Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2013, 10:39 AM

6,904 posts, read 7,605,159 times

Advertisements

A friend of mine whose husband is a park ranger at the Katmai National Park on the Aleutian Islands took a group of high school students over to Kamchatka. She said it is beautiful and the people are friendly.

Do you get many tourists there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2013, 08:16 PM

3,102 posts, read 5,618,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
A friend of mine whose husband is a park ranger at the Katmai National Park on the Aleutian Islands took a group of high school students over to Kamchatka. She said it is beautiful and the people are friendly.

Do you get many tourists there?
Hi!Yes Kamchatka many Tourists often visited by cruise ships from England,Japan,Korea ,the USA and Holland . But,the weather in Kamchatka unpredictable ,is not always possible tourist show all what they want. Although they are satisfied with the fact that seen even in near town. When you consider that over the city on both sides of several groups of volcanoes . In General in Kamchatka over 300 volcanoes . Of them 31 operating . 14 thousand rivers and 100 thousand lakes and waterfalls . Many mineral and thermal springs. River ,ocher very clean and the water is even useful. This is the only place in the world where you can find all kinds of salmon . But still in very large quantities and large size.
Kamchatka is a very safe city. The people are friendly . They love the tourists and you will find someone who speaks English or Japanese well.I couple of weeks ago, went on the Mutnovsky volcano .The thermal springs ,where there is a thermal power station, the biggest in the world . Nearby there is a hotel ,it is always full . There I met a guy from Canada (Toronto) .As for the city - it is not beautiful - It was built without a plan However, the view on Avachinskayay Guba very beautiful from almost anywhere in the city.. But,the new districts of the city beautiful and modern. The prices are rather large,3 times higher than in Moscow.

Old 10-03-2013, 10:04 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,391,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
Here are some photosIn Kamchatka by the way the most calm and large brown bears.
Awesome pictures. I'll have to come back and look at them when it's not so late.

Old 10-04-2013, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Awesome pictures. I'll have to come back and look at them when it's not so late.
Thank you! This photo is a local photographer friend.to see the nature here is not to walk away from the city. It is even visible within the city.
Here for example is the view from the window of one of my apartments.Not so pretty, but the fresh sea air existents.(And 5 minutes walk from the house.)
Attached Thumbnails
Tell me your nature observations!-1.jpg   Tell me your nature observations!-1-1-.jpg   Tell me your nature observations!-1-2-.jpg   Tell me your nature observations!-1-3-.jpg   Tell me your nature observations!-1-4-.jpg  

Tell me your nature observations!-.jpg   Tell me your nature observations!-4.jpg   Tell me your nature observations!-.jpeg   Tell me your nature observations!-.jpeg  

Last edited by GreyKarast; 10-04-2013 at 04:07 AM..

Old 10-04-2013, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
I found these caterpillars snacking on my parsley yesterday evening.
beautiful

Old 10-04-2013, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Seal escapes hungry killer whale by running ashore. It's good to have options others don't have.
She wants them to eat? We have a lot of both of those. And killer whales and sea lions and seals. Near the gate Avachinskaya lips constantly swim and whole families live. Sometimes they come in Avachinskayay Guba. When I went to sea on a fishing trawler super, sometimes these poor things caught in trawl. Ladies and gentlemen, there are people here from Montana? It is very beautiful.

Old 10-04-2013, 05:01 AM

Kolor lol
Attached Thumbnails
Tell me your nature observations!-3.jpeg   Tell me your nature observations!-.jpeg  

Old 10-04-2013, 06:52 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,550,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
Kolor lol
That fellow looks quite satisfied with life doesn't he? I wish that we were all so comfortable in our lives and their surroundings.

Old 10-04-2013, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
That fellow looks quite satisfied with life doesn't he? I wish that we were all so comfortable in our lives and their surroundings.
Hi!Yes,I Agree with You! They are completely satisfied,there's so much, salmon ,flounder,shrimp and crabs . although honestly don't know they feed on crabs or not. They often on the piers among people over and bask in the sunshine. I have a photo where they are lying to nuclear(Atomic) submarine.The submarine had just come out of the seas, sea lions climbed to the upper deck with the same satisfied look.

Old 10-04-2013, 07:45 AM

Bears. In Kamchatka, the most peaceful and well-fed bears. Of brown bears (grizzly) here in Kamchatka largest specimens on the planet.But, they became so much(many) that in the last 3-4 years have been cases of attacks on humans. They are territorial animals. From Anchorage even have a special flight. Hunting in season.Photos where the bears in a fight ,This photo a man which works for the National Geography (I do not remember his surname ,name Sergei )if memory serves me fail.
This summer, one of my friend went on the bike (mountain ) in the forest and at a speed of 50 km flew into the bear. Bear and my friend were frightened and ran in different directions. A bear and a friend has not suffered .ЛОЛ
Attached Thumbnails
Tell me your nature observations!-20.jpg   Tell me your nature observations!-20-1-.jpg   Tell me your nature observations!-20-2-.jpg  

Last edited by GreyKarast; 10-04-2013 at 08:04 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature