Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 09:03 AM

409 posts, read 1,748,906 times

Advertisements

My husband has allergies (not sure what exactly the culprit is), we know it's weather related. The humidity really bothers him and I was wondering about the humidty in New Hampshire and how it affects those of you with allergies. Are there places to stay away from in NH? Is there any one place better than the other? Please let me know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2006, 01:11 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,076,250 times
I'm not a resident (yet) but when we were up there a few weeks ago, it was hot but NOT humid (Littleton area). It was the first major trip I went on that I didn't have a headache once I got there.

I am looking into Concord like you, so I would also appreciate any weather/climate info.

Old 08-23-2006, 01:24 PM

What have you found out so far about Concord? All I have really been able to find out is that the housing is very reasonable. I need to know if there is some kindof trade of for this.

Old 08-23-2006, 04:09 PM

Finding a job...it seems VERY hard. I was going to really wait till we got there and work part time and let my husband work full time (we have a child) but he can't land anything (yet). Finding places to apply to has been hard. He wants to stay away from Manchester/Nashua. (we don't want to live that far south and it's a little cheaper outside Concord. Also he is concerned about working too far from home due to the winter weather)
We'll see. I will keep you posted.

Old 08-23-2006, 06:05 PM

Thanks for the info. PLease keep me posted. Do you know anything about the safety there?

Old 08-24-2006, 05:10 AM

I've found with all my looking to move that you should get a link to the local newspaper(s) and read them every day. They are a pretty good indication of what is going on in an area (crime/activities/recreation). I will pm you a link to find lots of local papers as well as the Concord one.

Also, ask people. I have gotten emails from a few very nice people here giving me advice.

Old 08-24-2006, 06:58 AM

OK, Thanks. I've gotten info about many places, but Concord is one of the places (as well as dover, Nashua, Peterborough, and Hanover) that I have not been able to get much detailed info on. I'll keep trying though.

Old 08-24-2006, 12:31 PM

65 posts, read 305,537 times
I live in Rochester about 45 miles away from Concord close to the coast. Yes, it does get humid here and in fact I was sick for 5 months due to allergies. I basically been fine for years then wam!

I am allergic to mold and cedar/juniper which come s in the early spring/summer. When it gets wet I seemed to cough alot. I am going to Visit Texas in 2 weeks and again in Dec looking at a more drier arid climate.

Not everyone responds the same way to the humidity. And getting tired of the long cold winters too. Too bad because NH offers the best tax benefits and low crime, low unemployment and ranked #1 best places to live. Was in Concord Saturday easy traffic and layed back.

Old 08-24-2006, 01:13 PM

104 posts, read 467,276 times
I get it in the late summer when the ragweed comes out. But it hasn't been quite as bad this year. I guess it depends what you're allergic to. I'm moving to the Rochester area from the Monadnock region and hope I'm not allergic to it! Humidity doesn't seem to affect me (at least not allergy-wise), just how much pollen is in the air on a particular day.

Old 08-24-2006, 01:43 PM

I guess we'll just have to take the test and find out exactly what he's allergic to. When the weather changes, he gets it. When we lived in Michigan and California, he got allergies, but did not get allergies as often as he does here in Kansas. He literally has had them every single day this summer. It is nasty humid out here in the summer, just horrible humidity and we think that's what's doing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire