Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2013, 09:10 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
Well, I didn't see that coming!!
IKR!

Don't like Gunnar's hair, torn about Avery getting back with Scarlett, but I LOVE the Deacon/Maddie storyline possibilities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2013, 09:12 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,983,147 times
Damn...I missed it...show got replaced with breaking weather reports.
We have tornadoes here right now.

Old 05-15-2013, 09:18 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,091,879 times
Sorry about the tornadoes . . you can watch it online at ABC.com tomorrow (or on iPhone, iPad . . . ). I did NOT see that coming either. Kept thinking about the explosion . . . . Juliette looked very vulnerable in that last shot. Poor kid.

I don't like Gunnar's hair either . . too much scruff on his face, too. They HAVE to continue to film it here in Nashville (Oh I am greedy aren't I????)

Old 05-16-2013, 06:36 AM

620 posts, read 1,839,001 times
Exciting episode - after last night things could go in any direction - I liked how Avery looked at Scarlett on stage - a reconcilliation possibly?? Didn't like Gunnar's hair either but guess that is how they wanted him portrayed - I liked the sweet singing Gunnar much better~

Old 05-16-2013, 07:12 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,091,879 times
I think the whisk that was brought back to the dressing room for Scarlett was from Avery. They set it up in the "Here's what happened last week" intro. I was surprised that Dante was in town. The last we saw he was flying somewhere with the real estate agent, right? Did I miss him flying back???? Interesting if Scarlett rejects the "bad boy" version of Gunnar to go back to the real "bad boy" Avery?

We like bad boys, though, don't we????

Old 05-16-2013, 09:26 AM

4,344 posts, read 4,721,445 times
Awe, in his heart Avery isn't a real bad boy.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:10 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,901,228 times
Very dark episode last night, with the exception of Scarlett's successful debut at the Opry. For many of the characters, the decisions and events of the past continue to impact their lives many years later, most notably with Rayna, Deacon, and Maddy, but also with Will, Jolene - oh, Jolene! - and in reference to the more recent past, Gunnar.

This episode certainly didn't lack for drama, yet the writers and directors managed to weave it all together in believable fashion.

What will become of Juliette? She's still lashing out, was falling into depression prior to her mother's terrible death, and feels incapable of being loved. Is Rayna going to have enough mothering left after her upcoming crisis with Maddy to help Juliette? Would Juliette be remotely open to such "mothering"? That CMA award isn't going to mean one thing to Juliette now...is she capable of real self-examination and positive change, or is she going to follow her mother's tumultuous path?

Minor spoilers: next week's episode should include a memorial gathering for Jolene (I think it's Jolene) at The Bluebird, along with a burial scene, again most likely for Jolene. There's also the CMA awards - plus that explosion. Again, I am in awe of the abilities of the writers, directors and cast in pulling it all together and making it convincing.

I'm going to miss "Nashville" this summer...

Old 05-16-2013, 12:10 PM

Do you think Rayna and Deacon's relationship will unwind when he finds out he's the father of Maddie? Isn't looking good all around. I sort of hope Avery and Scarlet get back together - could be interesting there. Didn't ever see the romantic side with Gunnar too much but they were a great duet especially in the beginning of the show.
I agree CC - I love summer (esp. living here) but nonetheless it is going to be a long one without my weekly ritual; Nashville

Old 05-16-2013, 01:09 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,901,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suecen View Post
Do you think Rayna and Deacon's relationship will unwind when he finds out he's the father of Maddie? Isn't looking good all around. I sort of hope Avery and Scarlet get back together - could be interesting there. Didn't ever see the romantic side with Gunnar too much but they were a great duet especially in the beginning of the show.
I agree CC - I love summer (esp. living here) but nonetheless it is going to be a long one without my weekly ritual; Nashville
Online spoilers and clues indicate that Deacon is going to fall off the wagon - hard - but it's not clear what causes his fall, though I'd expect Maddie to somehow be involved. Perhaps Rayna tells Deacon she can no longer be with him, in response to his intense anger and unforgiving blame about being kept in the dark for all of Maddie's life?? Maddie will show up on Deacon's doorstep to ask him if she is his daughter, probably just before Deacon loses it. There's another online account of Deacon trashing his house, while Coleman and another cast member - Gunnar? Avery? - try to stop him.

And there's also an elaborate funeral home scene starring Jolene...whom I think is going to appear on next week's conclusion in a flash-back, as a result of Juliette finding a letter Jolene has left behind. Not clear yet if it's a suicide note, or if Jolene's death was accidental...

Addiction - of various kinds - seems to play a very significant role in "Nashville"

Old 05-16-2013, 03:28 PM

Exactly - Deacon will have felt so betrayed (and who wouldn't?) that he was never told that he had a daughter and missed time with her even though it seems like he always in some way has been around the daughters; but this is a different thing altogether.
Do we have one more episode before final or is next week's final??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville