Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 07:10 AM

23 posts, read 60,116 times

Advertisements

Yes, I was referring to Riverchase thank you for the information. The particular house I am interested in is on the 500 block of North 2nd... whats the story in that area. It seemed pretty nice since the majority of homes on Treutland(closest cross street) are either rennovated or new constructions, also the neighbors seem like they are a stable family with two young boys who I am guessing are homeowners since their home is in very good repair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2007, 07:42 AM

34 posts, read 186,955 times
The 1100 block of N 2nd St is very bad. I always avoid driving through that block.

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 11-29-2007 at 11:17 PM.. Reason: Let's leave out the racial component, please

Old 11-27-2007, 02:30 PM

150 posts, read 619,933 times
Default 500 block of N 2nd

As far as I know, that part of the neighborhood is pretty quiet with good neighbors. Treutland has several folks that are active in the McFerrin Park Neighborhood Association.

I have also heard that the situation around the 800 block has improved (not gone away, but gotten better). One of the reasons is likely that more homeowners are moving in and calling the police.

As someone on the east nashville listserv (East Nashville | Google Groups) recently said in response to a question about safety, "most of east nashville is fine, but we could always use another vigilant neighbor."

Old 11-27-2007, 05:23 PM

There is a very good house for sale at 1204 N 2nd St - just past the terrible 1100 block. It sold last year for over $100K, but is in foreclosure now and is on the MLS (922548) for $80,000.
It is an excellent value at that price, and would be a good home, but I'm afraid what's happening just down the street is going to scare away any potential homeowners.
If the price falls much lower I think it's going to be sold as rental property, which is going to contribute to the areas problems.

Old 11-28-2007, 09:33 AM

142 posts, read 638,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clifton View Post
The 1100 block of N 2nd St is very bad. I always avoid driving through that block.
it's the drug deals that are what I have a problem with.

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 11-29-2007 at 11:18 PM.. Reason: orphaned content

Old 11-30-2007, 11:05 AM

1 posts, read 2,736 times
Smile cleveland park

I have been searching for a home since October. I have been in the Cleveland Park/Oakwood Park area three times in the past 2 months. I really like the area, and have met residents that have lived there for years. I met one man that has lived in the area for 56 years(WOW!!). I met the president of the Cleveland Park Neighborhood Association and was amazed by the knowledge he has of the history in the area. I love the wide streets and diversity. I know this is an up and coming area; everytime I find something I love it is gone in the blink of an eye. I, too, have seen the "bad" areas and now know where NOT to look. This area will be beautiful in time. If you get there now you will see the rewards later.

I have read several of your responses to posts, and you seem to be very in tune to what is going on. I have noted everything you've said in hopes to finding "my home". I almost think you are a realtor because you know so much.

Any updates on what to watch will be most appreciated.

Old 11-30-2007, 11:40 AM

I don't think there is anything racist about saying black men are selling drugs on N 2nd St.

It's true. If there were scarey white men selling drugs I would say that, but they are not. They are black.

Just drive down the steet and see.

maybe I should just say there are scarey looking men selling drugs on N 2nd St

Old 11-30-2007, 02:33 PM

142 posts, read 638,153 times
I don't want to start anything, but originally the statement was to the effect of, "I've seen black men standing around" and that is what scared you.

As I stated before my post was edited (what's that about, anyway?), it's not the black men but the drug selling that should be the issue. I see black people standing around talking around the church close to my house sometimes...I don't have a problem with that...but I DO have a problem with the black people on N. 2nd who I've seen sell drugs multiple times.

Anyway...like I said...I don't wanna start anything...just thought your post deserved a response. It's possible/probable that's what you meant the whole time, and it seems so, per your follow up post.

Not sure why my post was edited though. I can understand the quote changing if it was retracted/reworded, but why edit my response? Unless I'm violating terms of agreement, my posts should only be edited by me. JMO.

Old 12-14-2007, 07:58 AM

if anyone's looking for a good house for rehab, here's one on Pennock - MLS 926627:

http://www.realtracs.com/MediaDispla...tingID=1085792

I think Pennock is a good street.

Old 12-19-2007, 08:10 AM

I have posted some pictures of the house I am working on here:

http://www.clevelandpark.smugmug.com/

last night I witnessed something very strange - and very scarey - in front of the house. I have felt guilty for not reporting everything I see over there, so I called the police. There was a shooting just a couple of houses away on Saturday morning.
I called the 862-8600 number, and after about 10 rings I got a recording that said they were experiencing heavy call volume, and I should call back later, or I could choose to hold but I should be aware there could be an "extensive" wait time. That was at 6:30. I called back at 9:00 and got the same recording, and again at 9:30 and got the recording.
I filled out the form on the internet this morning to report what I saw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville