CA (grew up in Ann Arbor, MI). We are in our early 30's and expecting our first child...we were very concerned about Naples not having kid friendly communities...I can honestly say Riverstone is very kid friendly and once that community center is complete in a few months it will be a kid heaven. They have basically a kid water park along with countless other amenities. Our neighbors on one side have two kids and on the other side 4. People are great in the community as well...everyone is friendly. I've seen a few people complain about the humidity and heat, but honestly it hasn't been that bad. There is constantly a breeze and as I mentioned with this community center the pool will be great. You will not have to go far to have fun. Also, someone mentioned the Isles in south naples...while Treviso/Isles/Lely are great communities, their schools are absolutely terrible in south naples. Like terrible as in some of the worst in the state. Not to mention outside of 5th and 3rd (downtown, which is gorgeous) the surrounding areas of these named communities is very sketchy. Its just run down and there are strip malls half empty. Everything in north naples is kept nice and is new. It is much nicer up here. Hope this helps.

Old 05-25-2014, 11:39 AM

Thanks for the info EriMay. It helps a lot. And congratulations on your baby!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples