Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2011, 09:10 AM

85 posts, read 297,833 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are considering a move to either Nashville or Cincinnati (our family is in Ohio). One of the things we are seeking is a community with a nice town center feel to it- where the area is mostly residential, but with some light retail and very light commercial development as well (think Hyde Park and Mariemont if you know Cincy). I am not really talking about a downtown location, because we have kids and want good schools and a safe environment. But, we would like something that feels like a real community where you can walk to parks, maybe a pool, at least a few restaurants, a local grocier, etc. We also don't want something totally cookie-cutter and suburban, meaning I don't want my house to look exactly the same as the one three doors down. Our budget is $450K and we want at least 4BR, 2BA, 2000 sq ft, and a good school district.

Are any of you aware of areas in Nashville that may fit my description?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2011, 09:24 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,060,622 times
Here are a few planned communities south of Nashville. Keep in mind that if they are planned communities, the homes will be somewhat similar. Your definition of cookie-cutter may vary.

McKays Mill | The place kids of all ages want to call home.

Westhaven : New Homes : Available Homes : Nashville, Brentwood, Franklin, Tn

Fieldstone Farms HOA - Welcome to Your Community Online

Your best online source for specific information on local homes for sale is RealTracs Real Estate Mid-South Property Finder. All of these communities are in Williamson County.

Old 05-28-2011, 09:33 AM

2,428 posts, read 5,555,192 times
All the ones Wmsn said plus Lenox Village.
I'm not as nice as she is, I don't have a link.

Old 05-28-2011, 10:16 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,060,622 times
You are so funny. I'll do your dirty work this time.

Tennessee New Homes & Town Homes, Home Builder for Columbia, Nashville, Cane Ridge, Smyrna, Murfreesboro, Tennessee. - Home page | Lenox Village

Kevin the Realtor had some really great things to say about Lenox Village in another thread last week.

"Have homeowner clients in Woodland Pointe now that love it and new homebuyers moving in soon who were pleasantly surprised by what they found for the money recently. Bell Road traffic isn’t always fun, but you do have the benefit of the lake, the airport, and close proximity to a number of new retail areas along I-40.

For your office locations, I do like the Granbery recommendation, but many people who start looking at Granbery also consider the Lenox Village neighborhood and surrounding communities like Bradford Hills, Holt Hills, and Barnes Cove. Some really good purchase prices in there lately and the newer Shane Elementary is getting good reviews.

BTW Lenox has turned out to be as good as advertised too; fantastic activity in the neighborhood."

Old 05-30-2011, 04:53 AM

85 posts, read 297,833 times
Thanks for the info. These are all good options. Westhaven, in particular, appears to be a great fit. What about the area surrounding Old Franklin. Would any of those homes be in my price range of $450K or less and at least 2000 sq ft? I love that area and would love to be within walking distance.

Old 05-30-2011, 12:15 PM

2,428 posts, read 5,555,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiskkm View Post
Thanks for the info. These are all good options. Westhaven, in particular, appears to be a great fit. What about the area surrounding Old Franklin. Would any of those homes be in my price range of $450K or less and at least 2000 sq ft? I love that area and would love to be within walking distance.
Downtown Franklin will have some in your price range, but they tend to be smaller cottage style homes or ranches. The larger homes downtown are pricey.

on realtracs look for Hincheyville or Historic Downtown.

Old 05-30-2011, 12:33 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,101,635 times
Oh, how funny! I, too, planned on moving to either Cincinnati OR Nashville and did a lot of research on both. Definitely more bang for your real estate dollar in Cincinnati BUT property taxes are higher. LOVE Hyde Park, Mariemont . . . . LOVE Cincinnati! But the traffic inside the circle (the highway circle around the city) can be BRUTAL. At least it seemed it to me. Nothing appropriate in Mariemont in my price range. Still have visions of winning the lottery and moving to Hyde Park . . .

There IS some kind of dividing line when you drive from one city to the other. Cincinnati feels more 'northern' (more like CT which is where we were moving from) and the weather is more Northern. Nashville just 'feels' more Southern. It's a bit more laid back to me. And we only had to wear a coat starting the day before Thanksgiving until maybe the end of February?

Haven't lived here long enough to help you in your search. I do enjoy downtown Franklin, though. Good luck! The good thing is, you can visit whichever city you don't move to on a weekend!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville