Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2013, 08:50 PM

28 posts, read 68,365 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me about the neighborhood of The Estates at Bay Colony? Are the houses in the neighborhood worth the price they are asking? Are the real estate prices of The Estates going down (crashing) or on the rise?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2013, 01:03 AM

146 posts, read 335,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenMaria2 View Post
Can anyone tell me about the neighborhood of The Estates at Bay Colony? Are the houses in the neighborhood worth the price they are asking? Are the real estate prices of The Estates going down (crashing) or on the rise?
I do not live in this zone, but I have clients who live in Bay Colony and Pelican Marsh and know the area.
I do not what the homes sell for there. It's not on the beach or that close in real estate terms to the beach. The only thing I saw "visually" that made it unique in any way was the fact that it had old, mature trees and native plants surrounding the area. Quiet, beautiful in an "old Florida" way meaning the nature. Great landscaping. That being said, although you can't see it from in there, if you were to go to the back fence of the place, you would be at Goodlette Frank Road extension and just across the road is the water treatment facility and to that side of town as you get closer to Bonita, there is a lot of sulfur that comes out of the ground water, and with the right breeze....yes, the smell of rotten eggs in the morning. Honestly, was not in there long enough to get that smell, just did some estimates for a job in there...but look at it using google.earth and see where you are in the neighborhood with that water treatment facilities.

Bay Colony proper...meaning to the west of 41 is all quite close to the beach on the west side of 41 and probably a better investment. Just my two cents if I were investing in the zone. Bay Colony Estates just seems to be a gated area behind the gated area of Pelican Marsh. Because it has been kept native plants for the most part it has an old Florida feeling, other than that...seen one , seen 'em all.
TL

Old 04-17-2013, 06:50 AM

124 posts, read 333,588 times
An announcement on the 15th April 2013 from the Naples Area Board of Realtors said that the overall median home price has increased by 17% for 12 months ending in March 2013. The overall pending sales also rose by 4% and the average days a property is listed for sale on the market went down by 8%.
It has been over four years since the Naples Real Estate Market has seen growth of this kind.
Two homes have sold in The Estates at Bay Colony since February, and one of the two properties that sold had a price increase less than 6 months before selling. Both sold for around 10% off the asking price. Three are on the market at the moment ranging in size from 6,465-15,247sq.ft.

Old 04-19-2013, 06:59 PM

3,418 posts, read 7,791,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenMaria2 View Post
It is one of the wealthiest areas in Naples.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:34 PM

10 posts, read 17,066 times
I looked at homes in Bay Colony and settled on the Bay Laurel section of Pelican Marsh. Depending on your age and what you like to do Pelican Marsh may be a better fit. Both are very nice communities, but Pelican Marsh offer more for the year-rounders, and has a slightly younger crowd. The houses prices in the last year have gone up signifcantly. I am pretty sure I could get 15% more for my home today than when I bought it 15 months ago. Bay Laurel in Pelican Marsh has homes ranging in the 2-3M range, whereas Bay Colony has homes starting at 2.5M and they go north of 10M.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:39 PM

10 posts, read 17,066 times
[quote=travellight27;29159101if you were to go to the back fence of the place, you would be at Goodlette Frank Road extension and just across the road is the water treatment facility and to that side of town as you get closer to Bonita, there is a lot of sulfur that comes out of the ground water, and with the right breeze....yes, the smell of rotten eggs in the morning. Honestly, was not in there long enough to get that smell, just did some estimates for a job in there...but look at it using google.earth and see where you are in the neighborhood with that water treatment facilities.

[/quote]

I have lived here for 15 months and have played golf 3-4 times per week year round at Pelican Marsh and Bay Colony. I have NEVER smelled what he is describing. My house is approximately 400-500 yards from there. I've never even heard it discussed by any of the long term residents. The nice thing about being this close to the water treatment plant and the Hospital is that if ever the power goes out, you are the first ones back online.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples