Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 06:38 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times

Advertisements

Had they obeyed the laws of the land, they would not have been arrested. I worry over what other laws they feel they can break, given their influence on young minds.

Old 02-21-2008, 08:22 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,029,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Had they obeyed the laws of the land, they would not have been arrested. I worry over what other laws they feel they can break, given their influence on young minds.
Nobody, including you or me, follows every law to the letter 100% of the time.

If a financial planner was busted for solicitation meaning that, according to your logic, he feels he is above the law, is that not just as worrisome considering the influence he has on other people's livelihoods?

What if it was a CPA, who has the sole responsibility to keep your business's books kosher with Uncle Sam? Would it not worry you if that person felt he was impervious to our legal system?

What about the construction worker who built the deck that supports your family 20 feet in the air? Shouldn't he be expected to be above board?

Yet these professions aren't singled out for public denigration like teachers are. Simply put, an educator's job is to make sure his or her students reach a certain level of proficiency in a certain subject by year's end, nothing more, just like a financial advisor's job is to help people make smart decisions with their money, not be their mentor or role model.

Nobody should be expected to be a saint 100% of the time because of their chosen profession.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:51 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
In Florida, if you walk down the street, they assume you're a prostitute. No kidding.

More guys stop than drive by and all of them look "upscale."

Just food for thought.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:10 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,632,725 times
Holy crap! I just now clicked on that link and saw the pix. One of those guys was my son's drum teacher! Yikes, there goes his business. What a shame, he's a very talented musician. Stupid move, buddy.

Old 03-19-2008, 11:14 PM

510 posts, read 1,459,860 times
I hope you all don't mind if I comment on this even though I'm not in TN?

I happened to find this only by chance (Pimpy and I were on the Political threads together) and I checked for his/her posts and found this topic.

I cannot believe they posted those guys pics like that. AND their names AND their cities. They may just s well as givien out their addresses and SS#s. Do they do they same for the prostitutes so some sick rapist can stalk and rape her and then claim he paid her for it!?

For what reason other than to embarrass them...but also their wives and children. I KNOW some will say "well, they shouldn't have done it..." BUT! what does that have to do with their kids having to be humiliated like that? Can you imagine being a wife and having NO idea and then seeing on the front page like that? Jesus, that is so wrong. I guess getting a phone call from the police informing the wife wouldn't be humiliating enough, eh?

If anybody thinks this tactic is really okay, I sure hope you never get a call from your daughter or sister crying and telling you her husband's photo is sprawled all over the front page of YOUR local paper.

The ONLY real reason it's illegal is that the local government makes SO much money off it. Fines, they take people's cars,...they do all kinds of stuff. It is ALL about money as you never hear about anybody spending time in jail for it, do you?

I don't know we don't just regulate it like lots of countries do.

I used to watch this one news reporter up in Detroit, but I can't anymore because he got this hair up his butt one summer and went undercover with the cops and was busting guys in local hotel rooms. These men were WEEPING. One was a recently divorced man who was begging not to show his face because he didn't want his kids to see. Does anybody think his ex wife ever used THAT against him?

Anyway, thanks for letting me visit. Seeing those guys faces just reminded me of that guy weeping on TV and I will never get that out of my mind.

Too bad law enforcement doesn't spend all their extra time trying to catch pedophiles and rapists.

Old 01-28-2009, 11:37 PM

1 posts, read 6,594 times
These guys knew what they were doing, risk and all. They made their beds, now they must sleep in them. Feel compassionate for them if you care too, fact is, they created their reality by their thoughts and their actions. They reap what they sow. The law of attraction has nothing to do with what you think is right or wrong. It is what it is, a law that you can't get around or bend the rules. And the laws in our community are there for a reason. Break them if you will, but if you do, your subject to be accounted for them. You don't have to like them, but you do have to obey them.....or pay the price. :-)

Old 01-29-2009, 07:23 AM

50 posts, read 199,059 times
I hate to say it but this is the oldest profession we are talking about here, the bottom line is people will always pay for sex, people will always gamble, people will always do drugs, people will drink, people will smoke cigarettes. Everyone has a vice and the ones who say they don't are the ones to watch out for! You will never have a society that is void of these things...and to be quite honest I think that a "perfect" Utopian society would be boring as hell. I think the rest of the country needs to take a lesson from Nevada. People will pay for sex, bottom line; you might as well give them a clean disease free woman or man ha-ha and just tax their asses. I hate to say it but the same goes for all those other vices as well, but that's a whole other can of worms I don't feel like opening this morning!

~Riot Pirate~

Old 01-29-2009, 08:01 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,632,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunvixen View Post
I hope you all don't mind if I comment on this even though I'm not in TN?

If anybody thinks this tactic is really okay, I sure hope you never get a call from your daughter or sister crying and telling you her husband's photo is sprawled all over the front page of YOUR local paper.

Yes, there are worse crimes for the police to investigate, but does that mean all others should go unchecked? Laws are passed for a reason.

As for your comment above, I think you'd be FAR more concerned that your sister's husband was cheating on her than seeing his picture in the paper.

Old 01-29-2009, 08:06 AM

274 posts, read 762,051 times
Educators, for whatever reason, are held to a higher standard. Maybe it is because they are an example to so many young people. They are expected to maintain high moral standards....at least this is what I see in the area I live in..I am sure it is the same...It is like the teacher that was posing very provocatively and posting it on a webpage...just not a great example for kids...

Old 01-29-2009, 08:13 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,497,441 times
Just wondering why someone signed up today just to comment on this one old thread. Hmmm...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville