Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2008, 08:06 AM

3,219 posts, read 6,589,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrylv22 View Post

HAVE a GREAT DAY EVERYONE!

Countrylv22
You too sweetie!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2008, 09:57 AM

4,643 posts, read 13,963,095 times
Bryfry, sounds like you and the family had a great vacation week. Certainly couldn't have had better weather for it, I think this week will be the typical "April showers bring May flowers" for our NH vacation week Sorry that you caught a cold while you were here though. Keep an eye on the cough--my daughter had a cold a couple of weeks ago and the cough worked its way into a sinus infection, requiring antibiotics to clear up. Like everybody else I look forward to seeing the pictures both of NH and of the cape Hope you feel better soon!!!

Lisa, were you aware/outside when you were bit? If it's something that you woke up with, I would wonder if it might be a spider bite. They have a tendency to swell up with lingering redness/puffiness. Country has a good idea with the honey and aloe, please let us know if you try it and if they help! I wonder though, didn't Dare or someone also post that after a short time, the honey needs to come off? We want to hear what works to help the swelling come down...

I have a tendency to get a bite of some sort on my face, or develop a big pimple, etc. just when I am going to meet up with a potential client Talk about making a lasting, if not lovely, first impression

Have a great week everybody--the next batch on NH kids are on vacation THIS week, so I might not be posting much, but will definitely be looking for posts from nicolem telling us about her hubby's birthday surprise!!! Looking for pics and reviews from you soon

Old 04-27-2008, 12:25 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,338,488 times
Smile I'm back

Just checking in forum friends-we just got back from Newburyport. I don't have time for a detailed post right now( I work from home and have catching up to do before Monday) and it may take a day or two to get pictures up but I wanted to tell everyone that we had a wonderful time. My husband was completely surprised and the weather was beautiful. Friday was absolutely gorgeous. They kept calling for rain on Saturday but we got no rain and instead a beautiful sunny day-just a little cooler than Friday. It was raining this morning-Sunday- but that is ok because we did a few things and headed home.

We really had a great time and I thank all my forum friends for helping me to keep the secret. I will post notes and pictures later

Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday!

Nicolem

Old 04-27-2008, 12:41 PM

2,489 posts, read 8,183,510 times
Congratulations on keeping the secret! Hope you got a picture of hubby's face when you arrived at your destination!

I'm so glad you had nice weather and such an enjoyable time - I guess we'll just have to wait for your pictures.......sigggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh

Old 04-27-2008, 12:48 PM

3 posts, read 6,926 times
like I said New Hampshire has one off the highest anxiety ratio in the nation ,I can wait to get out of the awful weather. depressed, angy, pariniod state I want to go where it's sunny people are actaully freindly if your coming to New Hampshire and your a free sprit stick to the white mountians, anywhere else big brother will be watching you and I will predict you will be stopped by some police agency at minium 1 time your first year.The New Hampshire bumber sticker says it all welcome to new hampshire now leave!!!! The roads are the worst potholes everywhere from the huge plows.I'm sorry but I grew up here and I'll be 50 soon when I was a kid the state was great now with the terrible state planning board they have almost killed the wild life habitat all the way up to the white mountain range, The state is growing at a alarming rate and the roads and old buidings and sewer systems everything is a mess they have ruined what could have been one of the nicest states in america but instead poor planning and old shcool mentality have ruined my old state of new hampshire.

Last edited by XXXD5; 04-27-2008 at 12:58 PM..

Old 04-27-2008, 12:54 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,963,095 times
Yeah, we're a terribly depressed and anxious bunch of people sheesh, there is so much stress and paranoia and anger and bickering on this board I just can't stand it...

Old 04-27-2008, 01:04 PM

2,489 posts, read 8,183,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXD5 View Post
like I said New Hampshire has one off the highest anxiety ratio in the nation ,I can wait to get out of the awful weather. depressed, angy, pariniod state I want to go where it's sunny people are actaully freindly if your coming to New Hampshire and your a free sprit stick to the white mountians, anywhere else big brother will be watching you and I will predict you will be stopped by some police agency at minium 1 time your first year.The New Hampshire bumber sticker says it all welcome to new hampshire now leave!!!! The roads are the worst potholes everywhere from the huge plows.I'm sorry but I grew up here and I'll be 50 soon when I was a kid the state was great now with the terrible state planning board they have almost killed the wild life habitat all the way up to the white mountain range, The state is growing at a alarming rate and the roads and old buidings and sewer systems everything is a mess they have ruined what could have been one of the nicest states in america but instead poor planning and old shcool mentality have ruined my old state of new hampshire.
Gee, I hate to contradict you, but I'm 54, soon to be 55 and since moving to New Hampshire, I've been LESS depressed and have LESS anxiety! I have also never been stopped by the police. My husband travels through the southern areas more than I do and he's never been stopped either. As for "big brother" - you're going to find him just about anywhere these days. Angry people? Haven't found many of them either......

Old 04-27-2008, 01:18 PM

76 posts, read 211,312 times
There are depressed and anxious people in every state, and life is what you make of it, no matter where you live. Personally, I LOVE cold weather, cloudy skies, snow, and rainy days. I don't like heat and a lot of sunshine. If I get too cold I can always bundle up. If I get too warm, well, there's a limit to what I can take off in polite company! Moving from Florida will definitely lower my anxiety levels...in fact, I've felt so much better since just making the decision to leave Florida that I feel like a new person! In my mind, I'm already in Manchester, picking out a condo to love.

As for the police, they can pull me over as often as they like if it makes them feel better. I'm not doing anything wrong, so I have no need to be worried about it. Big brother will always be watching me. Let him look. I have nothing to hide...my life is an open book.

Old 04-27-2008, 02:52 PM

3,034 posts, read 9,147,863 times
"As for the police, they can pull me over as often as they like if it makes them feel better. I'm not doing anything wrong, so I have no need to be worried about it. Big brother will always be watching me. Let him look. I have nothing to hide...my life is an open book."

I, on the other hand, have a problem with it. I was pulled over last fall for no reason. The cop stated I was speeding, but I challenged him. I KNEW I was't.

It ended up to be a 45 minute stop. It was a WASTE of my time even if it was just a sporting event for him and he let me go eventually without issuing a ticket.

If you haven't been bothered by a an unnecessary stop, that's wonderful. But, when it happens to you, you might decide to change your mind about whether it's just fine that "they can do it as often as they like if it makes them feel better. "

We are not supposed to be living in a police state. It is NOT just fine. They should not be pulling anyone over WITHOUT REASON!!!

Old 04-27-2008, 06:46 PM

3,712 posts, read 11,047,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXD5 View Post
Where on earth do you live? in general, every thread on here has commented on how great the roads are (particularly compared to Mass) - with the exception that Keene ran out of funding to handling all the snow this winter.

and what are you talking about poor state planning? Every town abuts other towns, there is no county or state land (other than parkland) so if a town has poor planning and is growing at an 'alarming' rate.. blame the town, don't blame all the rest of the towns. And very few towns have sewer systems since most have individual septics. So...where the heck are you that you seem to think this is all of NH???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire