Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2007, 02:03 AM

35 posts, read 143,741 times

Advertisements

Are these part of the areas that everyone considers "good"... still in Williamson County school district (some of Spring Hill). We are looking into those areas... Spring hill especially but I don't read anyone mentioning these as options for affordable safe living. Any input?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2007, 03:21 PM

52 posts, read 204,229 times
Default Spring Hill vs. Nolensville

If you are raising a family, Spring Hill has a lot of young couples with children as well. Just north of Spring Hill is Thompson's Station which is all in Williamson County. I believe Thompson Station is unincorporated.

The advantage that Spring Hill has over Nolensville is the access to the interstate,I-65, its proximity to the Franklin and Cool Springs for activities and I believe it is also closer to Nashville than Nolensville by travel time though it probably depends where in Spring Hill or Nolensville you live. Plus, Spring Hill is getting surburban type stores like Target, Lowes, etc .... .

What has happened is home prices in Franklin have shot up and Nissan moving its national HQ has not helped lower them. So, that has pushed up home prices in Spring Hill and Thompson Station. Spring Hill has been approved to have a hospital built there even though one sits a few miles away in Columbia and another one in Franklin. It's a growing area and I don't know if this is true, but someone told me that 5,000 more homes are scheduled to be built in Spring Hill.

Speaking of crime in Williamson County. FYI, Williamson County is one of the top 15 wealthiest counties in the United States
Williamson County, Tennessee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia . The crime danger you would face in Spring Hill is probably having eggs thrown at your car after teenagers returning from a Young Republicans meeting see a Hillary for President sign in your yard. The biggest crime story in Williamson County has been the Sheriff busted for illegally buying prescription drugs. Where did he get busted? In Nashville,Davidson County, of course!

I do NOT mean to downplay the existence of crime as it can happen anywhere. Generally, in the greater Nashville area, you know where not to be in order to be safe(er).

Old 06-27-2007, 02:45 AM

35 posts, read 143,741 times
Default Thank you!

That was very helpful!

Old 06-27-2007, 08:40 AM

1,715 posts, read 6,985,564 times
Both areas are good, but overpriced for my family. The previous poster was spot on w/their observation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville