Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 02:25 PM

276 posts, read 448,670 times

Advertisements

Of course it would be important, but if something were to happen I doubt people would be complimenting the city of Keene on the extra hospital beds - they'd be outraged that they were not notified of the danger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2013, 06:26 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,967,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
That's a real knee slapper. Do you also have any snappy comments to make about the bombings at the Boston marathon?
I went from protesting the harm of pumpkins and you took it to the boston bombings. Sensitive much? Would you know a joke if it hit u in the head or is it simply that every word I say will be hated by you anyways? tell me though, would you have rathered the actual bomb threat to come true in Keene or just the presence of snipers so it doesn't? Cause I got some knee slappers on that.

Old 10-24-2013, 07:10 AM

611 posts, read 1,205,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRidge1 View Post
I find the part about extra hospital staff being on call REALLY creepy.
It would be standard protocol for a local hospital to have extra staff available anytime there was a large event in town. I wouldn't interpret extra staff as meaning there was a bomb threat. What I find creepy is to think of snipers on rooftops overlooking a community festival. BTW, would you have much faith in a small town's police department's sniper's skills?

Old 10-24-2013, 08:08 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,811,485 times
The are just considering the likelihood of an uprising by berserk pumpkins.

Old 10-24-2013, 08:54 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,377,706 times
I don't think those snipers were local boys, more like hired guns (literally).

Old 10-24-2013, 09:24 AM

3,034 posts, read 9,141,890 times
I'm thinking that to get the Bearcat, Keene joined forces with the Dept. of Homeland Security and it was feds on the roof practicing a drill. These are the same guys that were on the roofs of buildings during the Boston Marathon and scattered throughout the crowd.

Old 10-24-2013, 09:27 AM

What I find creepy is to think of snipers on rooftops overlooking a community festival. BTW, would you have much faith in a small town's police department's sniper's skills?

Exactly the point. And even worse, to think they may be there when there was never a threat. It's to try to normalize being seen in military mode. We are supposed to be a free country. This state, especially, has always been a little more free than others. This is not right.

It should be blasted in the media - people should be made aware of what was happening. The majority of people had no idea they had snipers looking down at them. Disgusting.......

Old 10-24-2013, 11:51 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,377,706 times
I got a question for those who know the NH gun laws better than I do. Is it illegal for a private citizen to hang out on the rooftops with the weaponry that these guys had?

Old 10-24-2013, 12:59 PM

Q: Where is it legal to shoot?

A: Per NH state law (RSAs 207:3-a, 207:3-c, and 644:13), you may not shoot across or within 15 feet of a road, or “within 300 feet of a permanently occupied dwelling without permission of the owner or the occupant of the dwelling or from the owner of the land on which the person discharging the firearm or shooting the bow and arrow is situated.”

You also may not discharge a firearm within the “compact part of a town or city,” defined as “the territory within a town or city comprised of the following:

(a) Any nonresidential, commercial building, including, but not limited to, industrial, educational, or medical buildings, plus a perimeter 300 feet wide around all such buildings without permission of the owner.

(b) Any park, playground, or other outdoor public gathering place designated by the legislative body of the city or town.

(c) Any contiguous area containing 6 or more buildings which are used as either part-time or permanent dwellings and the spaces between them where each such building is within 300 feet of at least one of the others, plus a perimeter 300 feet wide around all the buildings in such area.”

Old 10-24-2013, 01:04 PM

Some towns have even stricter rules - Keene may be one. For example, no target shooting in a quarry or pit or private property. These are new rules that were put in place since 911.

New rules indicate that firearms may not be discharged except for hunting/trapping.

So could a citizen go on the roof in the city with a rifle and a scope? Not likely. What would he be hunting within the city limits? What were these men hunting? People. Citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire