Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 12:47 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,086,830 times

Advertisements

Cool! Take a pic! I'll probably watch it. Not much else on TV that I like these days.

I read where they are bringing back the Brady Bunch? Bobby grows up and has 6 kids of his own? Hmm, am I THAT desperate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2012, 05:02 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,738,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl2b= View Post
Cool! Take a pic! I'll probably watch it. Not much else on TV that I like these days.

I read where they are bringing back the Brady Bunch? Bobby grows up and has 6 kids of his own? Hmm, am I THAT desperate?
I sure hope not !!!

Old 08-02-2012, 05:35 PM

:sm ack:

Grapevine: CBS may bring 'Brady Bunch' back to television | The Detroit News | detroitnews.com

Old 08-02-2012, 09:24 PM

933 posts, read 2,741,221 times
Quote:

Didn't have a chance...I'll watch it, can't be any worse than "Bachelor Pad"...

Old 08-03-2012, 11:31 AM

701 posts, read 2,029,942 times
Will probably suck. I hope not though.

Old 08-27-2012, 01:16 PM

933 posts, read 2,741,221 times
Welcome to 'Nashville' | Nashville City Paper

Welcome to 'Nashville'

Monday, August 27, 2012 at 1:48pmBySteven Hale

(Michael W. Bunch/SouthComm)

If in recent weeks you’ve found yourself stuck in traffic beneath the Musica statue, idling behind a “Juliette Barnes” tour bus, then you already know: Nashville is here.
The ABC country music drama, coming this fall, stars Connie Britton as an aging country music legend, Hayden Panettiere as Barnes, country music’s new It Girl, and Powers Boothe as a powerful Nashville politician (oh, that it were so). The plot, of course, takes place in a fictional Music City. But unlike, say, ER, in which true Chicago was seen only in establishing shots, the title role here has not been outsourced. Nashville will be playing itself.

Last edited by Beretta; 10-06-2012 at 06:28 AM.. Reason: copyright, click on link for entire article

Old 08-28-2012, 09:28 AM

1,580 posts, read 2,896,154 times
Cool that they are filming in Nashville. It always adds so much texture to a production when it is filmed on location.

Old 09-03-2012, 10:09 AM

Just saw in the paper over the weekend that Kimberly Williams-Paisley will be on the show for a 7 episode arc. Wonder if Brad will make a cameo?

Old 09-09-2012, 01:33 AM

1,316 posts, read 3,903,549 times
Quote:
Here's the scoop!

The Scoop: Nashville

http://cdn.beta.abc.com/service/imag...jpg?cb=30732.0

Chart-topping Rayna James (Connie Britton) is a country legend who's had a career any singer would envy, though lately her popularity is starting to wane. Fans still line up to get her autograph, but she's not packing the arenas like she used to. Rayna's record label thinks a concert tour, opening for up-and-comer Juliette Barnes (Hayden Panettiere), the young and sexy future of country music, is just what Rayna needs. But scheming Juliette can't wait to steal Rayna's spotlight. Sharing a stage with that disrespectful, untalented, little vixen is the last thing Rayna wants to do, which sets up a power struggle for popularity. Could the undiscovered songwriting talent of Scarlett O'Connor (Clare Bowen) be the key to helping Rayna resurrect her career?

Complicating matters, Rayna's wealthy but estranged father, Lamar Hampton (Powers Boothe), is a powerful force in business, Tennessee politics, and the lives of his two grown daughters. His drive for power results in a scheme to back Rayna's handsome husband, Teddy, in a run for Mayor of Nashville, against Rayna's wishes.

Nashville stars Connie Britton (Friday Night Lights, American Horror Story) as Rayna, Hayden Panettiere (Heroes) as Juliette, Powers Boothe (MacGruber, 24) as Lamar, Charles Esten (Enlightened, Big Love) as Deacon, Eric Close (Chaos, Without a Trace) as Teddy, Clare Bowen as Scarlett, Jonathan Jackson (General Hospital) as Avery, Sam Palladio as Gunnar and Robert Wisdom as Coleman.

Nashville was written by Callie Khouri (Thelma & Louise) who is an executive producer along with R.J. Cutler (The September Issue, The War Room, A Perfect Candidate) and Steve Buchanan. The pilot for Nashville was directed by R.J. Cutler. The series is produced by Lionsgate, ABC Studios and Gaylord Entertainment.
sounds perfectly dreadful....then again I wasn't expecting Downtown Abbey meets Nashville but THAT wouldda been fun!

Old 09-09-2012, 01:36 AM

1,316 posts, read 3,903,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund_Burke View Post
I long for the John sayles type of storytelling or the work of David Simon.
MAtt Weiner from Mad Men could take a whack at it too...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville