Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 03:52 PM

24 posts, read 32,056 times

Advertisements

All these quotes are interesting. Hubby doesn't want to take everything. I don't either. He's talking of getting one of those boxes that get dropped off in your driveway, you load it and they store it at their location until you have a final destination for it. That quote was $2500. then $179 a month for rental.

We'll be doing some shopping around. I'd rather have a mover do it. So we'll see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2014, 05:11 AM

362 posts, read 645,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susie0808 View Post
All these quotes are interesting. Hubby doesn't want to take everything. I don't either. He's talking of getting one of those boxes that get dropped off in your driveway, you load it and they store it at their location until you have a final destination for it. That quote was $2500. then $179 a month for rental.

We'll be doing some shopping around. I'd rather have a mover do it. So we'll see.
We were thinking Pods at first but we have so much stuff and nice furnishings. I could never replace what I have for even $20,000. Besides I'd rather put that money towards an inground pool if the house we purchase doesn't have one.

We have allied coming in this morning. Wheatley came in the other day and it seems we might go with them. We have a friend in the business. He went over our contract that Wheatley supplied and even called the owner who use to work for him. It was great because while we were at our friends office he gave me 100 pounds of news paper, tons of mirror/artwork boxes, dish boxes, and tons of large boxes for clothing. I was just about to purchase so e more supplies too.

So I'll let you know what allied quotes for us.

In the meantime, packing up so many donation bags everyday and I still feel like we have so much.

All have estimated our belongings around 11,000 pounds with approximately 240 pieces (that includes boxes and furniture)

Old 01-13-2014, 09:24 PM

24 posts, read 32,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi shots View Post
We were thinking Pods at first but we have so much stuff and nice furnishings. I could never replace what I have for even $20,000. Besides I'd rather put that money towards an inground pool if the house we purchase doesn't have one.

We have allied coming in this morning. Wheatley came in the other day and it seems we might go with them. We have a friend in the business. He went over our contract that Wheatley supplied and even called the owner who use to work for him. It was great because while we were at our friends office he gave me 100 pounds of news paper, tons of mirror/artwork boxes, dish boxes, and tons of large boxes for clothing. I was just about to purchase so e more supplies too.

So I'll let you know what allied quotes for us.

In the meantime, packing up so many donation bags everyday and I still feel like we have so much.

All have estimated our belongings around 11,000 pounds with approximately 240 pieces (that includes boxes and furniture)

Oh I completely agree about the pool!!! Husband wants one of those too! Your friend really helped out with supplies big time. That stuff can be costly.

10 yrs ago I had to get a uhaul to transport my moms things from FL to NY. We looked into other services but my husband really wanted us to do it. So I agreed. We rented a truck $600 for 7 days... and loaded it up ourselves. Now we packed it and unloaded it too. Alot of work and not a scratch. Mom has alot of special pieces that I will not part with.

I always wondered about how these movers can estimate weight on our furniture. 11,000 pounds sounds like alot. How many rooms is that... if you don't mind me asking. Is 240 boxes alot? I can't imagine what I would need.

Last edited by susie0808; 01-13-2014 at 09:26 PM.. Reason: adding
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville