Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 01:51 AM

9 posts, read 17,565 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I don't like bugs, worms, or any kind of insects including ants.
I found some small specks '(about 2mm rounder shape brownish color) in my bathroom this morning. I picked them up and didnt think it was anything.
Tonight I went to my bathroom ad saw a bigger one on the bathmat.
I took a picture of it ( I tried to zoom in but this is how close I can get using my phone)
It was moving slowly on my bathmat and when I zoom in I am definitely sure that it is some kind of bug.
I just wonder if anyone has an idea of what they are?
(My bathroom does not have window and only has a vent. I could find few "bugs" on the floor directly under the vent)
Please help.
Thanks,

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2013, 07:17 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
At first glance, I thought bedbug, but it's an awfully blurry photo.

Where do you live?

Old 10-08-2013, 08:01 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,144,915 times
take a large piece of tape and capture the little guy. call an exterminator for a free inspection and ask them. i doubt bed bugs would be out and about on a bathroom mat, unless you had a very recent trip and had just unpacked in the very same spot.

Old 10-08-2013, 10:53 AM

Default Bed bugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by f.2 View Post
take a large piece of tape and capture the little guy. call an exterminator for a free inspection and ask them. i doubt bed bugs would be out and about on a bathroom mat, unless you had a very recent trip and had just unpacked in the very same spot.
I just moved into this apartment. Should I call the exterminator myself or call the management office?

Old 10-08-2013, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaestrella View Post
I just moved into this apartment. Should I call the exterminator myself or call the management office?
i would do both. the exterminator has the expertise to ID what it is, and letting the management know could get some action going where they would pick up the tab. all they can say is no, but they cannot say yes if you don't ask.

Old 10-08-2013, 01:06 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
That looks like a bedbug to me. Call management immediately. The previous tenant may have had bedbugs and you do not want those!!!

Old 10-08-2013, 11:49 PM

Default Bed bugs

Thanks!
I have sent email to the management office in regards to that and urge them to send pest control. I didnt see anything when I moved in, and I am sure I didnt have bedbugs before. Why are there bed bugs on the bathroom floor first of all and where did they come from?

Old 10-09-2013, 07:27 AM

3,102 posts, read 5,618,246 times
The photo is very poor. Do not define it by anything. But, do not necessarily need the windows and ventilation must be able to receive the insects. Because of the high humidity constant. insects may appear. I do not think it's bugs

Old 10-10-2013, 02:34 AM

bedbugs, iirc, would be found in mattresses, clothes, and sometimes if you're in a hotel room with the little buggers they can get into your luggage. that is why i mentioned it probably wouldn't be one in the bathroom unless you just unpacked from a trip. but i would defer to an expert. did you save it?

Old 10-10-2013, 10:22 PM

Hi all,

I collected some sample and sent to the exterminator. They said that they are not bedbugs. Thanks God! They are most likely carpet beetles. I found 2 on the carpet, mostly others in the bathroom. I opened the cabinet underneath the sink today and I saw more of those small carpet beetles! If they were carpet beetles how come they are in the corners of the cabinet? Weird. The exterminator will come to the apartment next week to inspect, hopefully I can get some answers and have those treated! Having to live and sleep so close to them is so gross! >.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature