Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 04:01 AM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,199,237 times

Advertisements

Friday April 19th, 2013

Shootout overnight! Governor in MA has suspended public transportation.

People not to open doors in that area.

MIT, Harvard, Emerson classes cancelled.

MIT shooting, MIT officer shot, is dead. RIP As well as another officer.

Suspect from the Boston Marathon # 1 is dead.
But, suspect #2 with white baseball cap is still out there! ARMED & DANGEROUS!
The above are the suspects from the Boston Marathon bombs/explosions/tragedy

The people from Cambridge, Watertown, Belmont, Newton, Brookline, Belmont, Allston, Waltham, parts of Boston & towns nearby, have been asked to stay INSIDE.

No vehicle traffic IN or OUT of Watertown. "Situation is GRAVE!"
Watertown is on lockdown.

Businesses, schools closed. Transit is SHUT DOWN!! Busses, trains, subways, etc.

So, if you live in NH & work in that area, check the news first before traveling down to
the Cambridge area.

Check the news. Police & SWAT are going door to door looking for suspect #2.

Concerns about explosive devices.

Take care,
Prayers for all involved.

Stay safe!
Peace

Last edited by countrylv22; 04-19-2013 at 05:05 AM..

Old 04-19-2013, 05:27 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Our bus from southern HN managed to get into Boston near the park at 6:30 am. There were a number of folks wandering around wondering how to get to work. There were the regular derelicts waking up but a lot more police. Everything is peaceful as far as I know.

The office is pretty much deserted.

Old 04-19-2013, 05:35 AM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,199,237 times
Smile I was wondering about you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Our bus from southern HN managed to get into Boston near the park at 6:30 am. There were a number of folks wandering around wondering how to get to work. There were the regular derelicts waking up but a lot more police. Everything is peaceful as far as I know.

The office is pretty much deserted.

Thanks for the post GregW
I was wondering about you, since you leave so very early in the morning.

How will you get back home? Hopefully things will be better by the end of the day

Take good care GW!
Good luck, stay safe.

Old 04-19-2013, 06:08 AM

491 posts, read 1,372,754 times
I still see Boston Express buses heading south as of 7:45.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:22 AM

They shut down South Station about 9 am. I would normally have to wait until 1 pm to get a bus back to NH. I plan on doing that and if the busses are still unavailable I will wait to 3:45. if still unavailable I will ask my wife to drive down and pick me up by the expressway if that is open. In the meantime I am pretty much in an information vacuum except for what I can get over the Net.

As much as this inconveniences me I am pleased that the city is effectively locked down. the lock down makes the suspect more conspicuous and hopefully easier to capture. I would like to know what in hell possessed these fools to commit these atrocities.

Thanks for your concern. In the meantime we should all be concerned with the people of what is left of West, Texas. They suffered a multi ton explosion yesterday.

Old 04-22-2013, 06:02 AM

I stayed in the deserted office until about noon then went outside and walked around the park. Did you know that Boston Common has all sorts of statuary? There were relatively few people wandering around. There were tourists, derelicts and police in about equal numbers. The tourists were the ones with cameras taking pictures of each other, the derelicts and the police. The derelicts were being derelicts doing their own thing and the police were doing police thing like mostly looking around for the really weird and dangerous.

I had arranged for my wife to drive in and bring me home but a bus friend that had also come in on the 5:30 AM bus had arranged to be picked up by family and offered to take me home as well. As Anne was feeling very tired I accepted the offer and went home with my friend. It was a very interesting day.

Some people may consider closing Boston to be an overreaction, considering the jerk had gone to ground in Watertown, but I do not agree. I thought reducing the number of potential victims by effectively eliminating crowds was sensible measure. When they captured the guy through the actions of an alert citizen I was relived and pleased. The cops, all of them, earned a lot of respect that day.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:39 PM

1,200 posts, read 2,217,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Some people may consider closing Boston to be an overreaction, considering the jerk had gone to ground in Watertown, but I do not agree. I thought reducing the number of potential victims by effectively eliminating crowds was sensible measure. When they captured the guy through the actions of an alert citizen I was relived and pleased. The cops, all of them, earned a lot of respect that day.
Amazing watching the press conference with the Governor, Mayor, and every other law enforcement head that participated pat each other on the back yet no mention that the dude in the hospital was able to confirm who one of the bombers which eventually lead to the capture.

Quote:
Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:56 PM

30 posts, read 42,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgthoskins View Post
Amazing watching the press conference with the Governor, Mayor, and every other law enforcement head that participated pat each other on the back yet no mention that the dude in the hospital was able to confirm who one of the bombers which eventually lead to the capture.
yawn. what a broken record with that quote. what liberties have you lost since the day of the bombing? let me help you with the answer-ABSOLUTELY NONE. And are you more secure in your liberty that these 2 animal savages have been stopped? Again let me help you with that anawer-ABSOLUTELY.I guess law enforcement should have done nothing to get these guys right? The police are the ones that are that are trying to take away your liberty? Get your head out of the sand-its people like the bombers that don't want you to be free. They are motivated by the freedoms and lifestyles that we have.In case you haven't noticed-they hate America because we are free.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:19 PM

1,200 posts, read 2,217,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quietman1 View Post
yawn. what a broken record with that quote. what liberties have you lost since the day of the bombing? let me help you with the answer-ABSOLUTELY NONE. And are you more secure in your liberty that these 2 animal savages have been stopped? Again let me help you with that anawer-ABSOLUTELY.I guess law enforcement should have done nothing to get these guys right? The police are the ones that are that are trying to take away your liberty? Get your head out of the sand-its people like the bombers that don't want you to be free. They are motivated by the freedoms and lifestyles that we have.In case you haven't noticed-they hate America because we are free.
Of course suspend the Bill of Rights, why even have a Constitution?

house search in watertown, ma - YouTube

Allowing the .gov to force people to house arrest and unlawfully search houses without a search warrant is not something I agree with. When I swore support and defend the Constitution I didn't say "Well if there is a bad guy the cops can illegally search homes and completely ignore the 4th Amendment."

But hey as long as you're fine with it right?

Old 04-22-2013, 01:48 PM

3,034 posts, read 9,139,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quietman1 View Post
IF they did it.

http://12160.info/video/look-proof-that-....-did-the-boston

I saw a guy who was a ringer for suspect #1 driving a blue honda civic with NO LICENSE plates in CT on Friday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire