Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 06:40 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,949,596 times

Advertisements

That's a good question, Sparky. As far as I know, GraniteStater is the only mod we've had who actually live(d) in New Hampshire, but is now in KY. CaseyB (who steps in occasionally) is in MA. Suzette, our previous mod (who we all love dearly) lived in SoCal, but wanted to live in NH. Seems that most states have mods that live within the border, but for whatever reason, as far as I know, nobody actually from NH has been asked. I've been a mod/channel OP previously (not here) and can say that it's not always easy. There is a fine line between being friends with regulars and maintaining peace. Tempers flare easily online, where most people are able to type things they would never say in public, and then hide behind anonymity. It's not a job that I would want...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2010, 06:55 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,241,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCCASparky View Post
Board politics, or NH politics? Seems that we have lots of outsiders in the state telling us how we should live, act, think, etc.

Seems that's carrying over to the board, eh? I'm curious--out of the "regular" moderators on the NH board, how many are ACTUALLY FROM NH?

Food for thought.
I was born here in 1962, grew up here, was educated here and went to UNH, just like my spouse. My forebears built the family house in 1917.

Old 10-28-2010, 07:05 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
No mod, and i wasn't born here but lived here since i was 5. I don't think any one will ever accuse me of bring in the big city life style

I don't hide either. Any mod dm's to me and they can have my name phone number and address, as most any poster can. Mac is a part of my name, Muz is added since most sites want more than 3 letters and or Mac is just taken, so muz if for one of the things I do, shooting flintlocks,aka muzzeloaders.
I was head mod at mcusa, so I know all about that parts being friends and sorting out egos'. I had total acces to all accounts to include passwords. I did it 5 years and that was plenty enough.

Old 11-01-2010, 07:56 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,949,596 times
Arrow The Lyme Disease Community has not forgotten! Vote 11/2/2010

Many of you know that I have a kid with Chronic Lyme Disease. I wanted to share this email that came through my NH Lyme List. Should be of interest to all, with New Hampshire leading the nation in newly diagnosed Lyme Disease cases:

As you all know this is a Lyme list. As such, I make an effort to stay away from politics, other than those directly related to Lyme. Lyme disease should not be a partisan issue. However, when HB1326, the Lyme bill, was defeated last spring, it was the Democrat leadership in the senate that worked overtime to defeat our bill. Senators Silvia Larson, Maggie Hassan, Jackie Cilley, Martha Fuller-Clark, Molly Kelly and Peggy Gilmore should be singled out as prominant opponents of the bill. These six did everything in their power to ensure that HB1326 went down to defeat. Despite a lengthy hearing and numerous efforts by our committee to convince them of the merits of the bill, these senators sided with the Medical Society and Dartmouth Hitchcock and worked aggressively to defeat the bill. They also promised that Governor Lynch would veto the bill if it ever made it through the senate. We promised them that the Lyme community would not forget come November. Election Day is upon us tomorrow and I urge any and all of you who are in these senators districts to get to the polls and vote for their opponent. While you are at it vote against Governor Lynch.

The Lyme Community has not forgotten!

Last edited by Valerie C; 11-01-2010 at 08:11 PM.. Reason: added title...

Old 11-02-2010, 04:17 AM

1,384 posts, read 4,452,661 times
You can count on my vote for Peggy's opponent, Val.

Old 11-02-2010, 06:34 AM

1,200 posts, read 2,217,383 times
<---- Hates Lyme disease and hates liberals even more.

Old 11-02-2010, 04:05 PM

26,418 posts, read 46,591,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie C View Post
That's a good question, Sparky. As far as I know, GraniteStater is the only mod we've had who actually live(d) in New Hampshire, but is now in KY. CaseyB (who steps in occasionally) is in MA. Suzette, our previous mod (who we all love dearly) lived in SoCal, but wanted to live in NH. Seems that most states have mods that live within the border, but for whatever reason, as far as I know, nobody actually from NH has been asked. I've been a mod/channel OP previously (not here) and can say that it's not always easy. There is a fine line between being friends with regulars and maintaining peace. Tempers flare easily online, where most people are able to type things they would never say in public, and then hide behind anonymity. It's not a job that I would want...
I live in southern Indiana now (near Louisville). I have family who live in central NH. If a good position opens up in my career field in NH you can bet I will be back ASAP.

Old 11-02-2010, 07:47 PM

817 posts, read 2,189,041 times
What - no election results discussion yet??

Looks like we can say good bye to Carol Shea-Porter!

Old 11-02-2010, 08:19 PM

885 posts, read 2,661,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie C View Post
Many of you know that I have a kid with Chronic Lyme Disease. I wanted to share this email that came through my NH Lyme List. Should be of interest to all, with New Hampshire leading the nation in newly diagnosed Lyme Disease cases:

As you all know this is a Lyme list. As such, I make an effort to stay away from politics, other than those directly related to Lyme. Lyme disease should not be a partisan issue. However, when HB1326, the Lyme bill, was defeated last spring, it was the Democrat leadership in the senate that worked overtime to defeat our bill. Senators Silvia Larson, Maggie Hassan, Jackie Cilley, Martha Fuller-Clark, Molly Kelly and Peggy Gilmore should be singled out as prominant opponents of the bill. These six did everything in their power to ensure that HB1326 went down to defeat. Despite a lengthy hearing and numerous efforts by our committee to convince them of the merits of the bill, these senators sided with the Medical Society and Dartmouth Hitchcock and worked aggressively to defeat the bill. They also promised that Governor Lynch would veto the bill if it ever made it through the senate. We promised them that the Lyme community would not forget come November. Election Day is upon us tomorrow and I urge any and all of you who are in these senators districts to get to the polls and vote for their opponent. While you are at it vote against Governor Lynch.

The Lyme Community has not forgotten!
For community reference HB1326 indicates:
Purpose and Intent. It is the intent of the general court to investigate and assess access to viable and credible alternative medical practices and protocols to Lyme disease, and that during the duration of the work of the committee established by this act, the board of medicine established under RSA 329 will:

I. Post on its website its policy relative to intended disciplinary action toward doctors who prescribe long term antibiotics for Lyme disease.

II. Refrain from undertaking disciplinary proceedings against or sanctioning credentialed medical professionals solely for offering credible treatment approaches to Lyme disease within their scope of practice based solely on such treatment approach, provided that practitioners provide patients being so treated with disclosure that the treatment approach may be an alternative to Infectious Disease Society of America (IDSA) accepted medical practice, provide details as to potential adverse affects, and request a signature of acknowledgement of receipt of the disclosure. Provided, however, that nothing in this paragraph shall lessen the standard of care applicable to practitioners licensed by the board.

Old 11-04-2010, 02:02 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
Val, I didn't know there was anything in NH on Lymes. That killed my little brother in May 98. He was one of the first to contract the disease, probably camping on Cranes Bch in Ipswich Ma. Has he lived another week he would have turned 40. Pretty sad.

He was mis-diagnoised too and for a very long time. i was the infection of this disease on a woman this past summer in Porter maines too. Sent her to the docs. I hope she did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire