Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 08:43 AM

11 posts, read 19,656 times

Advertisements

We will be coming from NY for the CMA Fest. I know it is late, but we sort of decided last minute. We bought our tickets. Now hotels and parking are the issues. Obviously every hotel within walking distance is booked. Hotels that are 20 minutes away or so by driving are vacant and reasonably priced. We would rather take some sort of public transportation rather than dealing with parking and not being able to drink and then drive. I thought the train, but then saw that it doesn’t run late into the night or on the weekends. Is this accurate?
Anyone have any suggestions on the best way to get to the LP stadium, without driving? Buses, taxi’s. I know there is a free shuttle but they make it seem like that just loops around downtown….

Thanks in advance……
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2013, 09:07 AM

126 posts, read 327,105 times
Look on airbnb.com for a rental in the East Nashville area which would be the closest to the stadium. You can ride the bus to LP field ..good luck

Old 04-15-2013, 11:25 AM

6,662 posts, read 13,336,011 times
mlp's suggestion is good if you can find something suitable. I know several people going that route...so I have a feeling those will be pretty pricey or booked (if close).

This is the system map for MTA routes. If you find a hotel available, you can check its address and see if there is a route close by. Here is a link to the individual route schedules.

*General warning*...if you are planning to use a bus, the routes closer to the city are more frequent and run later. Most buses do not run late night...so if you're going to be out after midnight, you will have to take a cab. If you can't find anything close to downtown, it might work out to take the bus into town for the event, and take a cab back to the hotel. Just be warned that cabs here can get expensive...to the point where it may be cheaper to pay a bit more if you can stay closer to town.

lol...just checking the hotel prices. $587/night to stay at the Holiday Inn Express downtown. Holy hell.

You might try calling one of the airport area hotels (a number of them have shuttles) and ask if they have any sort of transportation set up for CMA Fest. It's a long shot, but who knows?

Old 04-15-2013, 11:45 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,091,879 times
Staying at the airport is NOT a bad idea . . . you can take the hotel's airport shuttle to the Airport and then Bus #18 into Nashville.

Here is the info:

Nashville MTA Airport Service - Bus service to Nashville airport, take the bus to BNA, Nashville airport and MTA, Route 18 Airport/Downtown Hotels

Only problem is the latest City to Airport bus is at 10:15.

Old 04-15-2013, 01:24 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,473,389 times
I concur on calling around some of the larger outskirt hotels and asking them if they offered any kind of shuttle service. Opryland Hotel has a shuttle service to 2nd Avenue. While I'm sure Opryland Hotel will be/is booked that week, the nearby Ramada Inn that is run by the same group that runs the Opryland Hotel might not be booked. I am nearly positive they run shuttles to the big Opryland Hotel from the Ramada. Then you could catch the downtown shuttle from the Opryland Hotel to downtown.

Otherwise, I'd just pay for cabs if you didn't want to drive. That might be the easiest thing to do anyways.

Old 04-15-2013, 09:08 PM

3,049 posts, read 3,317,957 times
Nashville MTA Trip Planner - plan a bus trip, bus departure times, bus arrival times

The MTA/ Google planner can be your guide to using the bus to LP Field. You can try a hotel in the Vandyland area, then walk over to LP field. some of the outlying hotels may be adjacent to park & ride lots where you can park free. You would have to watch schedule to be sure to catch the last bus.

The circuit bus is mostly downtown but should go to the Music City Center. This is a MTA bus depot where all the routes come together. There may also be a bus from MCC to LP.

The Music City star is only good for daytime commuting & Friday nite. You could check on the Lebanon bus. IIRC that bus also uses some of the MCS park & ride lots.

Old 06-01-2016, 08:21 AM

28 posts, read 29,176 times
Im staying near the airport for CMA Fest and curious if anyone knows of round about uber rates from that area to downtown? Im sure prices will be surging just haven't ever used it in an actual metropolitan area to have any idea what we should be expecting to pay?

Old 06-01-2016, 08:23 AM

28 posts, read 29,176 times
OP, I've been going to cmafest for the past few years and have never worried about transportation actually to LP. Once we get downtown, we usually just join the masses and walk to the stadium.

Old 06-01-2016, 12:29 PM

4,344 posts, read 4,722,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornRaisedInSouthDetroit View Post
Im staying near the airport for CMA Fest and curious if anyone knows of round about uber rates from that area to downtown? Im sure prices will be surging just haven't ever used it in an actual metropolitan area to have any idea what we should be expecting to pay?

Anywhere from $15-25 between downtown and the airport.

Be sure to also set up a Lyft account so you have lots of options.

Old 06-01-2016, 03:57 PM

1,584 posts, read 2,085,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornRaisedInSouthDetroit View Post
OP, I've been going to cmafest for the past few years and have never worried about transportation actually to LP. Once we get downtown, we usually just join the masses and walk to the stadium.
Just nitpicking because I feel I should, but it's not LP Field anymore, it's Nissan Stadium.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville