Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 10:01 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,333,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdscott View Post
What didn't you like about Burger Up nashvols? Burgers had a "natural" taste to them to me, but hey, my taste buds are used to fast-food burgers lol.

I like Edley's alot too on 12 South. Always packed when we're over there.
The burgers weren't bad...just nothing special IMO. I like that they use fresh ingredients...but at the end of the day, it's just an expensive backyard grill burger to me.

Burger Republic, IMO, has more creative and flavorful creations, as well as better atmosphere, better service, and better side benefits (shakes, beer, etc).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2014, 05:37 AM

569 posts, read 1,425,435 times
I also don't love Burger Up. They are good but I think there are better burgers in Nashville.

Old 05-20-2014, 06:24 AM

265 posts, read 488,119 times
Tried Burger Up, and while good, wasn't amazing (though I have a special place in my heart for the truffle fries). The Pharmacy burger was delicious, but again, nothing to write home about. BUT--if you're in Nashville and want a decent burger, they are both solid options. I've heard Burger Republic is also quite good, but haven't eaten there myself.

I DO recommend Fogata's on Nolensville Pike. The best -- hands down-- Mexican food I have had living in either Atlanta or Nashville. Still not like I could get in Chicago (or in Texas or CA), but definitely a delicious meal.

Agree also that most Asian restaurants miss the mark. Until this past week, I would have said that Peter's Sushi/Thai in Brentwood was always a solid win, but this time, the food was -- meh. Definitely would not order the pad thai again, and my dinner date's meal was also not well done. The lack of decent Asian restaurants has actually been beneficial--we learned how to cook some amazing Asian meals at home, and the K&S store on Nolensville Pk. has all the hard-to-locate ingredients. Much more satisfying than any place we've tried around town.

Old 05-20-2014, 08:07 AM

933 posts, read 2,742,475 times
Best burger in Nashville is at Edgefield Sports Bar on Woodland. Dive bar deliciousness. They grind the beef right before cooking. Actually all the food is great their. I can't believe they do not get more write ups...this is the real deal dive bar smoke and all...

Old 05-20-2014, 09:04 AM

1,183 posts, read 2,145,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yank283 View Post
Best burger in Nashville is at Edgefield Sports Bar on Woodland. Dive bar deliciousness. They grind the beef right before cooking. Actually all the food is great their. I can't believe they do not get more write ups...this is the real deal dive bar smoke and all...
Edgefield's chicken sandwich is possibly the best I've ever had.

Old 05-20-2014, 10:23 AM

4,344 posts, read 4,721,445 times
Pretty good burgers at Drifters in EN.

Asian food in Nashville - very sad. Though Lucky Bamboo on W. Charlotte now does hot pot. Ginger Thai (off Thompson Lane) is the best Thai I've found so far. Better than the Elephant IMO. Is the anywhere here who does Hunan style?

Old 05-20-2014, 11:04 AM

136 posts, read 210,823 times
I did not care for Burger Up either, and as I recall we had to ask for real ketchup rather than the homemade concoction they made.

Have yet to find decent Chinese. I don't know how anybody thinks PF Changs is authentic.

The Palm - Overrated.
Midtown Café - I say overrated, my husband likes it.

I actually like Sweet Ce Ce's - I think Franklin Main Street would be lost without it as an anchor.

personally, I think the smokies are overrated as a vacation spot - but I am glad other people go there because it keeps the other hiking trails empty

Old 05-20-2014, 11:11 AM

584 posts, read 1,136,532 times
Chinese - we like Chings in Westhaven

Old 05-20-2014, 12:42 PM

933 posts, read 2,742,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steindle View Post
Edgefield's chicken sandwich is possibly the best I've ever had.
I'll also have to agree with your earlier post about Mitchell's Deli in Riverside Village/Inglewood. Great sandwiches and a really good brunch for either the same cost or not much more than a place like Jersey Mike's or Firehouse Subs. Fat Bottom's Burger (and food) is also very good.

Old 05-20-2014, 01:58 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,472,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yank283 View Post
Fat Bottom's Burger (and food) is also very good.
Fat Bottom's food always seems far superior than their beer to me.

Since we got on an underrated kick, I'll toss in: Nashville International Airport as being underrated. I'm sure everyone who flies often has a story of woe and/or disappointment from BNA (or any airport), but I find BNA to be a very good airport. Easy to navigate, decent-for-an-airport selection of food, fairly fast moving security, great selection of destinations and carriers, and the airport makes a conscious effort to be different through art projects and live music. For a city our size, I think we could do faaaar worse than BNA. I often find myself pleasantly surprised, especially compared to other airports across the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville