Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 06:38 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times

Advertisements

Dare to Dream - Thanks!

Old 12-06-2007, 07:03 AM

4,643 posts, read 13,947,733 times
Where you from?
Haverhill, MA for most of my life, then St. Charles County, MO (talk about culture shock!) then finally a bumpy ride into Londonderry, NH (2002)

Do you like NH?
Very much, can't imagine living anywhere else (ask me again in April if there's still snow on the ground... )

Are you a native?
Nope, see above

What gets your goat about NH?
Hmmmm goats.... If you live in Londonderry, you may know a thing or two about goats... Each spring and fall I wish that we had a growing season that lasted just a little bit longer, traffic on 93 North on Friday afternoons...

What you like best about NH?
The mountains, the lakes, the ocean and the ability to see all three within an hour or so drive... Love foliage season, and the general attitude here. "Live Free or Die", relatively few home-owner's associations to deal with.

What you do, where you live, any kids, favourite sports team, favourite sport, hobbies, where you would hate to live, worst place you ever lived, best film(movie) basically anything for a chit chat?
I think everyone here knows what I do I'm married with 3 kids (well one isn't so little anymore...) a dog(standard poodle) a bird (a parakeet) and presently a cat (which I'm allergic to ACHOO!)

Favorite sport... I don't play sports anymore, but love to watch the the Sox, Patriots (it's nice to have a WINNING home team, the Pats I grew up with were dismal...) Summer and Winter Olympic games are a must in my family

My hobbies hmmm, my flower gardens and veggie garden. Going places with the Londonderry Lancer Marching Band, hoping to start doing counted cross stitch again over the winter, and would love to take up beading (to make jewelry) I don't watch much TV except Sunday and Thursday nights (Desperate Housewives/Gray's Anatomy)

and suzet would like to buy us all Christmas drinks when she gets to NH
MMMMM, the important stuff: Christmas Drinks. In winter, coffee with a shot of Bailey's, or hot cocoa with a shot of peppermint schnapps to keep warm Nothing like walking in snow sipping yummy warm beverages. In summer, a Mojito or maybe a yummy chocolate martini mmmmmmm.

WE'll have to plan some Welcome to New Hampshire parties for sure

Old 12-06-2007, 11:19 AM

793 posts, read 3,122,300 times
Okay, I'll play...
Where you from?
Lots of places having grown up with a father in the army. Providence, RI at birth

Do you like NH?
Absolutely

Are you a native?
No

What gets your goat about NH?
Massachusetts for one. Also early spring when the weather is so unpredictable. At least winter the expectations are low and I have my skiis! March thru early May is a crap shoot and when its 40's and raining every day like last April, it is a drag. Also here on the seacoast, people seem to hibernate half the year and things close too early, except Portsmouth. Also too many cops enforcing speeding and minor traffic infractions- guess that is the trade-off for not being pre-occupied with serious crimes with the low crime rate.

What you like best about NH?
Access to the lakes, ocean, mountains. Beach volleyball in the summer, great mt bike trails, skiing, the Kangamangas, Pinkham Notch, Franconia, Sunapee, endless beauty and camping w/ out the congestion generally speaking as opposed to Maine. Also no traffic tie-ups, proximity to Boston.

What you do, where you live, any kids, favourite sports team, favourite sport, hobbies, where you would hate to live, worst place you ever lived, best film(movie) basically anything for a chit chat?
Gov't contractor, Exeter, no, college basketball and football fan, would hate to live lots of places, Massachusetts in closest prximity. Worst places I've lived: suburban NY city and the Bronx, metro DC & Baltimore, suburban Orlando. Best films recently I've seen: Sideways and the Departed

Hobbies: think I've touched on that, as well as reading, some cooking

Old 12-06-2007, 11:23 AM

4,643 posts, read 13,947,733 times
YES YES YES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown stuntman View Post
Also too many cops enforcing speeding and minor traffic infractions- guess that is the trade-off for not being pre-occupied with serious crimes with the low crime rate.

Old 12-06-2007, 01:09 PM

450 posts, read 558,059 times
that's like where I live now, cops everywhere giving speeding tickets

however the good thing is that if you are caught speeding then you go to court and you are given the chance to just pay the fine providing you go to a driver school for 4 hours.
thus no points on license and no insurance hike on payments

valerie
I love that zucchini bread also banana bread (winks)

greg always had you down as a young student or had just finished school

anyway respect for any veteran , I joined and stayed it never made me feel old but it certainly made me grow up, I joined at 16 , many mates did then after serving our country we went into the foreign legion

Old 12-06-2007, 05:52 PM

anyone live in a log house/cabin?

are there that many there, valerie if you ever hear or see one for sale could you let me know please

I would love to ever since I saw them in the smokies, in east TN

Old 12-06-2007, 07:03 PM

2,489 posts, read 8,177,255 times
Hey! I just realized - remember-voltaire - You put up the questions but never answered them! When do we get to learn more about YOU????? Inquiring minds want to know!....All you said was you are married with three kids and not gay!

Old 12-06-2007, 07:36 PM

OK quickly as I do have to put my oldest to bed and I'll try to remember the questions

I am not a native nor do I live there yet but with the help of a very nice real estate woman I hope to be by new years, if you are around I'll get the drinks

I love NH because of the countryside and views, the proximity to the mountains, sea, cities but have a country feel to where you live

the people and politics, well people seem real freindly especially you guys the politics are far different to massachusetts where I did live for a bit and I love that just hope it stays like that

I am from England have 3 kids and a beautiful loving wife, though she does my head in sometimes, don't tell her I said that

sports

I love boxing and I love now training my oldest who has become florida state champions for the last two years he's just turned 10
after that I support my local club manchester united but since they have been taken over and the way soccer(football) has become I've gone off it a bit however I love rugby too and used to play for the army as well as boxing

best fims
mmmmm
goodfellas, american history x, I buried my heart at wounded knee, zulu, waterloo, scarface, saving private ryan, rita sue and bob too, there;s loads more but can;t think of them at the moment. I do like horror, suspense, mystery and even films like the devil wears prada scchh don't tell anyone

worst place I ever lived, hyde park massachusetts,
best place voss in norway actually all of norway and denmark though I do love to visit Italia, in america I would say the smokies, east tennesse, gatlingburg, pidgeon forge etc, worst place was philly sorry to those from there but the city I saw was a right dump followed by baltimore, just my opinion so please don't get the pitch fork squad after me

dislike no mannered ignorant selfish people

like caring non selfish people even if we never agree I still love a debate though some can't listen to another side

love my family and miss salford manchester England but America is a great country and that's why I became a citizen of which I waited years for

anyone watching the hatton mayweather fight on saturday?

that's me then I think

Old 12-06-2007, 07:48 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,247,070 times
I used to live in a log cabin when i lived in N.H. I'm in Florida now where everything is stucco. We recently bought a log home up by Pine River.As soon as i sell this place I'll be back in N.H.There is a company called the Bean Group who has a lot of log homes for sale in N.H.

Old 12-06-2007, 07:56 PM

Ken

I'm in florida st augustine right now but moving up to NH, it seems many locals well natives are moving from here and going to northern ga or along the smokies.

the bean group , thank you for that info I'll check them out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire