Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 05:20 PM

1,080 posts, read 4,586,384 times

Advertisements

I think we've found an apt. for daughter going to Volunteer State CC,
"Silverwood Apt" most apartments in the area want only part-time students
for leasing, in other words they want students to work so they don't get stuck with lossing rent money.

I was told it is about 6 mins. away from the school.........anyone know anything about this apt. complex? Went to AAA to get maps/area informaton
and looked and only 4 restaurants listed in AAA.......there has to be more than that? I heard Applebee's was there, any other restaurants?
Was told only 2 hotels? I would appreciate any information about the area.

Thanks.......Songbird42
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2007, 06:00 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,210,133 times
You might go to switchboard.com and look for various type of businesses in that zip code. I'm sure there's more than four restaurants in Gallatin too.

Old 08-13-2007, 06:19 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,741,047 times
I'm sure there are, there's at least 4 or 5 restaurants near Wal-mart, and others closer to town.

Old 08-13-2007, 06:25 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,741,047 times
Silverwoods Apts are beyond Wal-mart, just on the other side of the overpass for Route 109. Its probably about 10 minutes from Vol State, give or take.

There are a few hotels near Wal-mart. I think the closest Applebee's is in Hendersonville.

Old 08-14-2007, 06:57 PM

16 posts, read 78,467 times
I grew up in Gallatin and still have family there. There are LOTS of restaurants within a few miles of the apartment you selected and Vol State. Off the top of my head, there is Chik Fil A, Zaxby's, O'Charleys, Logan's Roadhouse, Cracker Barrel, Wendy's, Longhorn Steaks, Chile's, McDonalds, Starbucks, Marble Slab Creamery Ice Cream, McAllister's Deli, a donut place, several Mexican places. In addition, a new Publix directly across from Vol State, and there is a Walgreen's and a Wal-Mart both close by.

Gallatin is growing very fast and the area where the college is located is seeing some of the fastest growth. There are many new subdivisions being developed (with million dollar homes) in the area. Nashville's Parade of Homes was just held there at the Hunt Club subdivision.

Like I said, I grew up there and my stepmother works at Vol State, so PM me if you have more questions.

Old 08-18-2007, 03:37 PM

Default Is there........

A hospital in Gallatin? Walk-in clinics for medical care? The reason I'm asking is my daughter is in the hospital right now, hot appendix and won't be to the school for opening day the 27th, I doubt if she will be up to traveling by then. Now I'm a nervous nelly and anxious that she'll be 700 miles away

Does the area have good medical care?.........Thanks

Old 08-18-2007, 03:45 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,210,133 times
Nashville has great medical facilities and it's not that far from Gallatin. I'm not sure what medical care is available in Gallatin itself; but it's probably adequate for most minor emergencies.

Old 08-19-2007, 10:24 AM

16 posts, read 78,467 times
Yes, there are two excellent hospitals in Sumner County, Sumner Regional in Gallatin and Hendersonville Hospital in Hendersonville. Skyline Medical is a short drive down to Madison, and Nashville is the HEALTH CARE capital of the US, so excellent hospitals are plentiful.

Old 08-24-2007, 11:30 PM

256 posts, read 888,687 times
i go to vol-state they are many places to eat there.....it really just depends on what you like.......I also go to the dr located in the next bld of sumner..they are great.......ur more than welcome to pm about anything

Old 08-26-2007, 10:47 AM

Default Looking for apt. for full time college students

I'm out of state and my daughter has a scholarship to go to Volunteer State,
problem is there is not one apt. complex that will rent to a full time student
they want part time students with jobs, I've called every apt. complex in Gallatin, and even offered to co-sign the lease and pay 6 months in advance and they won't do it. There are 6 girls that need two apts. 3/2.........
The school won't help us.......they knew these kids were coming from out of state, I'm at my wits end, I'm suppose to leave Tues. for Gallatin and I can't afford to put my daugher up in a hotel for the school year, that's not going to be an option. Anyone out there have any suggestions? Maybe I should look outside Gallatin..........don't know the area, this is our first trip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville