Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2015, 02:54 PM

2,846 posts, read 4,519,900 times

Advertisements

i agree - carpenter canyon is a pretty cool place to check out & it has a spring that has some cold a$$ water in it!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2015, 09:54 PM

62 posts, read 206,368 times
Wow... this entire thread is amazing. Now on page 22.... getting all kinds of info and fun to see the timeline of events as I seriously consider a move to Pahrump!

Old 10-26-2015, 10:25 PM

^^^^ excellent! that's exactly what i created it for

Old 10-26-2015, 10:46 PM

62 posts, read 206,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8lite View Post
^^^^ excellent! that's exactly what i created it for
I'm going to be in town tomorrow looking at a few more properties and potentially putting in an offer. You've given me a long list of things to check out but maybe I can take a moment to explore a few while I'm in the area.

Old 11-08-2015, 09:59 PM

coming soon to our sleepy little town......VINCE NEIL'S TATUADO WILDSIDE TAVERN! omg omg omg - makes me wanna dig out my leather pants, rat my hair & slash my tshirts. ya know, my normal daily look

the new tavern is located at 2101 e gamebird, which is on the south side of town. it is scheduled to open saturday november 14th. this building has always been a bar since i've lived here, so that's not going to change much. however, the new owner has BIG BIG plans that i'm not sure will work out here. on the vegas strip they would work. out here? not so much. the crowd out here is mostly retirees. the bars out here don't have BIG crowds, each one has 4 or 5 cars in the parking lot at night. i can't see the retirees lining up to re-live vince's glory days. maybe i'm wrong, maybe this bar will be so successful it'll put the rest of the bars out of business & make the owners gobs of money.

there will be a food truck out front, in the parking lot, that will not only serve food, but you can watch "motley crue stuff". oodles of gold records will line the walls, a live shark in a tank & a fake snake will complete the decor inside the bar. the bar will offer $2.50 drafts, $3.50 crafts (served from 15 taps).

phase 2 is to spruce up the outdoor arena, so that we can have live concert events with bands like ratt, vince & slaughter (lock the doors, grandma goes cra cra for slaughter).

rock on vince! man i hope you can make this work!

Mötley Crüe front man plans to acquire local bar | PV Times
Rock On, Pahrump! Vince Neil
Vince Neil backed Tatuado Wildside going for liquor license | PV Times
Vince Neil's Wild Side set to open Nov. 14 | PV Times
Vince Neil's Tatuado Wild Side Tavern Has Opening Date and Crazy Plans - Eater Vegas

Old 11-09-2015, 07:12 AM

5,314 posts, read 7,783,947 times
Unfortunately, every business Vince touches fails. But here's hoping he can make one stick! I'm wondering if it's going to be just another name licensing deal like Tatuado here in Las Vegas or if he is going to have an ownership interest.

Old 11-19-2015, 05:18 PM

let's take a look at the calendar for a minute. next weekend is turkey day (how did we get there ALREADY?), which means this weekend is.....

pow wow weekend!!!

fri - sun, nov 20 - 22
10am to 3pm each day
petrack park (3rd stoplight in town)

there will be dance contests; food & vendors. admission is free!

Pahrump Social Powwow - Visit Pahrump

Old 11-20-2015, 09:47 AM

^^^ sorry, my mistake. the pow wow is open until 6pm each day, not 3

Old 12-17-2015, 06:00 PM

2 posts, read 2,647 times
I am very interested in relocating to Pahrump on a seasonal basis based on what I've read since the inception of this thread. Thanks for all the invaluable info you have provided.

I have a few questions about buying property and accessing the utilities. Can you provide phone numbers to those that would have some basic figures and zoning questions. I don't want to build today, but park my 5th wheel and reside during the winter months. I would like to hook up to the water & sewer lines with a meter base on the property to plug into. Do the zoning laws allow this ? I do not want to reside in the RV parks Pahrump provides as I want this to be my retirement property to move a modular home unit onto in the near future.

Can Pahrump make this a reality for me?

Old 12-17-2015, 06:16 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,798,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauraannlynn View Post
I am very interested in relocating to Pahrump on a seasonal basis based on what I've read since the inception of this thread. Thanks for all the invaluable info you have provided.

I have a few questions about buying property and accessing the utilities. Can you provide phone numbers to those that would have some basic figures and zoning questions. I don't want to build today, but park my 5th wheel and reside during the winter months. I would like to hook up to the water & sewer lines with a meter base on the property to plug into. Do the zoning laws allow this ? I do not want to reside in the RV parks Pahrump provides as I want this to be my retirement property to move a modular home unit onto in the near future.

Can Pahrump make this a reality for me?
An interesting question. There is no question you can buy a plot and put in a well and septic and live on it in your fifth wheel. That is God given NV rights and certainly in Nye County. So yeah you can find a few acres and put in a pad for your fifth wheel. I don't think there are any sewer districts, though I could be wrong, but septic works well. So the question is can you get a lot with water service and do an RV pad. I don't think so but I will wait for cre8lite who may know the answer.

And you can likely get a lot with a million dollar view. They are inexpensive in Pahrump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada