Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 07:03 PM

254 posts, read 809,605 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I was interested in moving to the Cleveland Park area of TN? I know there
are quite a few locals who post and I was wondering what you guys think
of the area? I see that they have alot of renovated homes, which is what
I am looking for. What is the town like? How close to Nashville is it? Looks
like the coolest place.............Love to hear some feedback!
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2007, 11:18 PM

45 posts, read 166,316 times
Hi,
We're interested in this area too. It's part of East Nashville, a very cool area which we are pretty much priced out of. Cleveland Park is on the West side of Gallatin Road. There are some wonderful houses in there. The area is a mix of nice, not-so-nice and a little scary. We drove through it and looked at houses about a month ago and it was really variable, from block to block. There would be beautifully rehabbed houses, right next to really sketchy falling down homes with junk in the yard.

I have heard that crime and drugs continue to be an issue in this area, and that the police response isn't the best. Just hearsay; I'm no expert. IT's clearly a "transitional" neighborhood but for the right people with an adventurous attitude, it could be perfect and a great investment.

Old 05-21-2007, 11:44 PM

Thank-you Whithill. I like transition and maybe this is the place for me.
Of course, I'm not crazy about the crime and drugs. How prevelant are they?
I am planning a trip the second week in June, so I guess the only way is
to check it out. I saw some of the rehab houses for sale and they are
just the "coolest". Thank-you

Old 05-22-2007, 08:01 AM

Now that I reread your post I wonder if we're talking about the same place. The Cleveland Park I'm talking about is not its own town, but rather a neighborhood of East Nashville, right x the river from downtown. It's part of the city of Nashville so the question of how close it is to Nashville doesn't really apply. It's maybe a five minute drive right into downtown (if no traffic).

Is this the area you mean? Just find a Cleveland Park house for sale online and click on the map and you'll see where it is. There's an actual small park there.

As to crime -- I don't know the extent of it. You could call the Police Dept. and get the stats. Parts looked OK and parts looked pretty rundown. For instance, if you lived in Cleveland Park you probably would not be walking down the street to your local Starbucks if you know what I mean.

But that's a good thing! I have no doubt that cafes and such will be popping up in that area in the next few years, however, as more and more people take advantage of the low prices.

Old 05-22-2007, 03:31 PM

Yes, it is the Clevland Park area. I heard is was "iffy" but that it
up and coming. I guess I won't really be able to judge until I see
the area and what we are comfortable with. Thanks, again. You've
been a big help.

Old 05-28-2007, 02:22 PM

2 posts, read 20,179 times
Hi there,
I just came back from my trip to Nashville and I made an offer on a house in Cleveland park. What the others said about the area is true, but I am moving from Chicago and learning from my mistakes there. I should have bought in some of those types of Neighborhoods when I had the chance. Now they are worth a fortune. Not sure how well this area will perform but it is the most affordable place to live near downtown, and downtown was a lot of fun when I was there. Check out nashvillesmls.com if you have not already. It has great picks of the houses... just keep your eyes off of the red brick one on 2nd street, that one is soon to be mine. : )

Nick

Old 05-28-2007, 02:25 PM

2 posts, read 20,179 times
Oh, about the crime. You wont be taking any long walks at night. I drove around the area at 11:00PM Sunday night and it was pretty quiet but a few people wondering around. Lots of street lights and most yards were still lit with porch lights. I didn't feel uncomfortable but I do have a black lab and she is quite protective.

Old 05-30-2007, 07:30 AM

Hey Nico...

How did you find the house on 2nd street? Thru a realtor? How crazy/stressful was the experience of finding and bidding? We're about a month behind you...

Is your house renovated or are you going to dig in and do it yourself?
Just curious.
Whit Hill

Old 05-30-2007, 07:45 PM

Hi Nico,
Wow....Congratulations, I love the homes on second street. I saw a few I liked. I am going to Nashville the first weekend in July. There are about 5 homes I want to see if they are still on the market when I get there. Also,
do you have a job to come to when you move here? I don't have one to go to, so I am alittle nervous. I am a buyer so hopefully I can find something
in my field. Do you have a good realtor you could recommend? I know
when I go, I will probably fall in love with one of those houses...hey maybe
we'll end up being neighbors!
Thanks for the input!
Kimbey

Old 06-06-2007, 01:32 PM

34 posts, read 186,915 times
Default Cleveland Park

I am looking at Cleveland Park also.

You can see crime statistics here:

Nashville.gov - Police - East Patrol Sector

the latest statistics are from October 2006. Cleveland Park has the highest incidence of violent crime of any area in Nashville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville