Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2013, 01:20 PM

4,362 posts, read 6,533,449 times

Advertisements

Minnesota DNR has an EagleCam set up on a nest in the Twin Cities area. Watch momma on the nest.

DNR EagleCam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2013, 02:37 PM

74,155 posts, read 1,836,662 times
I've been watching this cam for the last 2 years.
Very interesting!

Old 02-11-2013, 02:51 PM

44,359 posts, read 20,063,008 times
Love the eagle cam. Thanks for sharing the link, slamont.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:59 AM

I was just watching when the eagle stood up for a bit. The operator zoomed in on the eggs.

I know these are past the normal gestation time, maybe they aren't going to hatch or they're at least thinking that might be the case.

Anyhow, this is a nice experience to be able to watch one of these beautiful birds for a long period of time. While I see them almost daily around the area, it's not often they're stationary. The only time I see them on the ground is in winter when they're picking on a deer road kill.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:39 AM

44,359 posts, read 20,063,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
I was just watching when the eagle stood up for a bit. The operator zoomed in on the eggs.

I know these are past the normal gestation time, maybe they aren't going to hatch or they're at least thinking that might be the case.

Anyhow, this is a nice experience to be able to watch one of these beautiful birds for a long period of time. While I see them almost daily around the area, it's not often they're stationary. The only time I see them on the ground is in winter when they're picking on a deer road kill.
Oh, I hope the eggs are still viable.

I was watching a different eagle cam a week or so ago, but I don't recall where it was located. There were two chicks which were pretty big already and very active! Wish I could find that link again.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:20 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,250,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post
Oh, I hope the eggs are still viable.

I was watching a different eagle cam a week or so ago, but I don't recall where it was located. There were two chicks which were pretty big already and very active! Wish I could find that link again.

That's the one a few lines down in this forum! I try to peek in at this Eagle family every day. The lovely Eagle brown is filling in nicely on the Eaglets and those talons getter bigger! Someone has posted a separate video of the mother bringing in more small limbs to add to the edges of the nest for her growing babies. Very interesting and exciting watching nature live! This morning I saw both parents in the nest at the same time for the first time.

Now I'll be watching to see what happens with this MN nest!

//www.city-data.com/forum/natur...g-florida.html

Last edited by Dallas Kitty; 02-13-2013 at 10:42 AM..

Old 02-15-2013, 02:41 PM

Thanks Kitty - now I'm addicted to watching both nests. Interesting to see the difference between the nest in MN compared to the FLA one. The Fla nest seems like a luxury condo compared to the snow filled nest in MN.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:07 PM

4,096 posts, read 6,217,238 times
The Florida cam has night vision, but the MN one doesn't or it's not working. Has anyone noticed if the MN cam has night vision? I'm very close to an eagle's nest and have been swooped down on a couple times. Amazing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature