Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2017, 10:34 AM

2,851 posts, read 4,526,226 times

Advertisements

mtn falls subdivision is building hot & heavy. cottage grove (blagg & basin) is also building. burson ranch (manse & malibu) is the newest one to start up https://www.beazer.com/las-vegas-NV/burson-ranch

all 3 subdivisions were put on hold when the crash of '08 hit. those are just the subdivisions. all of the onesy twosey empty homes that we had around town are filling up.

as for businesses....jack in the box is supposed to open by this summer, but they haven't even broke ground on it yet. tractor supply is supposed to open by this fall, the just broke ground a few weeks ago. sally beauty supply & gnc have opened.

everything else i've heard about is just a rumor at this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2017, 12:08 PM

1,045 posts, read 1,939,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8lite View Post
mtn falls subdivision is building hot & heavy. cottage grove (blagg & basin) is also building. burson ranch (manse & malibu) is the newest one to start up https://www.beazer.com/las-vegas-NV/burson-ranch

all 3 subdivisions were put on hold when the crash of '08 hit. those are just the subdivisions. all of the onesy twosey empty homes that we had around town are filling up.

as for businesses....jack in the box is supposed to open by this summer, but they haven't even broke ground on it yet. tractor supply is supposed to open by this fall, the just broke ground a few weeks ago. sally beauty supply & gnc have opened.

everything else i've heard about is just a rumor at this point.
Thank you so much! So It is growing. I'd Love to come back. But Hubby needs a job first.

Old 04-09-2017, 12:03 PM

207 posts, read 734,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 370z View Post
Thank you so much! So It is growing. I'd Love to come back. But Hubby needs a job first.
Growing some, but it remains to be seen if these new businesses last. Many open and close within months out here. Its still a small town, so they need a lot of business to stay open.

Tractor supply place will do VERY well out here but GNC may not. We lost a gym, radio shack, a few places to eat.. all closed within the last year.

Jobs are few and far between, and what there is has very low pay, so be sure of what you are getting yourself into before moving here. People own livestock, again its rural, people shoot guns, people make noise, there are no to few HOAs around here, so dont expect to complain about your neighbors grass being 1/8th of an inch too tall.

All and all its a great place to live but dont expect it to be like any other place you have lived before.

Old 04-09-2017, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinga View Post
Growing some, but it remains to be seen if these new businesses last. Many open and close within months out here. Its still a small town, so they need a lot of business to stay open.

Tractor supply place will do VERY well out here but GNC may not. We lost a gym, radio shack, a few places to eat.. all closed within the last year.

Jobs are few and far between, and what there is has very low pay, so be sure of what you are getting yourself into before moving here. People own livestock, again its rural, people shoot guns, people make noise, there are no to few HOAs around here, so dont expect to complain about your neighbors grass being 1/8th of an inch too tall.

All and all its a great place to live but dont expect it to be like any other place you have lived before.
I lived there for 6 years, so I know all about it. It is unique! I do kind of miss the views and the open spaces. Thanks

Old 04-21-2017, 04:42 PM

Default Old golf course/pond

What have They done with It? The one off Pahrump Valley. Between Calvada and 372.

Old 04-21-2017, 05:10 PM

that golf course is in limbo - utilities inc either purchased or was given the land (i forget which), they are planning to make an educational park with walking paths thru out. planting native plants, hoping native wildlife inhabits the area & putting up sign boards describing the plants & wildlife.

that's the plan. what has been done? not much.....right now it's a big deserted old golf course

old data, but info on the site
http://pvtimes.com/news/county-utili...e-dispute.html
https://www.facebook.com/UICNDiscove...65648843504513
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_3wbuGkbiM

Old 04-22-2017, 09:50 AM

Quote:
that golf course is in limbo - utilities inc either purchased or was given the land (i forget which), they are planning to make an educational park with walking paths thru out. planting native plants, hoping native wildlife inhabits the area & putting up sign boards describing the plants & wildlife.

that's the plan. what has been done? not much.....right now it's a big deserted old golf course

old data, but info on the site
County, utility settle golf course dispute | PV Times
https://www.facebook.com/UICNDiscove...65648843504513

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_3wbuGkbiM
Thanks, that is what I figured! I feel bad for the people that bought homes to be on The golf course!!! It was so nice. I had a friend that lived there on Daytona.

Old 04-22-2017, 12:07 PM

that area certainly isn't what it once was. utilities inc don't have any friends in this town, so i'm sure they saw this opportunity as a way to make nice with the public, but so far....this park hasn't been their top priority. instead they've been raising rates yearly, just like they always have. oooh, they also changed their name to great basin water company.

Utilities Inc. consolidates four companies into Great Basin Water Co. | PV Times

so i'm not sure if the park idea has died? or if they are trying to figure out how to pay for it?

Old 04-22-2017, 12:22 PM

Quote:
that area certainly isn't what it once was. utilities inc don't have any friends in this town, so i'm sure they saw this opportunity as a way to make nice with the public, but so far....this park hasn't been their top priority. instead they've been raising rates yearly, just like they always have. oooh, they also changed their name to great basin water company.

Utilities Inc. consolidates four companies into Great Basin Water Co. | PV Times

so i'm not sure if the park idea has died? or if they are trying to figure out how to pay for it?
I would never live in their water district!

Old 04-22-2017, 07:00 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,363,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 370z View Post
I would never live in their water district!
Always remember it was the State of Nevada who did it to Pahrump and lots of other places. They also killed the spring in Las Vegas on purpose. Probably all dead now but we should go off and lynch a couple of State Engineers if any of the old ones are still alive.

The problem is western water law rubbed off against the libertarian bent of Nevada. In a number of places like Pahrump (and Las Vegas) the state granted water rights that far exceeded the available water and made no provision for the individual with a property to provide water to his family and property.

In Las Vegas they actually deliberately lowered the water table to kill the springs and what they considered the non productive plants that lived along the creek. Called them "water wasters".

And the problem could be fixed...but Nevada would have to admit that they screwed up and revoke the water rights that should not have been granted. But they won't because they know they established a property right when the rights were granted and if they revoke them they will be sued and lose.

So we simply let Pahrump and elsewhere crash so we don't have to use state tax money to fix it.

Kinda of ironic in Pahrump if you know a bit about Pahrump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada