Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2020, 04:53 AM

1,067 posts, read 624,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
post the heat indexes. 101 degree heat index yesterday. You guys only tell half truths to these people. "Only 88 degrees yesterday" .. yah at 9 am. by 2 it was 101 degrees with 80% humidity. I'm not trashing Florida I'm telling these people the truth about it. Better truth than a lot of you have still in the honeymoon phase of living there.
Truth? Your posts are often highly exaggerated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2020, 05:10 AM

789 posts, read 785,549 times
If she 's not whining about naples she whining about any number of issues with the queen city area where she lives now !! Guess it you learn to research and area before moving there she would be HAPPY . Most people move to SW FL including Naples/ collier area for the change of temp for the north where some areas are a still dealing with cold temps and for what collier county offers today people looking at the area .

Old 04-17-2020, 07:50 AM

2,128 posts, read 2,357,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1921 View Post
Truth? Your posts are often highly exaggerated.
Exactly..101 yesterday with heat index? Completely untrue. It was warm in the moring before the small shower that cooled everything off. By 4pm it was in the 70s and you could play golf with pants instead of shorts if you wanted to. By 7pm on my walk, I needed a jacket as it was in the 60s and windy.

Today is beautiful , headed to the golf course at noon. Enjoy your new life in N.C, sorry it didn't work out for you here and you miss it so much that you spend your free time visiting a forum of a place you don't live in to constantly trash the weather (that SW FL has no control over).

Old 04-17-2020, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post
Exactly..101 yesterday with heat index? Completely untrue. It was warm in the moring before the small shower that cooled everything off. By 4pm it was in the 70s and you could play golf with pants instead of shorts if you wanted to. By 7pm on my walk, I needed a jacket as it was in the 60s and windy.

Today is beautiful , headed to the golf course at noon. Enjoy your new life in N.C, sorry it didn't work out for you here and you miss it so much that you spend your free time visiting a forum of a place you don't live in to constantly trash the weather (that SW FL has no control over).
It doesn’t look like she is enjoy things up in NC due to crime in her area:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/char...l#post57351749

And, not surprisingly, the people in NC have also noted her complaining:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/char...l#post56822112

She needs to change her name to Debbie Downer.

Old 04-17-2020, 11:40 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,252,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1921 View Post
It doesn’t look like she is enjoy things up in NC due to crime in her area:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/char...l#post57351749

And, not surprisingly, the people in NC have also noted her complaining:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/char...l#post56822112

She needs to change her name to Debbie Downer.
“After the holidays we can finally put plans in motion. Until then I just block out the random gunshots, car break ins, and consistent murders.”

Sounds pleasant. Don’t recall any of these problems in Naples, other than fumigating, heat and complaining about HOA rules.

Old 04-17-2020, 01:17 PM

6,425 posts, read 4,917,410 times
We had a similar poster in the Buffalo forum, who finally gave up. Not sure why people feel they have to come on here and trash a place they no longer live in. Maybe they miss it.

Old 04-17-2020, 02:14 PM

205 posts, read 241,758 times
A lot of Real Estate Brokers and Agents on City-Data posting lies and 'pumping up' areas and neighborhoods only for that all mighty commission-money trying to sell property to gullible people moving to Florida who think life here is sitting on the beach drinking Pina Coladas every day.

Greed is a horrible thing.

Old 04-17-2020, 03:00 PM

648 posts, read 518,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripower455 View Post
We moved around 180 miles north, and I've had my house open and the air off more since October than I did in 5 years worth of winters in Naples. It's nice getting a break from the sauna.
Tripower455, that would put you in Central FL. I didn’t think the humidity was low enough in Central FL for extended times without the AC going, even in the cooler months. I thought that would encourage mold growth in homes.

Old 04-17-2020, 03:38 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,090,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyp22 View Post
Tripower455, that would put you in Central FL. I didn’t think the humidity was low enough in Central FL for extended times without the AC going, even in the cooler months. I thought that would encourage mold growth in homes.
Yeah, we're in CFL in the Mt. Dora area.

No mold issues whatsoever, and we're in a 65 year old house with original windows, on a lake no less.

I will say that it's been a nice surprise being able to have the house open so much for the first time in over 30 years living in FL.

I wasn't expecting that much of a difference in winter temps, but they've typically run between 10 and 20 degrees cooler here than Naples. According to my neighbors, this was a typical winter, if not a little warmer than normal.

We closed on this house last May, so we got to experience a summer too. It was still in the 60s at night when we closed, but that only lasted a few weeks. The rest of the summer, it was mid to high 70s at night. The breeze off the lake makes a big difference in comfort when outside, even when it's in the 90's.

Summer daytime temps are about the same (90's and humid), but the true misery starts about a month later and ends earlier than in SWFL.

Old 04-17-2020, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA33301 View Post
A lot of Real Estate Brokers and Agents on City-Data posting lies and 'pumping up' areas and neighborhoods only for that all mighty commission-money trying to sell property to gullible people moving to Florida who think life here is sitting on the beach drinking Pina Coladas every day.

Greed is a horrible thing.
Those on this Naples section have given what I consider a fair overview. After being here for 3 years, I find that Naples was better than I expected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples