Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2007, 09:49 PM

45 posts, read 166,409 times

Advertisements

So... the feeling I'm getting is that the area around TSU is not good? This is strange -- I thought any area around a university would be primo. you know, a Starbucks on every corner. Is this area turning around? There are affordable houses all over the place! I want one. I think?

then I hear all this stuff about Buena Vista being the new hot area. There's been a listing for a cheap, cute, old house in the MLS for months and months that says the area will be upgraded with "historic streetlamps" or "brick sidewalks" or something in the "next 60 days". What does this even mean? Does the City of Nashville do this kind of thing?

We'll know more next time we go down for another scouting trip, but thought I'd ask...

Great forum. Learning lots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2007, 12:23 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,213,753 times
The area around TSU and Hadley Park isn't the worst area in Nashville, but it's certainly not the best either.

There has been some gradual improvements in the north Nashville area in the past few years. The current mayor's campaign slogan was "the sidewalk mayor" because he was going to make a commitment to upgrade sidewalks and greenbelts and that sort of thing. There has been quite a few projects like that; it wouldn't surprise me if they put in new street lights and paving, although I don't know anything specific. I haven't heard anything about Buena Vista being the "hot new area".

Old 03-25-2007, 06:46 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,742,391 times
Neither have I.

Old 03-25-2007, 09:16 PM

45 posts, read 166,409 times

Well, not that I believe everything I read in the MLS, but the above listing was where I heard about Buena Vista being the next big thing...

FYI, it's been listed like this, unchanged, for many months. Sure looked intriguing, but after a while...

Old 03-26-2007, 09:13 PM

64 posts, read 320,933 times
I think your clue is "been listed for months." If it was so hot, why is it still available?

There's this long road that intersects with Buena Vista called Trinity Lane. Over the past several years, the city has widened the street (4 lanes instead of 2), installed tall light poles and paved sidewalks from I-65 to Clarksville Hwy. The street has some older houses, a number of them vacant and boarded up, but the most notable thing is all the vacant lots. I envision, one day, that street is going to be highly developed. It's a main street, near hwys and minutes from downtown. WHEN that might happen is anyone's guess, but a developer could have a field day on that road. Someone did build a $400,000 house on a tall hill. The view is panoramic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville