Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 03:56 PM

3 posts, read 9,461 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a Spanish interpreter(s) in Pahrump. Also, is anyone aware of any latin/hispanic organizations operating in Pahrump where I might inquire about this matter? Thanks for your time.

Old 09-02-2010, 07:33 PM

207 posts, read 734,518 times
Maria, nothing like that I can think off off hand out here.. I have been here about 7 years and seen nothing like that.

Old 09-02-2010, 10:58 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,212,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinga View Post
Maria, nothing like that I can think off off hand out here.. I have been here about 7 years and seen nothing like that.
Chinga - I think Pahrump has a Justice Court. They likely have a list of interpreters.

Old 09-04-2010, 05:34 PM

olecapt, good point.. they must have at least one. not sure if they work outside the court but I will ask a friend of mine who is a deputy and find out if he has any ideas. If I find anything I will report back.

Old 09-14-2010, 02:33 PM

Chinga and olecapt: Thanks to you both. I would greatly appreciate any help/information as a lead. From what I understand, the Pahrump court(s) use interpreters from Las Vegas. I am trying to locate someone in Pahrump who will not have to make the lengthy trip from Las Vegas to Pahrump and back. I look forward to any updated information. Thanks again! : )

Old 09-14-2010, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria E Tiscareno View Post
Chinga and olecapt: Thanks to you both. I would greatly appreciate any help/information as a lead. From what I understand, the Pahrump court(s) use interpreters from Las Vegas. I am trying to locate someone in Pahrump who will not have to make the lengthy trip from Las Vegas to Pahrump and back. I look forward to any updated information. Thanks again! : )
Two more suggestions..

Try George Romero who runs Romero's Restaurant. 775 537 1800 He and staff are purportedly fluent...so they will know somebody if they can't meet your need. I don't know George but he is rumored to be a very nice person.

Second try Great Basin College. 775 727 2000. They likely should have someone in their language dept that can help.

That is the end of my brain storming...so I hope it works.

A free bonus...Action Real Estate claims to speak Spanish. 775 209-5819

Old 09-14-2010, 05:46 PM

Ironically, another lead from today lead me to George Romero; have left a message for him. And, I've already contacted Great Basin with no luck. But, again, I appreciate all the help. I will keep inquiring. If anyone else has anything further to add or suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Old 09-17-2010, 11:04 AM

I wonder if the lady who owns Su Mesa Restaurant knows anyone in town. Maria if the Romero thing does not work out, give the place a call and see if she knows anyone. I forget her name.. but the place is called Su Mesa.

Old 11-26-2010, 01:51 PM

2,987 posts, read 10,138,702 times
Just came across this thread. I am a professional (court certified) interpreter. You have several options depending on the quality of interpretation you would like and what you are willing to pay.

My first piece of advise would to be to go with a professional and not just a mere bilingual person as interpreting is a skilled vocation. To locate a professional interpreter, try the ATA (American Translator's Association) website, they have a list of qualified interpreters and translators around the country.

You will most likely not find one in your area, but you will find ones nearby and can contact them directly. This way you can come to a cheaper agreement than if you were to contact an agency and have them do this for you.

Anyway you cut it, you will have to pay a professional interpreter for the milleage to your location in addition to the job...or settle for a local bilingual person who is not qualified at a professional level.

Old 11-26-2010, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelito23 View Post
Just came across this thread. I am a professional (court certified) interpreter. You have several options depending on the quality of interpretation you would like and what you are willing to pay.

My first piece of advise would to be to go with a professional and not just a mere bilingual person as interpreting is a skilled vocation. To locate a professional interpreter, try the ATA (American Translator's Association) website, they have a list of qualified interpreters and translators around the country.

You will most likely not find one in your area, but you will find ones nearby and can contact them directly. This way you can come to a cheaper agreement than if you were to contact an agency and have them do this for you.

Anyway you cut it, you will have to pay a professional interpreter for the milleage to your location in addition to the job...or settle for a local bilingual person who is not qualified at a professional level.
Depends upon the need.

Note however my brother...who is a lawyer who speaks Spanish at the level that his accent is not locatable by professional Mexicans suggests that professional interpreters need to be taken with a grain of salt. He points out that Cubans interpreting for Mexicans or Puerto Ricans are often very bad.

So it all depends on what you are looking for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada