Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 11:23 AM

1 posts, read 3,400 times

Advertisements

We just moved to Hendersonville, Indian Lake area. I have done research all around Nashville and end up in Hendersonville are. Especially in Indian Lake area, they have very good school, a lot of shopping is coming up, house is afordable. Especially for school, I feel it is better than some of private school. They have smartbord in class, very challenging yet not too pushing. Comuting to Nashville takes only less than 30 min. We are very happy about our move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2008, 11:55 PM

66 posts, read 303,315 times
When you're looking for a home in the Hendersonville area, be sure and check out the neighborhoods off Gallatin Rd. north of Hendersonville up to Volunteer State Community College. There are some beautiful homes and new developments in this area.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:27 AM

187 posts, read 612,033 times
Default Creekside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southerner1 View Post
When you're looking for a home in the Hendersonville area, be sure and check out the neighborhoods off Gallatin Rd. north of Hendersonville up to Volunteer State Community College. There are some beautiful homes and new developments in this area.
We are right now seriously looking into a development called "Creekside At Station Camp", in Hendersonville. It has beautiful homes for just about every price range. If all works out we should be living in Hendersonville by July this year

Old 01-26-2008, 09:05 AM

4 posts, read 12,331 times
Default to Mom2three

We are from L.I. originally. Left in 87 to start our family. We now have 4 teenagers; life has evolved. Hendersonville is a very nice area and not too much of a culture shock from L.I. We think it is super-suburbia-usa like anywhere else. A lot less diverse than L.I. though. I used to work in the school sys as a sub (after volunteering my days away, they insisted I sign up to sub-I did against my better judgement-but it was a great experience). Back then (8 yrs ago) Little Beech was a great elementary school and had a nice staff who really liked children. After living in 6 states and experiencing many school districts we find that test scores while being important aren't everything--the staff has to really enjoy being with children and having that passion (not found everywhere). We find schools by narrowing down through test scoring research, then pray about it and visiting the schools, pray and ask for guidance. We have had success with this formula. Once our church and schools fall into place, the house is always there.

Old 01-26-2008, 06:44 PM

198 posts, read 802,136 times
I have been in Hendersonville since June, 2007. We love it! I am a teacher, and love the Sumner County school that I am in. My children are in two of the Hendersonville schools, and I (as a parent and teacher) am very pleased. People are very friendly and welcoming. There is no concern from the locals if you grew up here...they treat you like family regardless of where you are from.

Old 01-26-2008, 07:23 PM

77 posts, read 273,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pucabear View Post
I have been in Hendersonville since June, 2007. We love it! I am a teacher, and love the Sumner County school that I am in. My children are in two of the Hendersonville schools, and I (as a parent and teacher) am very pleased. People are very friendly and welcoming. There is no concern from the locals if you grew up here...they treat you like family regardless of where you are from.
Pucabear
My family and I are seriously considering a move their as soon as we can get our house sold. Do you mind telling us what area you live in and which schools your children are in?? The only school we have visited so far is Knox Doss Middle. We would be interested in the middle schools. Thanks.
Jengal

Old 01-26-2008, 07:30 PM

198 posts, read 802,136 times
My children go to Nannie Berry Elementary and Ellis Middle School. Ellis has a reputation of being very strict and it is an A+ school. My son loves the school and the expectations of the students are very clear.

Old 01-26-2008, 07:42 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times
I lived in Ct growing up. Have been in TN 10 years. Love it. Live in Hendersonville.

Hendersonville is a very safe town with a 400 acre lifestyle center just starting (housing, office space (1 mill sq ft at end), retail, good restaurants, etc.)

You could not pick a finer place to relo to. NO state income tax, and it is not going to change for a long time to come. Political 3rd rail; they tried 9 years ago, ALL voted out.

Very low property taxes, no car prop tax.

Hendersonville schools quite good. Nashville traffic mild vs cities of like size.

Old 01-26-2008, 11:47 PM

8 posts, read 40,049 times
Talking We are looking at Hendersonville too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2three View Post
My family and I are looking to relocate to Hendersonville in June of 2008. We have visited only once and absolutely loved it. We live on Long Island right now, and it is just getting worse and worse here (affordable housing, taxes, crime, ect.) Does anyone have any input on how the market has been in Hendersonville? Also I would love to hear any input from anyone else who has recently relocated to this area or anything anyone has to share about Hendersonville..good or bad.
Thanks
My husband just got an offer to move to TN to work in Nashville. We are from southern Indiana and I have lived here all my life. I am excited because it means a totally different lifestyle change for us. I wouldn't have to work and I could be home for my kids who are 12 and 16. My youngest isn't very happy at all. He is involved in alot of sports and has a couple of really close friends who live right down the road and they can just come over when they want. Although we will only be about 2 hours away from my family (which is just my brother and my mom and dad) it is a huge adjustment. I am divorced from my boys' father, so I will have to drive up to Indiana every other weekend. I guess we will adjust. My husband and I plan to take a trip to either Gallitan or Hendersonville and check it out. Best of luck to you!

Old 01-26-2008, 11:53 PM

8 posts, read 40,049 times
Default Does Hendersonville have all-year-round school?

We are looking to relocate maybe to Hendersonville and was wondering if the school systems go all year round. I don't like the idea of that. My kids are used to the traditional August through May calendar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville