Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2021, 06:55 AM

26,430 posts, read 46,615,085 times

Advertisements

Best birthday wishes NH2NCMom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2021, 02:27 PM

12,052 posts, read 8,436,379 times
Thanks for the invitation to the birthday party. It's a good day to be out on the porch and celebrating.

I've brought a couple of tart plum cakes with lots of fresh cardamom. For the table I brought a huge armful of bright orange sumac leaves.

Nice to see all the smiling faces here.

Congratulations on another year, NHMOM!

Old 09-22-2021, 05:19 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,201,046 times
Talking Thank you, DEAR GV GLORIA, for coming to NHMOM's BIRTHDAY PARTY, YAY! CHEERS!:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
Happy birthday, NHMOM! Thank you, and thank you, CountryLV22, for including me.

This time, I've left the granddaughters and the 'copter at home. ...love the drive up here from Manhattan! The journey reminds me of the fairytales - when people would pass through a series of very-different little kingdoms.

I brought ramekins, made special, to commemorate the occasion - filled with individual baked custards, topped with a choice of lemon, chocolate, and raspberry buttercreams, with a sprinkle of nuts and berries tossed in sweetened coconut oil. As usual, the only sweetener is stevia - so it's all nearly-no-carb.

Oh, and I've been experimenting with poached Wagu Beef Meatballs. They've been turning-out exceptionally tender. These, I mixed with fresh ginger, since they're served cold. They're dipped in a cumin-flavored dark chocolate, then half-dipped in a cinnamon-flavored white chocolate. Yes! You DO detect a note of champagne vinegar! I marinated the meatballs in it, before the chocolate stage.

As to be expected, this is turning out to be such a nice party. NHMOM, it's always inspiring to be in your presence. You bring out the best in everybody.

And CountryLV22, what would we do, without you to bring us together? ((((((HUGS))))))

Dearest Grand View Gloria!!

I am speechless!

A MILLION THANKS, DEAR GLORIA!!!! Thanks for your amazing presence here!
Thank you, for your kindness & generosity!! A special LADY & FRIEND!!

Again, I wish I could give ALL of YOU a MILLION REPUTATION POINT COOKIES!! I promise that they are GLUTEN FREE, CALORIE FREE, FAT FREE, SUGAR FREE But YUMMY of course!

WOW!! Just WOW!! I cannot stop from eating, enjoying all of the goodies that you brought over to help us CELEBRATE Our Dear "NH2NCMom" Special DAY, week, MONTH & year!! She truly deserves to be pampered!!

What I love about your treats, is that you always manage to make something so sinful & delicious to make it healthy as well!
You have the GIFT to come up with the most unusual dishes, treats, desserts & write about it
like a Best Selling Author

So, I think once we are done CELEBRATING our DEAR NHMOM (mind you, that will be at least a MONTH long CELEBRATION if not longer ) I am coming over to your place, to enjoy your delightful company (((((((HUGS)))))))

I will be spreading myself thin throughout the following year, because I will also make a stop
in ONTARIO, CANADA to visit our DEAR ALM, ALM also knows her way in the kitchen with a lot of GERMAN treats Especially her CHRISTMAS TREATS!!!

Another stop in VIRGINIA to say HI to our DEAR BOS, and enjoy some AMARETTO with
TIRAMISU
As I stumble over and make another stop in Minnesota, to have some dessert with
our DEAR LODESTAR. She is also adventurous with different recipes

Of course, at some point I will also visit another Dear friend here, CASEY B, in Massachusetts, GRANITE STATER is in Indiana (he should come back to NH just kidding ) he has some YUMMY GLUTEN FREE treats

And what about "NOR'EASTAH" he is in MAINE,
I think we you should all "DROP BY" for some of those Blueberries with FRESH CREAM
And I promise to bring back some of his wife's CAKE FOR NHMOM & all of our guests!!

And on the way down from MAINE, stop by "KAREN in NH" and say hello to her lovely cats!!
She is also great in the kitchen, you know!!

And pick up some TRES LECHES CAKE & TRES LECHES ICE CREAM from our DEAR KATHRYN ARAGON in TEXAS!! WOOHOOO!! Although, her granddaughters
apple cobbler with lots of pumpkin spice is SUPERB & in SEASON!!YUM!

And our Dear PAPER WING just joined the FUN, I will have to make another stop there, on the way over to NHMOM's PLACE, to bring her over here!!

Anyway, my Dear GLORIA, I thank you for all of your delicious treats, the mixing of flavors, the WAGU BEEF MEATBALLS are out of this world, so delicious, the raspberry custards are amazing, well, all of the CUSTARDS are amazing. I LUV CUSTARDS (probably 1 of my favorite desserts),
and I am sure that our DEAR NHMOM, is ENJOYING ALL OF THIS AS WELL!!
You truly outdid yourself this time!! EXQUISITE in every way!!

And I agree, that the drive from Manhattan is like going through different kingdoms, from fairytalesYAY!! Thank you, Dear GLORIA!! Thank you for helping us CELEBRATE our DEAR
NHMOM!! (((((((((HUGS)))))))

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR DEAR NHMOM & MANY MORE!!!

Thank you to ALL helping to CELEBRATE OUR DEAR "NH2NCMom" SPECIAL BIRTHDAY, week, month & year! YAY!!!

Old 09-22-2021, 06:03 PM

10,033 posts, read 15,683,188 times
I hope you had a wonderful birthday, NH2NCMom!

Old 09-22-2021, 06:55 PM

Talking Thank you, DEAR BOS2IAD, for coming to NHMOM's BIRTHDAY PARTY:)YAY!!!:)CHEERS!:):)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
NH2NCMom---Wishing you a happy birthday and many more to come!

Thank you, Country, for inviting me. I didn't come empty handed as I bring the best cupcakes in Northern Virginia. There is something for everybody including my favorite ones --- Tiramisu and amaretto.
DEAREST BOS,

Thank you so much, for coming to our DEAR "NH2NCMom's" BIRTHDAY PARTY!!

"GRAND MARNIER REPUTATION COOKIE POINTS ON THE WAY SOON"

And I am just drooling over the DELICIOUS TIRAMISU & AMARETTO CUPCAKES

They are AMAZING!!! Thank you for your kindness & generosity!

And for coming all the way from Northern Virginia!!

I would love to know what are their other top flavors?

The place seems to be very creative!! I like that! I need to stop by your place soon!

Thank you for helping us CELEBRATE OUR DEAR "NH2NCMom"s BIRTHDAY!!!

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR VERY OWN "NH2NCMom",

and MANY MORE TO COME!! YAY!!!!LOVE YA!!

Old 09-22-2021, 07:51 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,778,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrylv22 View Post

Dearest Grand View Gloria!!

I am speechless!

A MILLION THANKS, DEAR GLORIA!!!! Thanks for your amazing presence here!
Thank you, for your kindness & generosity!! A special LADY & FRIEND!!

Again, I wish I could give ALL of YOU a MILLION REPUTATION POINT COOKIES!! I promise that they are GLUTEN FREE, CALORIE FREE, FAT FREE, SUGAR FREE But YUMMY of course!

WOW!! Just WOW!! I cannot stop from eating, enjoying all of the goodies that you brought over to help us CELEBRATE Our Dear "NH2NCMom" Special DAY, week, MONTH & year!! She truly deserves to be pampered!!

What I love about your treats, is that you always manage to make something so sinful & delicious to make it healthy as well!
You have the GIFT to come up with the most unusual dishes, treats, desserts & write about it
like a Best Selling Author

So, I think once we are done CELEBRATING our DEAR NHMOM (mind you, that will be at least a MONTH long CELEBRATION if not longer ) I am coming over to your place, to enjoy your delightful company (((((((HUGS)))))))

I will be spreading myself thin throughout the following year, because I will also make a stop
in ONTARIO, CANADA to visit our DEAR ALM, ALM also knows her way in the kitchen with a lot of GERMAN treats Especially her CHRISTMAS TREATS!!!

Another stop in VIRGINIA to say HI to our DEAR BOS, and enjoy some AMARETTO with
TIRAMISU
As I stumble over and make another stop in Minnesota, to have some dessert with
our DEAR LODESTAR. She is also adventurous with different recipes

Of course, at some point I will also visit another Dear friend here, CASEY B, in Massachusetts, GRANITE STATER is in Indiana (he should come back to NH just kidding ) he has some YUMMY GLUTEN FREE treats

And what about "NOR'EASTAH" he is in MAINE,
I think we you should all "DROP BY" for some of those Blueberries with FRESH CREAM
And I promise to bring back some of his wife's CAKE FOR NHMOM & all of our guests!!

And on the way down from MAINE, stop by "KAREN in NH" and say hello to her lovely cats!!
She is also great in the kitchen, you know!!

And pick up some TRES LECHES CAKE & TRES LECHES ICE CREAM from our DEAR KATHRYN ARAGON in TEXAS!! WOOHOOO!! Although, her granddaughters
apple cobbler with lots of pumpkin spice is SUPERB & in SEASON!!YUM!

And our Dear PAPER WING just joined the FUN, I will have to make another stop there, on the way over to NHMOM's PLACE, to bring her over here!!

Anyway, my Dear GLORIA, I thank you for all of your delicious treats, the mixing of flavors, the WAGU BEEF MEATBALLS are out of this world, so delicious, the raspberry custards are amazing, well, all of the CUSTARDS are amazing. I LUV CUSTARDS (probably 1 of my favorite desserts),
and I am sure that our DEAR NHMOM, is ENJOYING ALL OF THIS AS WELL!!
You truly outdid yourself this time!! EXQUISITE in every way!!

And I agree, that the drive from Manhattan is like going through different kingdoms, from fairytalesYAY!! Thank you, Dear GLORIA!! Thank you for helping us CELEBRATE our DEAR
NHMOM!! (((((((((HUGS)))))))

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR DEAR NHMOM & MANY MORE!!!

Thank you to ALL helping to CELEBRATE OUR DEAR "NH2NCMom" SPECIAL BIRTHDAY, week, month & year! YAY!!!
I believe that the itinerary you've outlined, will be what they call a MOVABLE FEAST! How delightful! Can't wait!

I hope that the artist's work on the ramekins' graphics, massages all the right brain centers. We were so lucky to find Spode White porcelain (pale blue) blanks. I let NH2NCMom's wonderful personality inspire the color choices for the shield and crest. I saw Gentian Blue, complemented by Lemon Yellow, and Spruce Green, complemented by the various Cinnabar hues of the twigs and leaves. The "black" of the shadows, by the way, is an ultra-deep Cobalt glaze. There's no actual black - a departure from the usual, which I'm hoping will bring the very best of luck. As you can see, the flora and fauna depicted on one side of the shield, are characteristic of New Hampshire, while those on the other side, are native to North Carolina.

The meatballs are still experimental. I'm thinking they need some sort of volatile aromatic compound, to provide even more punch than that of the ginger. Rosemary? Orange? What I WANT to add, is some sort of juniper berry - fresh & raw - WHOLE. I was running around tasting people's various juniper berries - straight from their bushes. Nothing, yet, has been right. And I've gotten some funny looks. But if I could just find the right fresh juniper berry, wouldn't that be a delight? ... an unexpected "gin moment" providing fleeting punctuation to the longer experience provided by the meatball? I'm seeking opinions here...

I've been making my way around this astonishing smorgasbord, and have enjoyed everyone's additions. Kathryn Aragon, that is the most astonishing Tres Leches Cake and Ice Cream! I'm going to have to google why they call it "three milks".

Country, you're the inspiration for all these creations! You're catalytic. You're transcendent. You're indispensable!!!!! ...

And, by all means, let's keep this party going!

Old 09-22-2021, 11:16 PM

Talking Thank you, Dear Grandview GLORIA! Great contribution to the BIRTHDAY PARTY! YAY!:):)Best of wishes to "NH2NCMom":)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
I believe that the itinerary you've outlined, will be what they call a MOVABLE FEAST! How delightful! Can't wait!

I hope that the artist's work on the ramekins' graphics, massages all the right brain centers. We were so lucky to find Spode White porcelain (pale blue) blanks. I let NH2NCMom's wonderful personality inspire the color choices for the shield and crest. I saw Gentian Blue, complemented by Lemon Yellow, and Spruce Green, complemented by the various Cinnabar hues of the twigs and leaves. The "black" of the shadows, by the way, is an ultra-deep Cobalt glaze. There's no actual black - a departure from the usual, which I'm hoping will bring the very best of luck. As you can see, the flora and fauna depicted on one side of the shield, are characteristic of New Hampshire, while those on the other side,
are native to North Carolina.

The meatballs are still experimental. I'm thinking they need some sort of volatile aromatic compound, to provide even more punch than that of the ginger. Rosemary? Orange? What I WANT to add, is some sort of juniper berry - fresh & raw - WHOLE. I was running around tasting people's various juniper berries - straight from their bushes. Nothing, yet, has been right. And I've gotten some funny looks. But if I could just find the right fresh juniper berry, wouldn't that be a delight? ... an unexpected "gin moment" providing fleeting punctuation to the longer experience provided by the meatball? I'm seeking opinions here...

I've been making my way around this astonishing smorgasbord, and have enjoyed everyone's additions. Kathryn Aragon, that is the most astonishing Tres Leches Cake and Ice Cream! I'm going to have to google why they call it "three milks".

Country, you're the inspiration for all these creations! You're catalytic. You're transcendent. You're indispensable!!!!! ...

And, by all means, let's keep this party going!

My Dearest GLORIA,

Thank you for the kind words, compliments, thoughts and AMAZING posts!!I really appreciate it!

Yes, by all means, let's keep this wonderful PARTY going!!YAY!!!

It is not just a MOVABLE FEAST, it is the PARTY TRAIN, where we pick up a lot of our guests along the way!!YAY!!

And lots of goodies, treats are being served, to keep everyone entertained & HAPPY!!! YAY!! CHEERS TO our DEAR "NH2NCMom" & to ALL here!!

Regarding our Dear Kathryn Aragon's, delicious
"TRES LECHES Cake & Ice Cream" It gets its name from the fact that it is made from condensed milk, heavy cream, evaporated milk (3 different types of milk). So, if you like custards, like I do, this is super creamy as well.

Maybe not as eggy like a custard, but creamy & sweet A truly decadent sponge cake! And to make the special occasion even more decadent, the
Tres Leches Cake is served with Tres Leches Ice cream! Super rich, for sure!

In reference to the delicious meatballs that you are making, I personally love Ginger (raw & cooked, in a tea, with just about everything) by itself & with orange as well. I think the combination of ginger & orange,
and or with Rosemary, sounds really good.
But your idea of the juniper berries is very creative. I think that would give it an extra memorable touch. Now, my concern is the looks you have been getting from tasting the different berries (from your neighbors place Please be careful, LOL! )

I also like the idea of fresh & raw. As well as cooked.
I do the same with tomatoes & different spices, I add a fresh portion with some dried & or cooked.
You obtain a different texture, taste, etc.
A juniper berry added to the recipe sounds like a great idea. It does not hurt to try!

Oh, I really luv Spode White porcelain, that was so thoughtful of you, taking into consideration "NH2NCMom's" background. She ADORES New Hampshire, it is like Heaven to her & she also likes
North Carolina as well, for obvious reasons The selection of colors is superb!!
Thank you for thinking of every detail, very thoughtful & kind of you!!

You are responsible for helping to make this party a SPECIAL EVENT

to remember & I am sure that our DEAR "NH2NCMom"

will LOVE EVERY MINUTE of it!!!

Thank you, for all of your DELICIOUS treats, ideas, exceptional dishes & recipes!

Truly memorable!

Thank you, for your kindness & heart!!(((((HUGS)))))) And let's keep this party going!!YAY!!

CHEERS TO YOU & TO ALL HERE!!

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR DEAR NHMOM, and MANY MORE!!! ((((((HUGS))))))

Old 09-23-2021, 12:15 AM

Talking Dear KAREN, THANK YOU for coming to NHMOM'S BIRTHDAY PARTY!!CHEERS!:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Happy birthday to NH2NCMom! I hope your whole birthday MONTH is spectacular (come on, we all need more than just a day! ).

Dear KAREN,

Thank you, so much for coming to 'NHMOM'S" BIRTHDAY MONTH CELEBRATION!!

And I certainly agree, it is supposed to be a MONTH LONG CELEBRATION!!

We cannot possibly manage to CELEBRATE just in 1 day, that is insane that is SAD
And not right at all!!

How can one possibly celebrate with family, friends, neighbors, co workers, CITY DATA FORUM FRIENDS in just 1 day, that is IMPOSSIBLE!!

CELEBRATIONS should take at least one month, to take it all in, to enjoy the different desserts, meals,
to enjoy each others company, etc. etc.

So, pull up a chair, and start enjoying some of the desserts, treats, goodies brought by
everyone here, we even brought some treats for your lovely CATS!!
Have a DRINK, tea, coffee, cocoa, AMARETTO, BAILEYS, PORT, wine, etc. CHEERS!!
Thank you, for coming KAREN, thank you for helping us CELEBRATE our

DEAR "NH2NCMom's" BIRTHDAY!!!!

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR DEAR "NH2NCMom" & many more!!

Old 09-23-2021, 03:24 AM

4,961 posts, read 3,320,683 times
Happy Birthday to NHMom.

Old 09-23-2021, 03:58 AM

1,093 posts, read 1,060,810 times
Happy Birthday!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire